What happened to Coop?

Did 343 just forget about it? Also did they think we forgot about it? Why aren’t they saying anything?

5 Likes

It’ll be delayed. Along with forge.

3 Likes

According to who? Obviously with tomorrow being the end of August, but 343 has been radio silent about any delays.

2 Likes

Probably delayed? Who knows. 343 is more than likely trying to work out all the bugs we found and reported. And then they have to fix the stuff that breaks when they fix those bugs. There seems to be a cascade effect of fixes that break other things.

3 Likes

I’ve been told to expect bad news coming soon. Possibly as early as this week. Just stay tuned.

7 Likes

343 forgor

4 Likes

I think the most frustrating part about this is that we have had to figure this out for ourselves. If Campaign Co-Op AND Mission replay were going to be delayed, the absolute least they could have done is told us some time in the later half of last week. And certainly today.

The fact that they’ve chosen NOT to say anything isn’t just indicative that these features are going to get delayed, it’s laziness on 343’s part. It’s that laziness and non-existent communication that frustrates me and a lot of players more than anything else.

11 Likes

Thats all well and good, but have they said anything in regards to that? They said the release would be late August. Theres one day left in August and we have no information about any sort of delay

5 Likes

I genuinely wonder if its laziness or just a general lack of respect for their fans. Like how many people were waiting on the edge of their seats for coop to release so they could play with their friends? They were told late August. Now theres literally no telling when. It could be next week, it could be next month. I would say that next month is a stretch, but i have a feeling that its not that farfetched

2 Likes

You’re absolutely right. Their silence on literally EVERYTHING we as fans want to know has driven me nuts.

4 Likes

We know they are “coming clean” at the end of the week.

It’s kind of pointless to say anything mid-week.

Frustrating, but pointless.

Hopefully any bad news is about co-op and not Forge.

They will probably answer it in the roadmap probably a month away

1 Like

Radio silence is 343i’s M.O.

2 Likes

“It was a late august target not a release!”
Okay, they weren’t committed to late August. Fine. They could at least say something!
I expect the new co-op target will be shown in whatever 343 says this week. If they say it today then at least they informed us in the last minute of August.
Its just like the co-op flight where they said “The week of” and the week started and they didn’t say anything until last second.
We aren’t mad that its delayed, we’re mad that they lack the foresight to tell us what happened. When you check in with your teams, the target is next week, and it isn’t close to being done and you delay the release, you’d think you’d tell everyone around the time the thing is delayed!

2 Likes

Bande de guignole serieux ils ont dit septembre mais bebe pleure car cest trop dure dattendre quelque jours

They’ve been trying to come up with some good news to help paint themselves in a better light, it may still be a while yet.

1 Like

“We aren’t mad that its delayed”. speak for yourself, im mad its delayed. it should have been in at launch, same with forge, file share, community browser, more playlists, the list goes on.

3 Likes
  • They’re releasing the roadmap tomorrow (Wednesday) as of an announcement via Ske7ch today.
  • Likely to be delayed - I presume a few weeks into september
  • Remember: they very much stated that their dates are “targets” and are “subject to change”

We’re entering month 10. I’m done with “should have” hypotheticals. It didn’t happen, we all know Infinite isn’t where we want. We need to focus on what they need to do now.

3 Likes

Do not defend them for waiting until the last second to give their fans this update. Remember: they very much stated that their target for the release of coop was late August. If it was going to change, they should have said something before the last day in August. They have no respect for their fans. They kept people on the edge of their seats in anticipation of coop and then pulled the rug out from under them.

2 Likes