What happened to Callout Assists?

Sometime in the first three months of the game, I figured out I could get points for calling out enemies, changed my controller buttons around to accommodate that, and had a competitive edge against the run-and-gun types as a support.

Did this go away with the update? I used to get medals and such for shot caller, but not anymore. Maybe it affected KDA, which I don’t care that it did in the first place, but now it’s like gone completely.

Is the absence of callout assists a bug or feature?

1 Like

I also used to get the Shot Caller medal a lot, but I never get it anymore.

2 Likes

Maybe the criteria was adjusted? Last I knew you got SC medal for headshot-ing the enemy you just pinged, did they change it so a team mate has to get the kill (which makes more sense)?

1 Like

You get Shot Caller medals (but no points) when you ping someone and then kill them yourself within a certain time frame. You get Callout Assist +10 points to your score when you ping an enemy and a teammate kills them within a certain time frame. I hope this clears up the confusion for anyone who stumbles upon this thread.

5 Likes

Well I knew what I got them for, it’s just that I don’t get them anymore. I mark enemies nearly every time I see one, and often am able to immediately headshot them yet I don’t get the medal. Sure, I do not doubt that there have been many times that I didn’t get them in time to meet the criteria - fair enough. However, I did used to get them quite often and now I get them never. It’s been such a stark difference that something just doesn’t seem right. Even if we say most of the times I thought I earned one I was mistaken, I can’t believe that I haven’t gotten at least one in all the time since. It’s just something that seemed worth pointing out.

2 Likes

I still get those medals regularly. Are your pings the enemy color? If your ping is accurate enough it turns the ping marker the enemy color. I don’t know if that’s required for a mark assist but it wouldn’t surprised me if it was.

3 Likes

That’s odd, I’m a serial pinger and I still get tons of Shot Caller medals and Call-Out Assists. Maybe try reinstalling the game, or submit a ticket to support (if the support site is even working).

2 Likes

Shot caller isn’t used so much because of button placement.

When you’re trying to aim shoot and press a button on the dpad at the same time?

I don’t see that button being used much.

You can make custom button loadouts. I set ping to a paddle, so I can ping and don’t have to take my thumbs off. If you don’t have paddles you can put it on a bumper or thumbstick press. If it’s worth it to you. :wink:

1 Like

That’s exactly what I do. However, having to bind the button to a paddle, which is only possible on elite controllers, highlights the exact issue I have.

It’s impractical.

Ah, like that. Yeah I totally agree. There are not enough buttons on regular controllers to use all the functions. We should be able to map button combo’s. Like RB + LB = ping for example.

1 Like

Another hurdle in the seemingly endless hurdles for Infinite to overcome.

1 Like

I get this exact same problem… It is definitely a bug because my friend still gets them all the time. I’ve also tested it on a secondary account, and it all works on that account. It seems to be a problem only affecting certain accounts… I hope that they can hear us complaining about this cause it really sucks. Shot Caller, Spotter, and Party’s Over are the only 3 medals that I’m missing on my medal wall.

3 Likes

Same here. This is disappointing

Having been playing a bunch of rounds recently and being an avid Marker Man myself, I haven’t noticed any disappearance or lessening of the Callout Assist. To add to it, I still get the Mark Assist even if my pings aren’t red; as long as an enemy is within the vicinity and they die, I get the assist.

1 Like

I got multiple shot caller medals yesterday. This thread looks old, i think the issue is resolved (or the mark assist timer was reduced)

1 Like

Still not getting the mark assist medals. Idk what the deal is.

Change your AI and try the shot caller again. It also affects Saboteur

3 Likes

I wasn’t getting the medals or the points but changing the AI did work! We should report this bug.
Thanks Red Eye!

What AI doesn’t give you shotcaller medals? Do you know that? I play with that triangular goofy AI.