What happend?

I’ve found it interesting that the daily and weekly challenges of halo reach still work like they do. I was wondering If 343 was maintaining them. Anyone know?

I think they just made a wide bunch of them and they are randomly chosen by a system.

> 2535452261160675;2:
> I think they just made a wide bunch of them and they are randomly chosen by a system.

Good thinking.

> 2535436915220529;1:
> I’ve found it interesting that the daily and weekly challenges of halo reach still work like they do. I was wondering If 343 was maintaining them. Anyone know?

For the most part, daily and weekly challenges are randomly generated from a list of preprogrammed challenges, but from what I understand some days will spawn gametype specific challenges (For example, If it is still setup this way, Thursday is usually all Firefight challenges for the Daily Challenges).

Now there are two broken challenges ‘Clip it. Share it.’ and ‘Linked to B.net’. ‘Linked to B.net’ can only be obtained by older players who have already linked their Xbox LIVE and email with Bungie.net if I am not mistaken, but the cR payout was lowered to 1 cR due to this, so there would be more of a balance for newer players as they only miss out on 1 cR due to not being able to do this anymore. Personally, if you have done this, I see it as a ‘Joker Card’ for those who can get it if this comes up when the Weekly challenge is “Your Daily Dose”, which is completing all of the daily challenges on a single day.

Something is messed up with the File Share, making ‘Clip it, Share it.’ unobtainable from what I understand.

> 2533274898831741;4:
> > 2535436915220529;1:
> >
>
> For the most part, daily and weekly challenges are randomly generated from a list of preprogrammed challenges, but from what I understand some days will spawn gametype specific challenges (For example, If it is still setup this way, Thursday is usually all Firefight challenges for the Daily Challenges).

Wait, really? I didn’t knew, Thank you.
And maybe I can assume that Friday is MP only challenges?

there is not much daily challenge, I think they are random but they are not numerous.

> 2533274860712851;6:
> there is not much daily challenge, I think they are random but they are not numerous.

Bad grammar. There aren’t many daily challenges.

I feel horrible for shedding light on the subject.

> 2535436915220529;7:
> > 2533274860712851;6:
> > there is not much daily challenge, I think they are random but they are not numerous.
>
> Bad grammar. There aren’t many daily challenges.

I’m sorry for my writing, I do not speak much English, and as I have to write in English on the forum to discuss with other people, I have to use a translator. So I’m sorry if my sentences are badly translated.

I just wish they carried the challenges over to Halo 5, but it is what it is lol. Regardless that’s okay, cause I am playing reach on my XB1 and loving every minute of it. Don’t believe I’ve touched H5 in a week or two now.

> 2533274898831741;4:
> > 2535436915220529;1:
> > I’ve found it interesting that the daily and weekly challenges of halo reach still work like they do. I was wondering If 343 was maintaining them. Anyone know?
>
> For the most part, daily and weekly challenges are randomly generated from a list of preprogrammed challenges

You are exactly right! There’s a huge list inside the files that has every single daily and weekly challenge, even the cut ones. If anyone wants to look through them, you can look at them all here: Halo: Reach Challenges - Pastebin.com

Some of the cut challenges are odd, there’s one called “The one for DSA” which you achieve by searching with an Open NAT. A lot of the challenges have multiple names as well, so there’s not all that many.

> 2533274928220582;11:
> > 2533274898831741;4:
> > > 2535436915220529;1:
> > > I’ve found it interesting that the daily and weekly challenges of halo reach still work like they do. I was wondering If 343 was maintaining them. Anyone know?
> >
> > For the most part, daily and weekly challenges are randomly generated from a list of preprogrammed challenges
>
> You are exactly right! There’s a huge list inside the files that has every single daily and weekly challenge, even the cut ones. If anyone wants to look through them, you can look at them all here: https://pastebin.com/5c6kg8A Some of the cut challenges are odd, there’s one called “The one for DSA” which you achieve by searching with an Open NAT. A lot of the challenges have multiple names as well, so there’s not all that many.

Thanks for posting that list. To my knowledge I have never seen it and it’s pretty cool to see which ones were cut and not cut. I still have a bookmark (haloreachdaily) which I still look at from time to time. I wish H4 and H5 kept up with the challenges, I know H4 did but I really enjoyed the ones in Reach much more. I remember carefully planning my day out around these challenges as in, okay I man need to spend an hour in swat for the kills/sprees and spend a little more time in Rumble Pit/Multi-team for assists, and automatic kills. 343 if ya still visit these forums by chance, ya think we can have these in H6? The daily login and win packs are cool, but outside of the XP bonuses I can’t really use any of that stuff outside of Warzone which just isn’t that fun for me anymore.