What happend?

I was playing H3 a while ago because I hadn’t played it in a while and there was only about 26000 people! I live in the US and I know for a FACT that before Reach that there were way more people playing than Reach and H3 today, PUT TOGETHER! What happened?! How come no one plays H3 anymore?

EDIT: By no one, I mean few people.

Everyone converting to Reach? Or perhaps the count was inaccurate, it’s happened before.

Because the newest game in a series is always the most popular no matter what, and with a laggy netcode, not that many would want to go back to Halo 3 I’m sure.

> Everyone converting to Reach? Or perhaps the count was inaccurate, it’s happened before.

Really? Wow. I thought a lot of people hated Reach and prefered to play H3. I think Reach is alright, but I like H3 better. (Pretty competitive)

You said in in your OP. People are playing Reach. Unless there are some Uber gamers out there, we still only have the ability to play one game at a time.

Now if you said there were more playing Halo 2, I’d yell hax.

honestly i go back to 3 from time to time, it just depends on factors when you log in to when everyone is on at that time.

> Because the newest game in a series is always the most popular no matter what, and with a laggy netcode, not that many would want to go back to Halo 3 I’m sure.

Why not give a TU like 343 is doing for Reach. Fix the lag and put new stuff in, H2 was still popular with H3 around how come no H3 with Reach?

> > Everyone converting to Reach? Or perhaps the count was inaccurate, it’s happened before.
>
> Really? Wow. I thought a lot of people hated Reach and prefered to play H3. I think Reach is alright, but I like H3 better. (Pretty competitive)

That’s an honest exaggeration by the more vocal group of the community. This is what I’m talking about when I refer to the “decline” of Halo being hogwash. Many people try and say that quite a few people prefer Halo 3 to Reach, but the numbers quite simply make it apparent that this isn’t necessarily the case.

> > > Everyone converting to Reach? Or perhaps the count was inaccurate, it’s happened before.
> >
> > Really? Wow. I thought a lot of people hated Reach and prefered to play H3. I think Reach is alright, but I like H3 better. (Pretty competitive)
>
> That’s an honest exaggeration by the more vocal group of the community. This is what I’m talking about when I refer to the “decline” of Halo being hogwash. Many people try and say that quite a few people prefer Halo 3 to Reach, but the numbers quite simply make it apparent that this isn’t necessarily the case.

I just see people on the forums say that a lot of people hated Reach so I thought they played H3. By how many people complained I just thought more people played H3.

> > > > Everyone converting to Reach? Or perhaps the count was inaccurate, it’s happened before.
> > >
> > > Really? Wow. I thought a lot of people hated Reach and prefered to play H3. I think Reach is alright, but I like H3 better. (Pretty competitive)
> >
> > That’s an honest exaggeration by the more vocal group of the community. This is what I’m talking about when I refer to the “decline” of Halo being hogwash. Many people try and say that quite a few people prefer Halo 3 to Reach, but the numbers quite simply make it apparent that this isn’t necessarily the case.
>
> I just see people on the forums say that a lot of people hated Reach so I thought they played H3. By how many people complained I just thought more people played H3.

Always take forum posts with a large grain of salt. The forums, in reality, represent a very small percentage of the whole community.

The real reason to the decline in player numbers in Reach is due to the greater number of games on the market. Though honestly, Reach have over 1,000,000 unique players a day and peaks at 150,000 players. That’s less than Halo 3, yes, but still very impressive compared to other titles. The only games that can boast more are MW2 and Black Ops, which are multi-platform and appeal to a much larger crowd than Halo.

That’s what he means about the vocal exaggerating. People complain about Reach and yet continue to play it. I’m sure there are those that still play Halo 3, but not as many. Also with what I hear about a Title Update for Reach, it may draw even more players in and get some old ones back.

> > > > Everyone converting to Reach? Or perhaps the count was inaccurate, it’s happened before.
> > >
> > > Really? Wow. I thought a lot of people hated Reach and prefered to play H3. I think Reach is alright, but I like H3 better. (Pretty competitive)
> >
> > That’s an honest exaggeration by the more vocal group of the community. This is what I’m talking about when I refer to the “decline” of Halo being hogwash. Many people try and say that quite a few people prefer Halo 3 to Reach, but the numbers quite simply make it apparent that this isn’t necessarily the case.
>
> I just see people on the forums say that a lot of people hated Reach so I thought they played H3. By how many people complained I just thought more people played H3.

> Because the newest game in a series is always the most popular no matter what, and with a laggy netcode, not that many would want to go back to Halo 3 I’m sure.

I recently went back to H3 just to mess around and I was more frustrated than I have ever been playing Reach. The net code is SOOO bad; thank god halo went back to hitscan.

> > Because the newest game in a series is always the most popular no matter what, and with a laggy netcode, not that many would want to go back to Halo 3 I’m sure.
>
> Why not give a TU like 343 is doing for Reach. Fix the lag and put new stuff in, H2 was still popular with H3 around how come no H3 with Reach?

I’d imagine a TU for a 4 year old game while also making one for Reach and making Halo 4 and CE:A would not be the best of ideas. Also H2 was still popular, but the bad netcode didn’t exist in Halo 2, and many players saw Halo 2 as being more skillful, along with it being on the original xbox rather than the xbox 360, meaning people would have to had bought an all new console just to play it.

> That’s what he means about the vocal exaggerating. People complain about Reach and yet continue to play it. I’m sure there are those that still play Halo 3, but not as many. Also with what I hear about a Title Update for Reach, it may draw even more players in and get some old ones back.
>
>
> > > > > Everyone converting to Reach? Or perhaps the count was inaccurate, it’s happened before.
> > > >
> > > > Really? Wow. I thought a lot of people hated Reach and prefered to play H3. I think Reach is alright, but I like H3 better. (Pretty competitive)
> > >
> > > That’s an honest exaggeration by the more vocal group of the community. This is what I’m talking about when I refer to the “decline” of Halo being hogwash. Many people try and say that quite a few people prefer Halo 3 to Reach, but the numbers quite simply make it apparent that this isn’t necessarily the case.
> >
> > I just see people on the forums say that a lot of people hated Reach so I thought they played H3. By how many people complained I just thought more people played H3.

See, sometimes I hate Reach and yet I love it. It’s weird. I don’t like AA’s, well just AL, but if I ever want to play without AA’s I always just go to team classic. Even though I grew up playing Halo without AA’s, I got used to it.(Bloom too). I mean there are loop holes, if someone uses armour lock I wait it out and kill them later. I just don’t hate it anymore. I used to complain about it all the time, but now I just got used to it and play Reach all day(And H3 of course). I think too many people complain and play the game too. And well… they can suck it.

I think I see what you did there.
Or maybe I’m just a conspiracy seeker guy.

I usually play the same number of matches on Reach and H3 during the week, I looove them both so much.

I was on less than a week a go and there was 69,000. That’s catching up with reach’s population.

> > > Everyone converting to Reach? Or perhaps the count was inaccurate, it’s happened before.
> >
> > Really? Wow. I thought a lot of people hated Reach and prefered to play H3. I think Reach is alright, but I like H3 better. (Pretty competitive)
>
> That’s an honest exaggeration by the more vocal group of the community. This is what I’m talking about when I refer to the “decline” of Halo being hogwash. Many people try and say that quite a few people prefer Halo 3 to Reach, but the numbers quite simply make it apparent that this isn’t necessarily the case.

What “the dude” said.

It rings truth.

> > Because the newest game in a series is always the most popular no matter what, and with a laggy netcode, not that many would want to go back to Halo 3 I’m sure.
>
> Why not give a TU like 343 is doing for Reach. Fix the lag and put new stuff in, H2 was still popular with H3 around how come no H3 with Reach?

Not possible.

And when Halo 2 was in its final days, the population was only like 10000