WHat happen to duil wielding?

So what happened to duel wielding? Did people hate it that much that it was kicked out? It was always optional, but it did give more tactical options. I always duel needled sword charges before they got me in halo 2, so funny. I was hoping they bring it back after reach in halo 4, but it didn’t happen, and now they don’t have it in halo 5. Instead this iron sights.

I don’t think many people liked it so they took it out and it hasn’t been in Halo since Halo 3. Chances are we won’t see it except maybe as an option in custom games and/or campaign.

> 2533274796134964;2:
> I don’t think many people liked it so they took it out and it hasn’t been in Halo since Halo 3. Chances are we won’t see it except maybe as an option in custom games and/or campaign.

Ehh, well that is disappointing considering the fact that it was always optional. plus you see certain enemies in the campaigns using it but you can’t

Bungie’s reasoning behind it was that when dual wielding was the big focus of Halo 2, people stopped using melee and grenades. This was the main reason for bringing back the Assault Rifle in Halo 3. Another problem was how they would handle damage. In Halo 2, if you held 2 SMGs, you would deal double the damage of a single SMG, and this made the time to kill way too fast, so in Halo 3, if you held 2 SMGs, instead of doing 2x the damage, you were doing something like 1.5x the damage to try and make it a little more balanced, but then you were faced with the problem of having a weapon that was pretty much useless on it’s own. In the end, I guess they decided that it didn’t make all that much sense, so they removed it.

> 2533274803432205;4:
> Bungie’s reasoning behind it was that when dual wielding was the big focus of Halo 2, people stopped using melee and grenades. This was the main reason for bringing back the Assault Rifle in Halo 3. Another problem was how they would handle damage. In Halo 2, if you held 2 SMGs, you would deal double the damage of a single SMG, and this made the time to kill way too fast, so in Halo 3, if you held 2 SMGs, instead of doing 2x the damage, you were doing something like 1.5x the damage to try and make it a little more balanced, but then you were faced with the problem of having a weapon that was pretty much useless on it’s own. In the end, I guess they decided that it didn’t make all that much sense, so they removed it.

Not only that but Dual Wielding diluted the sandbox with a bunch of overly similar weapons.However, I think the biggest issue is that it messes with the classic golden triangle.

They mentioned before that dual wielding wasn’t in Halo 4 because the base weapons were more powerful and having two would just be OP. Thats probably the case with H5. Dual wielding was nice but kind of pointless imo. You couldn’t throw grenades or melee whilst dual wielding.

Probably wanted to remove it.