What halo xbox one SHOULD be!

This is a multi-part thread detailing what I think should be in the next halo game. Keep in mind that this is my opinion, and to keep your posts constructive.

Halo 5 needs to be as skillfull as halo 2 and 3, it doesn’t necessarily have to BE halo 2 and 3. The problem with halo 4 is that it leaned to much towards the classed based side of shooter, which explains why many fans find that it doesn’t feel true to what halo is ( I do, but I’m just saying based on what I’ve seen on here ). I think halo 5 should go a little like this:

Loadouts(primary): AR, plasma repeater, BR, Carbine, new promethean rifle.

Loadouts(secondary): magnum, new promethean pistol that is nothing like the boltshot, plasma rifle replaces the plasma pistol in loadouts.

AAs: thruster, hologram, regen field that only heals team mates, the rest should be all new abilities designed with these abilities template. Simple, skillfull and balanced.

Grenades: start with 2 frags every time.

Power weapons: saw, inc. cannon, storm rifle modified to be more like the saw, rockets, rail gun, new covenant power weapon, snipers from halo 4, scattershot, promethean machine gun.

No sprint

No flinch

No perks

Weapons on the map as always, some weapons move around at predictable locations and times. Most weapons do not do this.

Equipment makes a return: When picked up takes the place of selected armor ability. These are powerful but skillfull and simple one time use weapons that are on the map. They are designed around maps, not the other way around.

Maps: mix of symmetrical and asymmetrical map design. 4v4 maps are small and built for map control and competitive play. Btb maps are large and very open to allow vehicle flow, this is better than the clutter used in halo 4 btb maps. Many maps have interactive qualities, such as opening and closing doors or bridges, or even like what vertigo has with its emp target. These things are present in objective game modes and slayer modes for some maps but not all.

Traits:

Movement is halo 4s current speed.

Aim assist and magnetism is halo 3 levels

Spread is gone but projectile weapons replace hitscan to promote leading shots. Lack of spread is to make gunplay more consistent and fair.

Each AA has an icon to distinguish itself, that icon hangs over the players head when they get to a certain distance from another player to make the game less random.

Strafing is at halo ce levels. Slide is no longer in the game and response time between shift in directions is instant.

The only guns that have spread are automatics.

Passenger seats only have first person view. Highjacks are now all in first person.

Armor ability view points stay in first person 100% of the time.

Jump height is halo 4 levels.

Gun sway while moving is more stable and not so bouncy in the stock area of the screen.

HUD is updated version of halo 4s. Shows other grenades as well as secondary weapons.

Red x at launch please.

LOOK BELOW FOR PART 2!!

I get what your saying but I have a question. Did you accidentally copy and past the whole thing over again at the bottom?

> Halo 5 needs to be as skillfull as halo 2 and 3

k

> > Halo 5 needs to be as skillfull as halo 2 and 3
>
> k

I said that the magnetism and aim assist should be low, I know that halo 2 had high magnetism.

> I get what your saying but I have a question. Did you accidentally copy and past the whole thing over again at the bottom?

Thanks for pointing that out, I have since fixed it.

PART 2:

Ordnance drops: these are no longer team based, and any weapon earned is by kills only, preferably a killing spree. These now only exist in team based sayer game-types, and are more limited but encourage map movement and team play, things halo is all about.

How they work goes like this: there are 3 power weapons on the map that can only be on the map if someone puts them there, but these weapons are mid level power weapons that have a skill gap. When one player gets killing spree medal they have a choice to call down one weapon to its location, this can only be done twice for each of the two or three positions. When a killing spree is reached, a message across the HUD will say “ordnance drop imminent”, but will not say who is refilling it. Once someone calls down a drop, the message will change to “position x resupplied”. So you know when someone has an ordnance drop ready, you know when it’s dropped, where it’s dropped and what weapon is dropped in that spot. The weapons that are dropped can not be used by the person who called in the drop and when one person has an ordnance drop ready, some one else can use his or hers until the person who got it first uses it and can’t refill the same position until 2 minutes has passed.

The same thing can be done with vehicles. There would be 2 vehicle spawn points that adhere to the same rules as the other type of ordnance drop stated above. These vehicles are team based vehicles such as warthogs, prowlers, or specters. These positions can only be refilled once or twice depending on the game type. This type on ordnance drop occurs in big team objective games only and can not be in the same match as the other type of ordnance drop. As with gun drops, these can’t be used simultaneously, and positions have refill timers.

This would work with halo map design rather well as they both require skill to pull of, are predictable, promotes team work and map movement. All classic halo qualities, all of which were sort of messed with in halo 4. ( they were not destroyed however, just lessened a little bit )

> > Halo 5 needs to be as skillfull as halo 2 and 3
>
> k

Gotta love what’s implied with this “k” post.

Halo 2 had high magnetism and aim-assist, therefore the overall game doesn’t require skill.

I put some effort into this post. I would like some chatter.

> I put some effort into this post. I would like some chatter.

Yes and I’m sure the other people who made the exact same threads before you put some effort in theirs too.

> > I put some effort into this post. I would like some chatter.
>
> Yes and I’m sure the other people who made the exact same threads before you put some effort in theirs too.

Thanks man.