What Halo Reach map would you like remade?

Given the excellent job 343 did in remaking Haven from Halo 4, I’d like to know what map from Halo Reach you would like to possibly be remade for Halo 5’s next update?

My personal choice would be “Boardwalk”.

I enjoyed playing that map in Halo Reach and I think it had a good mix of everything such as long and close range combat, well-placed power weapons and, great atmospheric effects. I also thought it made a great infection map.

If 343 does decide to remake a map from Halo Reach, I hope they’ll consider choosing a Human or Forerunner setting, as we now have quite a few maps that are set on Sanghelios.

What map would you like to be remade? And why?

remixing isnt the same as remaking. mercy is a remake of Haven, an example of remix would be how Regret is a remix of truth which is a remake of midship

And no, we dont have enough sanghelios MP maps. The human levels are boring because they all seem to share a simialr factory-like aesthetic but a covenant map would also be nice.

> 2533274799135257;2:
> remixing isnt the same as remaking. mercy is a remake of Haven, an example of remix would be how Regret is a remix of truth which is a remake of midship
>
> And no, we dont have enough sanghelios MP maps. The human levels are boring because they all seem to share a simialr factory-like aesthetic but a covenant map would also be nice.

Thanks for explaining the difference in terms.

343 could do a remake set on Sanghelios, but I’d prefer, as you mentioned, a Covenant map.

> 2533274870717152;3:
> > 2533274799135257;2:
> > remixing isnt the same as remaking. mercy is a remake of Haven, an example of remix would be how Regret is a remix of truth which is a remake of midship
> >
> > And no, we dont have enough sanghelios MP maps. The human levels are boring because they all seem to share a simialr factory-like aesthetic but a covenant map would also be nice.
>
>
> Thanks for explaining the difference in terms.
>
> 343 could do a remake set on Sanghelios, but I’d prefer, as you mentioned, a Covenant map.

Technically Mercy was because Sunaion is a covenant capital on Sangheilios

> 2533274799135257;4:
> > 2533274870717152;3:
> > > 2533274799135257;2:
> > > remixing isnt the same as remaking. mercy is a remake of Haven, an example of remix would be how Regret is a remix of truth which is a remake of midship
> > >
> > > And no, we dont have enough sanghelios MP maps. The human levels are boring because they all seem to share a simialr factory-like aesthetic but a covenant map would also be nice.
> >
> >
> > Thanks for explaining the difference in terms.
> >
> > 343 could do a remake set on Sanghelios, but I’d prefer, as you mentioned, a Covenant map.
>
>
> Technically Mercy was because Sunaion is a covenant capital on Sangheilios

A remake of Boardwalk set in Sunaion could be good.:neutral_face:

What do you think?

SPIRE

> 2533274919871163;6:
> SPIRE

I think that would make a great Warzone map!

343 could also make a condensed version for Warzone Assault.

> 2533274919871163;6:
> SPIRE

Looks like someone knows what he’s talking about.

As a Reach Fanboy and BTB lover there is just one option: Spire

All other maps would also be nice though as reach had some of the best Halo maps In my opinion…

> 2535406272231884;8:
> > 2533274919871163;6:
> > SPIRE
>
>
> Looks like someone knows what he’s talking about.

But it wouldn’t be the same!!!

Not without our beloved UNSC Falcon! ;~;

I can’t really think of a map I’d really like to see brought forward from Reach. Highlands and Tempest would be really good BTB maps, I think. Boneyard and Breakpoint could be adaptable to Warzone (specifically for Assault). For 4v4, Boardwalk and The Cage could have some interesting adaptation now that they’re not ruined by jetpacks (ground pound would be a very interesting dynamic there).

> 2533274939018653;10:
> > 2535406272231884;8:
> > > 2533274919871163;6:
> > > SPIRE
> >
> >
> > Looks like someone knows what he’s talking about.
>
>
> But it wouldn’t be the same!!!
>
> Not without our beloved UNSC Falcon! ;~;

I know :frowning: maybe somebody has an awesome prefab out their that can be used!

> 2533274919871163;6:
> SPIRE

only map i actually liked
invasion was all i played in reach, only thing fun.

coughsomethingaboutafalconcough

Spire… Or Breakpoint, if it would be a 8v8 Map
Tempest, if 6v6
Every Anniversary Map Pack Map for 4v4 (The Small Ones of Course)

…but my overall Vote goes for “Spire”.

Edit.: Ouh, I totally forgot the “why” Part:
Spire -> One of my Favorite Maps of all Time. Especially, since it was an Invasion Map, too. I loved the Dirty & Dust Setting of this Map It got plenty of Cover & the Spire would make an Option for insane Ground Pound Moments. If u think further & would “mirror” the bottom Part of the Map/Extend the Map behind the Spire it could be an awesome Warzone Map.

Breakpoint -> Similar to Spire, it was an Invasion Map too (I played mostly Invasion in Reach). I can’t say much, but I loved the Fights on this Map. U could try to get the Snipe, climb the Mountain and had an Overview of the whole Map, except the Tunnel. U could have fights in the Mountain, u could have fights in the Tunnel and especially Objective Gametypes worked well for that Map with a lot of Options to go, after u grab the Flag.

Tempest -> Especially the Theme & Layout of this Map was good. U had Tunnels “behind” every Base were u could went on Foot & then u got the Middle, which u could control with a Warthog & that was another good Part of the Map, Vehicles weren’t totally useless. Paired with the Power Weapons this was a really good Map.

Anniversary Maps (4v4): Since they are not originally Reach Maps I try to stay short on this Ones → What I loved most was the Nostalgic Feel and the Setting/Atmosphere of this Maps. They were just soo beautiful. I could stare at them for Hours. Even if they got Extra Paths, they still had this Nostalgic Feel & worked just so well with them. I would even Consider them better Maps, than the Original Ones. I mean, somehow DLC Maps get more Love from the Devs, especially from the Aesthetic Side. Just look at High Noon, Battle Creek, Solitary, etc. They were all Different. Not the Same Aesthetics, not the Same Buildings and Blocks, etc. I would even call it the Best Halo Map Pack of All Time, so u can Kind of Understand, that I would give every Map in there my Vote, without going any further… ^^

Ehh, maybe Spire for BTB.

Not sure for Arena. I’d say Zealot, but we already have two similar maps. I think someone already made a forge Ivory Tower remake (Reflection in Reach). Sword Base and Countdown would be good for ground pounding, but would probably play bad. Maybe Powerhouse? It would be good for FFA at least. I don’t remember much from Condemned, but maybe that would go well. Anchor 9 might be neat to remake just for a space map.

Spire. Imagine Warzone on it…

The map that we played Invasion on and the one that everyone went for the scorpion tank.

I want Spire as a Warzone map. If we can’t get that, I would want either Powerhouse, Tempest, or Highlands.

> 2535406272231884;12:
> > 2533274939018653;10:
> > > 2535406272231884;8:
> > > > 2533274919871163;6:
> > > > SPIRE
> > >
> > >
> > > Looks like someone knows what he’s talking about.
> >
> >
> > But it wouldn’t be the same!!!
> >
> > Not without our beloved UNSC Falcon! ;~;
>
>
> I know :frowning: maybe somebody has an awesome prefab out their that can be used!

I was searching through prefabs recently and someone has made a Falcon.

> 2533274800772611;18:
> I want Spire as a Warzone map. If we can’t get that, I would want either Powerhouse, Tempest, or Highlands.

I do think that Anchor 9 and Powerhouse would make good maps, especially with Spartan abilities.