What halo 5's customization could've been.

This is the potential for what halo 5’s customization could’ve extended to. What do you guys think?

It’s important that those of us who are obsessed with creating their ideal Spartan try to help this thread gain traction to encourage 343 that this is what we want for halo 6. Under suit color customization and being able to choose your shoulder, arm and leg pieces separately? Count me in.

I don’t have a personal interest in this, especially if they continue the process of unlocking armor through REQ packs.

On the other hand, I know many community members do want further detailed customization options so I hope you get what you want, OP.

I miss the days when everybody had the same thing and the game(any game) simply be fun to play was the most important thing about a game.

> 2533274825101441;4:
> I miss the days when everybody had the same thing and the game(any game) simply be fun to play was the most important thing about a game.

I’m not saying at all that customization trumps game play. But if this was how the original build was supposed to be, then what good does it do to dumb down the system against those who are so self aware of how they look in game? Give those players an ability to express themselves instead of breaking down customization to the bare minimum, especially when players can choose to ignore the deep options.

> 2533274803493024;3:
> I don’t have a personal interest in this, especially if they continue the process of unlocking armor through REQ packs.
>
> On the other hand, I know many community members do want further detailed customization options so I hope you get what you want, OP.

Thank you.

> 2533274968707582;5:
> > 2533274825101441;4:
> > I miss the days when everybody had the same thing and the game(any game) simply be fun to play was the most important thing about a game.
>
>
> I’m not saying at all that customization trumps game play. But if this was how the original build was supposed to be, then what good does it do to dumb down the system against those who are so self aware of how they look in game? Give those players an ability to express themselves instead of breaking down customization to the bare minimum, especially when players can choose to ignore the deep options.

I’m not hating. I just think that too many players (not necessarily you) seem all concerned with how they look and gameplay Is an after thought. I sometimes think they somebody could make a game that is nothing but customizing a character with no campaign, no MP, no nothing other than looking and changing your character and it would make millions of dollars. For better or worse, for a game to be well received it must have lots of customization. Hopefully that sinks in for 343 for the next game.

> 2533274825101441;4:
> I miss the days when everybody had the same thing and the game(any game) simply be fun to play was the most important thing about a game.

You know, I do too sometimes.

The only thing is, it’s nice to personalize my character. Video games that do that well tend to be a little more popular among people.

I’m not surprised.

But were those black undersuits?

I would love for this to be part of an update. If this was how the armor was I would probably spend way too much time changing my pieces just like I did in Reach.

If it’s not part of an update then please, please have it for Halo 6. The armor in Halo 5 is way too stale, and a great example of more actually being less.

> 2533274825101441;7:
> > 2533274968707582;5:
> > > 2533274825101441;4:
> > > I miss the days when everybody had the same thing and the game(any game) simply be fun to play was the most important thing about a game.
> >
> >
> > I’m not saying at all that customization trumps game play. But if this was how the original build was supposed to be, then what good does it do to dumb down the system against those who are so self aware of how they look in game? Give those players an ability to express themselves instead of breaking down customization to the bare minimum, especially when players can choose to ignore the deep options.
>
>
> I’m not hating. I just think that too many players (not necessarily you) seem all concerned with how they look and gameplay Is an after thought. I sometimes think they somebody could make a game that is nothing but customizing a character with no campaign, no MP, no nothing other than looking and changing your character and it would make millions of dollars. For better or worse, for a game to be well received it not must have lots of customization. Hopefully that sinks in for 343 for the next game.

Or it was a feature we had in other games and 343 decided that we didn’t want it much like splitscreen or playable elites.

343 won’t let us have full customization.

Why?

> 2533274889769850;12:
> 343 won’t let us have full customization.
>
> Why?

There are a lot of things we could’ve had if 343 used common sense. Why they fail in these areas is beyond me.

> 2533274970658419;9:
> I’m not surprised.
>
> But were those black undersuits?

I believe so. You had the option to customize their color too, the best of both worlds.

I’d love to see this in an update

We all do know that the Req system is most likely the reason why this doesn’t exist, right? I would bloody love for full customization to be patched into the already fat pig, that is Halo 5. However, the chances of 343 doing something like that at this point, is kind of slim.

> 2535414567736370;16:
> We all do know that the Req system is most likely the reason why this doesn’t exist, right? I would bloody love for full customization to be patched into the already fat pig, that is Halo 5. However, the chances of 343 doing something like that at this point, is kind of slim.

All 343 would need to do to implement each armor piece is to allow players to instantly access the chest, shoulder, forearm, and leg pieces whenever they unlock the armor. You don’t need separate reqs for those areas, especially when that’d highlight the ever cluttered REQ system.