What Halo 5 Needs To Add And Fix. (Vetoes List)

Note: This Is Vetoes List I Am Just Sharing It ON Way-point To Get The List Around And See People Opinions. I Do Not Take Credit For This List But I Do Agree With It!

Vetoes YT - http://YouTube.com/vetoed

Vetoes Twitter - https://twitter.com/Vetoed

List Below

Halo 5 - PRIORITIZED LIST OF NEEDED FIXES & UPDATES
AUTHOR: Vetoed

This is for the most part dedicated to 343, but will be accessible for all to read. I don’t claim to have universal knowledge of all the needs and desires of the various sub-communities within the greater one that Halo is, but I do believe I have enough first-hand experience with Halo to assure that this list will reflect a lot of what most people would like to see changed in order to make the game more fun, rewarding, competitive (without visiting individual map balance) and reduce frustration to a minimum.

On that note, we’re about to hit 3 months without an game update. I want to point out that it is far too long of a wait for fixes to game-breaking issues and it makes us feel like no one is listening to us. In modern gaming, updates are expected around once a month. Please keep that in mind for the future and roll out updates even if there isn’t a new map or new REQs within them!

THE LIST IS MORE OR LESS ORDERED BY IMPORTANCE AND URGENCY

• Fix bookmark bug – page 1 results show on all pages, limiting bookmarks to 12 items
  • Fix scoreboard lag bug – for some users, bringing up the scoreboard creates immense lag for no real reason
  • Fix melee hit detection bug – being worked on
  • Fix rapid fire exploit (most semi auto weapons, AR) – somehow, the game allows for people to fire multiple shots in a single frame using external/modded hardware
  • Fix increased server lag across the board – seems to be due to restrictive matchmaking algorithms combined with lower population than at launch (?); focus on skill too great
  • Fix “left fireteam” glitch – or at least attempt to reconnect people to their previous session
  • Fix low usage framerate issues on Forge maps – maps that shouldn’t lag, lag a lot now
  • Revisit sandbox balance: Automatic weapons (AR, storm rifle, SMG) need a slight base damage nerf. On top of that, human automatics should not have precision damage multipliers. Storm rifle should overheat and burn through ammo faster. Plasma caster is now overpowered (single bolts do too much damage and have a giant radius), Scattershot has terrible hit detection, Fuel rod has too much default ammo in it, SPNKr does far too little damage for how slow the rockets travel (either buff damage or splash damage radius), and Splinter grenades do too much damage and/or detonate too fast
  • Use Pro feedback more regarding HCS settings – No one thinks Fuel Rod on Truth or SAW on Empire is balanced. Nor Stasis CTF. That’s just a few specific things on a much longer list. Please, listen to people who understand the game and practice it DAILY at the highest level for multiple hours
  • Widen skill-based matchmaking restrictions – it will decrease search times, allow people in low population regions to get matches, provide people with more fitting servers for them (decreasing perceived lag), will demotivate smurfing and might spread the population pool enough to implement hard fireteam size matchmaking. The skill gap between divisions isn’t as big as people think
  • Allow for 4v4 modes to start matches in 3v3 to reduce search times
  • Fix the rate at which randoms match premade teams – It’s impossible to solo queue right now as about 80% of high solo games are against premade teams. Lower the focus on skill if needed, just balance teams EQUALLY in terms of overall skill spread (E.G. if we have low Champion level Matchmaking and Diamond ranks have to be thrown in the mix, make sure both teams have a fair repartition of skill levels so it remains balanced). As much as possible teams of 3+ should match other teams of 3+, and 2s/solo should match each other
  • Allow for OPT-IN (selected before searching) join-in-progress where losing won’t impact the newcomer’s CSR in a negative manner, but winning will increase their CSR – This will result in faster games, and will reduce the negative impact of server issues and quitters. People who don’t want this can opt out of it
  • Implement map vetoes in Matchmaking (and NOT voting so people don’t keep picking their favorites and limit how varied the map selection ends up being in Matchmaking). BONUS: Track veto rates to know which maps need to be worked on
  • Implement more forge maps in Matchmaking. Create contests to motivate forgers to deliver good products if needed – Halo 5 Forge is too powerful to keep wasting its potential
  • Create better incentives to grind – just leveling up takes too long and REQ unlocks aren’t numerous enough to keep up; start implementing more unique unlocks (ARMOR AND WEAPON SKINS) through achievements and commendations rather than just emblems and a single set of armor that requires such immense grinding that it motivates farming (I.E.: Achilles)
  • Add Ranked 4v4 Team Snipers on Arena maps
  • Add Extraction, Oddball, King of the Hill, Juggernaut, One Flag/Bomb and Race back
  • Add actual “Social” where the game matches people based on decent connection and NOTHING else (no hidden MMR)
  • Create more varied featured modes, such as Classic (no abilities on map remakes such as “Evolved” settings), Team Objective (including Strongholds), Rocket Race, 8-man Endurance FFA (no power weapons), various modes using Warzone weapons, etc.
  • Re-implement Halo 3’s EXP/PROGRESSION per PLAYLIST – It’s simple, straightforward and gives people a long-term goal different than CSR (it HAS to be carried over between seasons in order to work), rewards people for EVERY single win, making even social fun and motivating to win in. It makes each gaming session feel rewarding, which is good for population retention. BONUS: It demotivates smurfing. NOTE: It would be an addition to CSR, not a replacement
  • Add incremental aim acceleration values (1.5, 2.5, 3.5…) – as of now, it’s limited to aiming sensitivities
  • Add different aim acceleration curves options
  • Add individual armor piece customization (helmet, chest, arms, shoulders, legs, instead of just helmet and armor). This has been done through mods, so I would assume it isn’t too much work for a team of devs with better tools. It’s a small thing, but aesthetics are important for optimal performance.
  • Add Team Liquid and Str8 Rippin team skins – would make sense before next HCS season

Thanks for reading. Here’s to saving Halo 5,

• Vetoed

Please add what else you think needs to be in the game and what else needs fixed. Please share this post and thanks for reading.

Although I agree with a huge majority of your list we need to be honest here. Adding/fixing everything on this list won’t save Halo 5. If all of these were added in a year ago it would have saved Halo 5. But Halo 5’s population is very nearly dead and the pletorah of other releases coming out this year and next year certainly won’t help. However I would still love for most of these features to be added in but it’s 343’s stubborn attitude and pure incompetence that will never see these requests get added into the game (I’m sure the average 343 employee does a great job but it’s the people on top who make all of the terrible decisions). Still great list though​:+1::+1::+1:

> 2533275000870778;2:
> Although I agree with a huge majority of your list we need to be honest here. Adding/fixing everything on this list won’t save Halo 5. If all of these were added in a year ago it would have saved Halo 5. But Halo 5’s population is very nearly dead and the pletorah of other releases coming out this year and next year certainly won’t help. However I would still love for most of these features to be added in but it’s 343’s stubborn attitude and pure incompetence that will never see these requests get added into the game (I’m sure the average 343 employee does a great job but it’s the people on top who make all of the terrible decisions). Still great list though​:+1::+1::+1:

I agree that the average dev at 343 is great but the top people at 343 suck at decision making. I still think these still need to be added tho.

Also this is not my list read top part again and thanks for reading.

I agree with virtually all of this

> - Add Extraction, Oddball, King of the Hill, Juggernaut, One Flag/Bomb and Race back- Add Extraction, Oddball, King of the Hill, Juggernaut, One Flag/Bomb and Race back

Still waiting…

> 2533274842547402;5:
> > - Add Extraction, Oddball, King of the Hill, Juggernaut, One Flag/Bomb and Race back- Add Extraction, Oddball, King of the Hill, Juggernaut, One Flag/Bomb and Race back
>
> Still waiting…

I Know Right. Like How Hard Is It?

Change the radar back to 25m…

Oh and add in Team Snipers as a permanant playlist!

I agree with most of these.

> 2533274922666376;7:
> Change the radar back to 25m…
>
> Oh and add in Team Snipers as a permanant playlist!

Well the game had already been designed so that would break map flow and gameplay.

I completely agree with Vetoed’s list. I recognize you from some Halo 5 Customs we’ve played together before! Guess I can add you to my list in my Bio lol.

> 2535456135689410;1:
> Note: This Is Vetoes List I Am Just Sharing It ON Way-point To Get The List Around And See People Opinions. I Do Not Take Credit For This List But I Do Agree With It!
>
> Vetoes YT - http://YouTube.com/vetoed
>
> Vetoes Twitter - https://twitter.com/Vetoed
>
> List Below
> _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
>
> Halo 5 - PRIORITIZED LIST OF NEEDED FIXES & UPDATES
> AUTHOR: Vetoed
>
> This is for the most part dedicated to 343, but will be accessible for all to read. I don’t claim to have universal knowledge of all the needs and desires of the various sub-communities within the greater one that Halo is, but I do believe I have enough first-hand experience with Halo to assure that this list will reflect a lot of what most people would like to see changed in order to make the game more fun, rewarding, competitive (without visiting individual map balance) and reduce frustration to a minimum.
>
> On that note, we’re about to hit 3 months without an game update. I want to point out that it is far too long of a wait for fixes to game-breaking issues and it makes us feel like no one is listening to us. In modern gaming, updates are expected around once a month. Please keep that in mind for the future and roll out updates even if there isn’t a new map or new REQs within them!
>
> THE LIST IS MORE OR LESS ORDERED BY IMPORTANCE AND URGENCY
>
> - Fix bookmark bug – page 1 results show on all pages, limiting bookmarks to 12 items
> - Fix scoreboard lag bug – for some users, bringing up the scoreboard creates immense lag for no real reason
> - Fix melee hit detection bug – being worked on
> - Fix rapid fire exploit (most semi auto weapons, AR) – somehow, the game allows for people to fire multiple shots in a single frame using external/modded hardware
> - Fix increased server lag across the board – seems to be due to restrictive matchmaking algorithms combined with lower population than at launch (?); focus on skill too great
> - Fix “left fireteam” glitch – or at least attempt to reconnect people to their previous session
> - Fix low usage framerate issues on Forge maps – maps that shouldn’t lag, lag a lot now
> - Revisit sandbox balance: Automatic weapons (AR, storm rifle, SMG) need a slight base damage nerf. On top of that, human automatics should not have precision damage multipliers. Storm rifle should overheat and burn through ammo faster. Plasma caster is now overpowered (single bolts do too much damage and have a giant radius), Scattershot has terrible hit detection, Fuel rod has too much default ammo in it, SPNKr does far too little damage for how slow the rockets travel (either buff damage or splash damage radius), and Splinter grenades do too much damage and/or detonate too fast
> - Use Pro feedback more regarding HCS settings – No one thinks Fuel Rod on Truth or SAW on Empire is balanced. Nor Stasis CTF. That’s just a few specific things on a much longer list. Please, listen to people who understand the game and practice it DAILY at the highest level for multiple hours
> - Widen skill-based matchmaking restrictions – it will decrease search times, allow people in low population regions to get matches, provide people with more fitting servers for them (decreasing perceived lag), will demotivate smurfing and might spread the population pool enough to implement hard fireteam size matchmaking. The skill gap between divisions isn’t as big as people think
> - Allow for 4v4 modes to start matches in 3v3 to reduce search times
> - Fix the rate at which randoms match premade teams – It’s impossible to solo queue right now as about 80% of high solo games are against premade teams. Lower the focus on skill if needed, just balance teams EQUALLY in terms of overall skill spread (E.G. if we have low Champion level Matchmaking and Diamond ranks have to be thrown in the mix, make sure both teams have a fair repartition of skill levels so it remains balanced). As much as possible teams of 3+ should match other teams of 3+, and 2s/solo should match each other
> - Allow for OPT-IN (selected before searching) join-in-progress where losing won’t impact the newcomer’s CSR in a negative manner, but winning will increase their CSR – This will result in faster games, and will reduce the negative impact of server issues and quitters. People who don’t want this can opt out of it
> - Implement map vetoes in Matchmaking (and NOT voting so people don’t keep picking their favorites and limit how varied the map selection ends up being in Matchmaking). BONUS: Track veto rates to know which maps need to be worked on
> - Implement more forge maps in Matchmaking. Create contests to motivate forgers to deliver good products if needed – Halo 5 Forge is too powerful to keep wasting its potential
> - Create better incentives to grind – just leveling up takes too long and REQ unlocks aren’t numerous enough to keep up; start implementing more unique unlocks (ARMOR AND WEAPON SKINS) through achievements and commendations rather than just emblems and a single set of armor that requires such immense grinding that it motivates farming (I.E.: Achilles)
> - Add Ranked 4v4 Team Snipers on Arena maps
> - Add Extraction, Oddball, King of the Hill, Juggernaut, One Flag/Bomb and Race back
> - Add actual “Social” where the game matches people based on decent connection and NOTHING else (no hidden MMR)
> - Create more varied featured modes, such as Classic (no abilities on map remakes such as “Evolved” settings), Team Objective (including Strongholds), Rocket Race, 8-man Endurance FFA (no power weapons), various modes using Warzone weapons, etc.
> - Re-implement Halo 3’s EXP/PROGRESSION per PLAYLIST – It’s simple, straightforward and gives people a long-term goal different than CSR (it HAS to be carried over between seasons in order to work), rewards people for EVERY single win, making even social fun and motivating to win in. It makes each gaming session feel rewarding, which is good for population retention. BONUS: It demotivates smurfing. NOTE: It would be an addition to CSR, not a replacement
> - Add incremental aim acceleration values (1.5, 2.5, 3.5…) – as of now, it’s limited to aiming sensitivities
> - Add different aim acceleration curves options
> - Add individual armor piece customization (helmet, chest, arms, shoulders, legs, instead of just helmet and armor). This has been done through mods, so I would assume it isn’t too much work for a team of devs with better tools. It’s a small thing, but aesthetics are important for optimal performance.
> - Add Team Liquid and Str8 Rippin team skins – would make sense before next HCS season
>
> Thanks for reading. Here’s to saving Halo 5,
> - Vetoed
>
> _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
>
> Please add what else you think needs to be in the game and what else needs fixed. Please share this post and thanks for reading.

You do realize H5’s Fuel Rod not only has the LEAST amount of default ammo (10) than any other Halo title to date right? Not to mention H5 FRG’s don’t bounce, unlike Reach where you had a total of 20 shots and it did bounce.

> 2535434457651384;11:
> > 2535456135689410;1:
> > Note: This Is Vetoes List I Am Just Sharing It ON Way-point To Get The List Around And See People Opinions. I Do Not Take Credit For This List But I Do Agree With It!
> >
> > Vetoes YT - http://YouTube.com/vetoed
> >
> > Vetoes Twitter - https://twitter.com/Vetoed
> >
> > List Below
> > _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
> >
> > Halo 5 - PRIORITIZED LIST OF NEEDED FIXES & UPDATES
> > AUTHOR: Vetoed
> >
> > This is for the most part dedicated to 343, but will be accessible for all to read. I don’t claim to have universal knowledge of all the needs and desires of the various sub-communities within the greater one that Halo is, but I do believe I have enough first-hand experience with Halo to assure that this list will reflect a lot of what most people would like to see changed in order to make the game more fun, rewarding, competitive (without visiting individual map balance) and reduce frustration to a minimum.
> >
> > On that note, we’re about to hit 3 months without an game update. I want to point out that it is far too long of a wait for fixes to game-breaking issues and it makes us feel like no one is listening to us. In modern gaming, updates are expected around once a month. Please keep that in mind for the future and roll out updates even if there isn’t a new map or new REQs within them!
> >
> > THE LIST IS MORE OR LESS ORDERED BY IMPORTANCE AND URGENCY
> >
> > - Fix bookmark bug – page 1 results show on all pages, limiting bookmarks to 12 items
> > - Fix scoreboard lag bug – for some users, bringing up the scoreboard creates immense lag for no real reason
> > - Fix melee hit detection bug – being worked on
> > - Fix rapid fire exploit (most semi auto weapons, AR) – somehow, the game allows for people to fire multiple shots in a single frame using external/modded hardware
> > - Fix increased server lag across the board – seems to be due to restrictive matchmaking algorithms combined with lower population than at launch (?); focus on skill too great
> > - Fix “left fireteam” glitch – or at least attempt to reconnect people to their previous session
> > - Fix low usage framerate issues on Forge maps – maps that shouldn’t lag, lag a lot now
> > - Revisit sandbox balance: Automatic weapons (AR, storm rifle, SMG) need a slight base damage nerf. On top of that, human automatics should not have precision damage multipliers. Storm rifle should overheat and burn through ammo faster. Plasma caster is now overpowered (single bolts do too much damage and have a giant radius), Scattershot has terrible hit detection, Fuel rod has too much default ammo in it, SPNKr does far too little damage for how slow the rockets travel (either buff damage or splash damage radius), and Splinter grenades do too much damage and/or detonate too fast
> > - Use Pro feedback more regarding HCS settings – No one thinks Fuel Rod on Truth or SAW on Empire is balanced. Nor Stasis CTF. That’s just a few specific things on a much longer list. Please, listen to people who understand the game and practice it DAILY at the highest level for multiple hours
> > - Widen skill-based matchmaking restrictions – it will decrease search times, allow people in low population regions to get matches, provide people with more fitting servers for them (decreasing perceived lag), will demotivate smurfing and might spread the population pool enough to implement hard fireteam size matchmaking. The skill gap between divisions isn’t as big as people think
> > - Allow for 4v4 modes to start matches in 3v3 to reduce search times
> > - Fix the rate at which randoms match premade teams – It’s impossible to solo queue right now as about 80% of high solo games are against premade teams. Lower the focus on skill if needed, just balance teams EQUALLY in terms of overall skill spread (E.G. if we have low Champion level Matchmaking and Diamond ranks have to be thrown in the mix, make sure both teams have a fair repartition of skill levels so it remains balanced). As much as possible teams of 3+ should match other teams of 3+, and 2s/solo should match each other
> > - Allow for OPT-IN (selected before searching) join-in-progress where losing won’t impact the newcomer’s CSR in a negative manner, but winning will increase their CSR – This will result in faster games, and will reduce the negative impact of server issues and quitters. People who don’t want this can opt out of it
> > - Implement map vetoes in Matchmaking (and NOT voting so people don’t keep picking their favorites and limit how varied the map selection ends up being in Matchmaking). BONUS: Track veto rates to know which maps need to be worked on
> > - Implement more forge maps in Matchmaking. Create contests to motivate forgers to deliver good products if needed – Halo 5 Forge is too powerful to keep wasting its potential
> > - Create better incentives to grind – just leveling up takes too long and REQ unlocks aren’t numerous enough to keep up; start implementing more unique unlocks (ARMOR AND WEAPON SKINS) through achievements and commendations rather than just emblems and a single set of armor that requires such immense grinding that it motivates farming (I.E.: Achilles)
> > - Add Ranked 4v4 Team Snipers on Arena maps
> > - Add Extraction, Oddball, King of the Hill, Juggernaut, One Flag/Bomb and Race back
> > - Add actual “Social” where the game matches people based on decent connection and NOTHING else (no hidden MMR)
> > - Create more varied featured modes, such as Classic (no abilities on map remakes such as “Evolved” settings), Team Objective (including Strongholds), Rocket Race, 8-man Endurance FFA (no power weapons), various modes using Warzone weapons, etc.
> > - Re-implement Halo 3’s EXP/PROGRESSION per PLAYLIST – It’s simple, straightforward and gives people a long-term goal different than CSR (it HAS to be carried over between seasons in order to work), rewards people for EVERY single win, making even social fun and motivating to win in. It makes each gaming session feel rewarding, which is good for population retention. BONUS: It demotivates smurfing. NOTE: It would be an addition to CSR, not a replacement
> > - Add incremental aim acceleration values (1.5, 2.5, 3.5…) – as of now, it’s limited to aiming sensitivities
> > - Add different aim acceleration curves options
> > - Add individual armor piece customization (helmet, chest, arms, shoulders, legs, instead of just helmet and armor). This has been done through mods, so I would assume it isn’t too much work for a team of devs with better tools. It’s a small thing, but aesthetics are important for optimal performance.
> > - Add Team Liquid and Str8 Rippin team skins – would make sense before next HCS season
> >
> > Thanks for reading. Here’s to saving Halo 5,
> > - Vetoed
> >
> > _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
> >
> > Please add what else you think needs to be in the game and what else needs fixed. Please share this post and thanks for reading.
>
> You do realize H5’s Fuel Rod not only has the LEAST amount of default ammo (10) than any other Halo title to date right? Not to mention H5 FRG’s don’t bounce, unlike Reach where you had a total of 20 shots and it did bounce.

It’s not my list, like I said before.