What Halo 5 Must Have (What Halo 4 Lacks)

First off, I’d like to say that I’m loving the direction 343’s taking Halo, but there are a few things that 343 could change in Halo 4 (must fix for Halo 5). There is a huge lack of offline content in Halo 4. I get bored pretty fast assassinating myself with another controller in custom games. I find myself going back to Reach just for the awesome Firefight. The leveling system in Halo 4 was a cool alternative to the UNSC ranks, (i.e. Major, Brigadier, Warrant Officer), but too many players found themselves done with the ranks of Halo 4 far too quickly. Plus, I loved seeing my little Warrant Officer Medallion in the corner of my card. Fourth, the position players are forced into when joining a losing game when jerks leave is completely unfair.
Hopefully you’ll give me some opinions too. Discuss!

Everything they left out of Halo 4, needs to come back. It’s as simple as that.

We need proper Customs, Forge and Theater would benefit from a few tweaks too. I’m about to beat a long since dead horse once again, but Ranked and Social wouldn’t hurt either…

Ehh, personally, I really like H4’s customs but playlists and matchmaking as a whole needs to return, not just “Here, let’s put you in a game where you’re losing, and the other team has powerweapons.”

They need to forgo ALL of the forge template issues and just have a legitimate terrain editor for map-making.

You learn from mistakes don’t you? 343i will do the same. Halo 5 is gonna be better than 4 and Halo 6 its gonna be better than 5. everytime a better Halo :wink:

i know is not normal for FPS today
but i really wanna have some boss fights in the campaing (at least 2 or 1)

and of course some Halo old stuff back in their place
(things from Halo 3 more than nothing with no changes)

even the FFA now with the loadouts sucks, its not the same, it’s not about survive anymore it about getting ordenances and rape everyone very easy

The one thing they need to change about the Theatre is the inability to have other people in it with you.

You could watch stuff together in 3.

I also find the fact that you can’t play Spartan Ops offline completely stupid.
Ranking up shouldn’t have required an online account.

I think what I’ll say has been said already, but my wish list;

• better 4v4 maps on disc
  • better social & ranked playlists at launch (classic 4v4, objective, FFA, living dead, SWAT, multi-team, Team Snipers, BTB, infinity slayer, etc)
  • what I want to say about forge has been said in many other threads.
  • Bring back firefight & and include forge-able firefight maps. With how creative the community is, completely custom firefight could create some amazing games.
  • Bring back invasion
  • better game customization
  • If Halo 5 continues with a progression system, I wish there could be wearable commendations (limit to 3 or so), Also bring back armor effects (ie flaming helmet) and character voices for firefight or MP. I miss hearing Sargent Johnson’s one liners.
  • I ain’t a fan of the custom load-outs unless it’s Spartan Ops or certain objective games, so I can’t say I want it back.
  • easier/cleaner menu navatigation and less clutter on MP lobby screens. I would be happy with Reach’s set-up.

My final note would be if AA’s come-back for Halo 5, they should be on the map as pick-ups similar to Halo 3’s equipment.

> I think what I’ll say has been said already, but my wish list;
>
> - better 4v4 maps on disc
> - better social & ranked playlists at launch (classic 4v4, objective, FFA, living dead, SWAT, multi-team, Team Snipers, BTB, infinity slayer, etc)
> - what I want to say about forge has been said in many other threads.
> - Bring back firefight & and include forge-able firefight maps. With how creative the community is, completely custom firefight could create some amazing games.
> - Bring back invasion
> - better game customization
> - If Halo 5 continues with a progression system, I wish there could be wearable commendations (limit to 3 or so), Also bring back armor effects (ie flaming helmet) and character voices for firefight or MP. I miss hearing Sargent Johnson’s one liners.
> - I ain’t a fan of the custom load-outs unless it’s Spartan Ops or certain objective games, so I can’t say I want it back.
> - easier/cleaner menu navatigation and less clutter on MP lobby screens. I would be happy with Reach’s set-up.
>
>
> My final note would be if AA’s come-back for Halo 5, they should be on the map as pick-ups similar to Halo 3’s equipment.

AA’s for future games would work better in the were seperated into classes.

Basic AA’s for Loadouts
Specialized ones for Ordinance/Pick ups.

Like if I was to do it in this game, basics would be Hardlight, Thruster, Regeneration

The rest would be Specialized.

> AA’s for future games would work better in the were seperated into classes.
>
> Basic AA’s for Loadouts
> Specialized ones for Ordinance/Pick ups.
>
> Like if I was to do it in this game, basics would be Hardlight, Thruster, Regeneration
>
> The rest would be Specialized.

Not a bad idea either.

I should have said sprint should go back to being an AA also, which would be a nice basic one

Some things I want to see.

1. A better UI that is similar to Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo Reach. All I really want is to see my party and friends list on the right side like I used to be able to. As well as getting rid of being forced to see players Spartan cards in the lobbies. I would like to see the Spartan cards when games are starting up, I like that part of the current UI. Nice big picture of what all the Spartans look like. Nice to be able to see what everyone else looks like.

2. Return of a few gametypes people seem to really like. First would be Assault, I have no clue why they removed Assault. Second would be Race, why did you remove Race?! Rocket Race is the yoink! Can’t remake it in Halo 4! Infection, yeah they made Flood, but Flood is less customizable and ruined so many gametypes I played in previous Halo games. Just through that skin onto the Infection gametype, and let me change armor colors! Had a really fun gametype, can’t remake it in Halo 4! The last one I miss would be Juggernaut! So fun to mess with settings in Juggernaut to make a cool gametype. Made an awesome gametype in Juggernaut, couldn’t remake it in Halo 4. Territories maybe, but I feel like Dominion is the successor of that.

3. Don’t make me unlock emblems, I’m fine with unlocking armor, but not the emblems! And give me Display back yoinkit!

P.S. Fix Forge and don’t add Firefight back, make Spartan Ops even better! Also let me record and take pictures from Campaign and Spartan Ops games.

TL:DR
1) Return of the older UI.
2) Return of Assault, Race, and Juggernaut and lastly make Flood more like infection.
3) Don’t make me unlock emblems!
P.S. Fix Forge. Don’t add Firefight back, make Spartan Ops even better! Also let me record and take pictures in Campaign and Spartan Ops.

Actually I wouldn’t mind having Firefight and Spartan Ops both.

And if they have to make this game a Two-Disker, I’m ok with that.

> Actually I wouldn’t mind having Firefight and Spartan Ops both.
>
> And if they have to make this game a Two-Disker, I’m ok with that.

I’d rather have them focus on the Campaign and Multiplayer more. Then put their time into Spartan Ops. Adding in Firefight will take time away from the Campaign, Multiplayer and Spartan Ops.

I would love to see Theatre for Campaign and SpOps. Other than that, I’m pretty happy with what we’ve got now, although I’d squeal like a schoolgirl at a One Direction gig if they brought back Invasion.

> > Actually I wouldn’t mind having Firefight and Spartan Ops both.
> >
> > And if they have to make this game a Two-Disker, I’m ok with that.
>
> I’d rather have them focus on the Campaign and Multiplayer more. Then put their time into Spartan Ops. Adding in Firefight will take time away from the Campaign, Multiplayer and Spartan Ops.

“Adding Firefight” doesn’t have to take away from the others - all they have to do is add some of the Player Customization options that was in Firefight to Spartan Ops. It would be easy and quick (since it’s stuff that was in the engine already and 343i removed), and wouldn’t really take time away from more SpOps and Campaign Dev.

i.e. there wouldn’t be seperate “Firefight” and “Spartan Ops” menu options, there would just be Spartan Ops as it is currently, set up as default however 343i wants it. There would just be an additional sub-menu option on the Spartan Ops menu where you choose the map and difficulty that would also let you enable/disable the following items: limited life pool (and size), medals, point scoring, skulls, and randomization of spawns.

And sure it would take a bit of time for a dev to put it back in and have it tested, but considering those are all things that were already in the engine they are using, and heavily tested for Reach, putting them “back in” shouldn’t take nearly the time or the resources that developing such things from scratch would be.

-Regional matchmaking filter.
-Proper FFA , none of this Regicide stuff.

Those two features alone would be a major improvement imo.

Theater mode is a must for Campaign and Spartan Ops and/or Firefight (I hope!)

And you should be able to play Spartan Ops or Firefight off-line. I was not happy when I was gong to play Spartan Ops with my kids off-line only to find that I couldn’t. Which is dumb. And what about all the people who don’t have internet access?

all i want at this point is a WORKING vehicle combat system

i don’t want 343i to spoonfeed little kids free kills just because they don’t know how to find a power wepon

Please use this thread for H5 discussion and suggestions. Thanks.