What Halo 5 did Wrong

When ever I watch a cinimatic trailer to Halo Wars 2 It always makes me think of how good Halo could be. Halo 5’s story is a mess and I think everyone can agree with that. In a well written story one of the main cheractors doesn’t die, come back to life and turn evil all in the matter of 2 days. And second off the writting for each character is so bad dont even get me started with that.

Now on to Halo 5’s multiplayer. Imo this is really fun but has big issues and not because of the movements but more because of the lack of effort shown by the devs. Its clear that while playing this game there is no heart or meaning put into any of the maps. They all look the same and have no creative or fun design what so ever. There are way to many simetrical maps I don’t see anything to make one map in the arena interesting at all. For some reason people have gone under the impresion that simetrical is more competitve. But CSGO and the old halo’s had competive maps that wern’t simetrical. It sould be 50% semetrical maps. Also the maps are mot interesting for example each of the older Halo’s had cool -Yoink- like a turbine here, a elevator over there, and a -Yoinking!- bunker on that side of the map. Not in Halo 5 the most variations your gonna get is Snowy UNSC map, Beat up covenent map, and under water UNSC map. Not to mention the stupid remixes. Lets look at a game like Battlefield 1 there are 9 hudge maps where each flag has a -Yoink- ton of character and are completly different in looks and gameplay. Imagine if in every BTB map in Halo 3 had the same two -Yoinking!- home bases in every map. That would suck mager -Yoink- and thats what Warzone is today.

Lets move on to movement
Halo needs not be more creative with the new -Yoink- they add into there games and we are not helping one bit. Overwatch and Doom are fast games and both do not have sprint. Well I think Halo could just have a fast player base speed like those games but no sprint (maybe not as fast as those games.). 343 could also come up with there own ideas and not just steal -Yoink- like clamber, sprint and ads from other games. Look at a successful game like halo 3. Halo 3 added equipment like bubblesheilds, health regens, and power drains. Now lets look at unsuccessful game like Halo 4 that took Killcams, Sprint, and Killstreaks from cod.

What I want to see from the next Halo game is a game with a fun fast base player speed, I want to see a pick up like oversheild and jetpack. We could have a epic gravlift equipment like in Halo 3. The game needs better maps with more flavor more than anything. Also I want 343 to come up with there own ideas and not just taking popular ideas from us or other games. I also want to see a return of the competitive ranking exactly how it was in Halo 2. You can just sit there and call Halo 5 the perfect game or you can say the game has problems just like halo CE, 2, 3, Reach, ECT. I think these changes will fix some big problems like maps and also refresh the game like fast base movement amd eqipment.

Also this game could use a new engine because games with old engines like H5 and COD take up like 100gbs and but BF1 only takes 40gb and Overwatch takes 10gb. Just something I felt was worth mentioning.

Sorry for the click bate title LOL…

Now I fixed it

They took away 12 man fireteams in warzone and claimed that halo should just be casual.

The campaign was too short and didnt feature enough of master chief as a playable character.

Either the story and the marketing didn’t share anything with each other, or there was a massive change in direction before release. Wouldn’t be the first time this happened to a Halo Campaign.

People didn’t like Halo 3’s equipment back then. Either they were just gimmicks (grav lift, deployable cover) or were OP, especially in objective games (bubble shield). Then we go on to Halo Reach where most of those abilities were put into Loadouts.

Just because a game is successful doesn’t mean that every aspect of that game is a good idea.

> 2533274903141535;1:
> I also want to see a return of the competitive ranking exactly how it was in Halo 3.

Halo 3’s ranking was so -Yoink!- that it was easier for a new account to rise up the rank than someone who’s played hundreds of games. It was abused to the point where people would just sell accounts at rank 50.

The main thing H5 did wrong was not match the build up of the game. They advertised some great hunt but in the game they knew where Master Chief was, where he was going and even why he was going there. Some one at 343 decided it was “best” to wrap up all of Halo 4 events in books/comics and start H5 anew so to speak… It didn’t work at all. The cut scenes left an awesome cliff hanger that could have made an awesome story for H5. While I look forward to seeing what unfolds in Halo Wars 2, I am not a big fan of RTS games so I will more likely go through the campaign for the story and a few achievements and that’s it. Hopefully it brings a good story.

> 2533274833081329;5:
> Either the story and the marketing didn’t share anything with each other, or there was a massive change in direction before release. Wouldn’t be the first time this happened to a Halo Campaign.
>
> People didn’t like Halo 3’s equipment back then. Either they were just gimmicks (grav lift, deployable cover) or were OP, especially in objective games (bubble shield). Then we go on to Halo Reach where most of those abilities were put into Loadouts.
>
> Just because a game is successful doesn’t mean that every aspect of that game is a good idea.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274903141535;1:
> > I also want to see a return of the competitive ranking exactly how it was in Halo 3.
>
> Halo 3’s ranking was so -Yoink!- that it was easier for a new account to rise up the rank than someone who’s played hundreds of games. It was abused to the point where people would just sell accounts at rank 50.

Disagree… H3 ranking was pretty good. Separate ranks and stats between ranked and social. That was cool.

> 2533274816788253;7:
> > 2533274833081329;5:
> > Either the story and the marketing didn’t share anything with each other, or there was a massive change in direction before release. Wouldn’t be the first time this happened to a Halo Campaign.
> >
> > People didn’t like Halo 3’s equipment back then. Either they were just gimmicks (grav lift, deployable cover) or were OP, especially in objective games (bubble shield). Then we go on to Halo Reach where most of those abilities were put into Loadouts.
> >
> > Just because a game is successful doesn’t mean that every aspect of that game is a good idea.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274903141535;1:
> > > I also want to see a return of the competitive ranking exactly how it was in Halo 3.
> >
> > Halo 3’s ranking was so -Yoink!- that it was easier for a new account to rise up the rank than someone who’s played hundreds of games. It was abused to the point where people would just sell accounts at rank 50.
>
> Disagree… H3 ranking was pretty good. Separate ranks and stats between ranked and social. That was cool.

That part wasn’t a problem.

The problem was that ranking up got harder and harder the more games you play, and you effectively had to start winning a large majority of your games to rank up once, then if you lose a game it thinks you suck and deranks you. New accounts don’t have enough previous games to generate “Trueskill”, so they were able to go up to 50 in a heartbeat by just winning games.

That’s why rank 50 accounts were sold, because it was easily abuse-able.

What even makes you think a new engine makes the game take up less data in GB? I can easily name games still using old engines that aren’t near as big as h5 is, you even brought one up with battlefield one, there’s also skyrim, ESO, fallout, CoD. Even the backwards compatibile 360 games take up far less data. 343 just needs to compress their -Yoink-.

thsts all I got as I’ve addressed everything you’ve mentioned in many other threads and I’m pretty much done continuing on that. Much of your wants are pretty subjective as well.

OP

I don’t mind the notion of Cortana becoming this cosmic AI Goddess, its actually pretty cool and I think you can do a lot with that idea in the story. What I hate is how it was done and as you say the hand waving of this sudden change of character. Especially because they had already established that she was going cray cray in Halo 4 and literally just had to say “shes still messed up from Rampancy but now has access to all this power”. Trying to force the narrative to go all greater good with the organics is an incredibly out of character thing for Cortana to do. So come Halo 6 I hope this is all some twist they’re holding out on us that “oh wait, yeah, shes still screwed up from Halo 4” because without something along those lines the story simply doesn’t make any sense.

> 2533274833081329;5:
> Either the story and the marketing didn’t share anything with each other, or there was a massive change in direction before release. Wouldn’t be the first time this happened to a Halo Campaign.
>
> People didn’t like Halo 3’s equipment back then. Either they were just gimmicks (grav lift, deployable cover) or were OP, especially in objective games (bubble shield). Then we go on to Halo Reach where most of those abilities were put into Loadouts.
>
> Just because a game is successful doesn’t mean that every aspect of that game is a good idea.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274903141535;1:
> > I also want to see a return of the competitive ranking exactly how it was in Halo 3.
>
> Halo 3’s ranking was so -Yoink!- that it was easier for a new account to rise up the rank than someone who’s played hundreds of games. It was abused to the point where people would just sell accounts at rank 50.

I ment Halo 2’s ranking system

spartan abilities

> 2533274833081329;5:
> Either the story and the marketing didn’t share anything with each other, or there was a massive change in direction before release. Wouldn’t be the first time this happened to a Halo Campaign.
>
> People didn’t like Halo 3’s equipment back then. Either they were just gimmicks (grav lift, deployable cover) or were OP, especially in objective games (bubble shield). Then we go on to Halo Reach where most of those abilities were put into Loadouts.
>
> Just because a game is successful doesn’t mean that every aspect of that game is a good idea.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274903141535;1:
> > I also want to see a return of the competitive ranking exactly how it was in Halo 3.
>
> Halo 3’s ranking was so -Yoink!- that it was easier for a new account to rise up the rank than someone who’s played hundreds of games. It was abused to the point where people would just sell accounts at rank 50.

I mean they could bring back cool ideas like that and not just movement changes

> 2533274798310573;3:
> They took away 12 man fireteams in warzone and claimed that halo should just be casual.

I’ve seen you post this several times on different forums and you don’t seem to read the replies. 343i lowered the fireteam limit for Warzone temporarily to see if this would decrease farming. It’s not really a big deal, and anyways, it’ll just give you a slightly bigger challenge if you’re used to going in with 11 other people.

Also, 343i never claimed that Halo should be only casual, this is easily disproven based on all the work they’ve done for the competitive side of the Community (HCS, Ranked Playlists, Score Attack for Campaign, etc.)

What Halo5 did wrong… Changing Warzone from 12man Fireteam limit to 6man.

> 2560752109566565;15:
> What Halo5 did wrong… Changing Warzone from 12man Fireteam limit to 6man.

Look at the post above you and you’ll see that this is not one of the things that Halo 5 did wrong, nor is it bad to begin with.

> 2535429585915411;14:
> > 2533274798310573;3:
> > They took away 12 man fireteams in warzone and claimed that halo should just be casual.
>
> I’ve seen you post this several times on different forums and you don’t seem to read the replies. 343i lowered the fireteam limit for Warzone temporarily to see if this would decrease farming. It’s not really a big deal, and anyways, it’ll just give you a slightly bigger challenge if you’re used to going in with 11 other people.
>
> Also, 343i never claimed that Halo should be only casual, this is easily disproven based on all the work they’ve done for the competitive side of the Community (HCS, Ranked Playlists, Score Attack for Campaign, etc.)

From My experience Farming has increase since this limit was put in place… ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Temporarily. HA!!! I laugh at this. Warzone Assault 6man limit was a TEST too. July 1st, 2016.

> 2535429585915411;16:
> > 2560752109566565;15:
> > What Halo5 did wrong… Changing Warzone from 12man Fireteam limit to 6man.
>
> Look at the post above you and you’ll see that this is not one of the things that Halo 5 did wrong, nor is it bad to begin with.

Your opinion VS mine. It’s bad/wrong to me. Just sayin ¯_(ツ)_/¯

> 2533274798310573;3:
> They took away 12 man fireteams in warzone and claimed that halo should just be casual.

They never claimed it that it should be casual.

The change is just a temporary solution.

343 is very devoted to the COMPETITIVE side of Halo, if you haven’t noticed.

Give the Warzone Fire Team limit a rest, it’ll be resolved eventually.

And it time to break the rumor of “halo is stealing sprint ads and clamber from other games” again.

  • That logic would mean that in the first FPS that included sprint or clamber or ADS, or all three, they are stealing from real life. You can sprint and clamber and aim down the sights of your gun in real life, so obviously they are copying it. - Is it so wrong for an advanced super soldier to lift themselves up 2 inches? Really? - ADS, the touchy subject that a lot of people think breaks the game. When you can shoot them. And descope them. And then ADSing is useless. - Sprint is literally just jogging at a faster pace. Like give me 3 reasons of why it is so game changing.