- WHAT GRENADES DO YOU WANT TO SEE -

Ok so we all know that there is 4 grenades that we will be able to get our hands on, heres the proof:

Its not definitive proof but it still leaves room for speculation :slight_smile:

So lets hear it, what do you think these grenades will be?

My thoughts are of course Frag and Plasma, they are confirmed, and maybe incendiary and also some kind of forerunner grenade maybe a gauss grenade or some sort of sound grenade, maybe even a flash bang?!

We already know frags and plasmas are in. the third symbol looked like a diamond shape. No idea what yhe fourth will be…i would like spike grenades, I can live without fire grenades

I really hope they do not include tactical grenades (flashbangs, concussion grenade etc.). I’m confident we will see plasmas as well as frags, perhaps an incendiary grenade (even though i didn’t see much use for it in Halo 3), and a forerunner grenade like you said.

Forerunner weapons are more on the laser side of things, so i don’t really see a forerunner grenade involving projectiles or crude explosives.

Yeah maybe it could be a kind of radar jammer for the last one

Maybe the Spike grenade should be upgraded to be able to stick on walls as a trip mine. Or more effective against vehicles.

EMP grenade? Stuns vehicles?

I miss the Incendiary Grenades, I loved using them in Halo 3.

Frag and plasma grenades will be in Halo 4
I think that the diamond shape simbol is an EMP or a fire grenade
I hope the fourth tipe will be the spike grenade.

> I can live without fire grenades

WHAT!!! but anyways i do hope that the range of grenades will be varied especially if we get to pick our grenades in our loadouts (i loooove grenades) :slight_smile:

Cryo grenade. Freezes the enemy or vehicle for a short amount of time, any damage done during that time speeds up thawing. Also slows down players if they walk near or over an already frozen area.

Trip mine grenade. Throw down a mine that will detonate when a vehicle or player gets in range to set it off. Can be destroyed by shooting it.

OP, how would a gauss grenade work, gauss cannons fire a small projectile at massively accelerated speeds, causing heaps of damage and piercing all sorts of armour. Maybe if it shot gauss projectiles out in all directions…

OT: Let me first say the other two (not the frag and plasma, they’re confirmed) grenades could be anything judging by their pictures. I am excited for this because it means 343 are getting really creative with them. But here goes what i wouldnt mind them being:

First one: The one in the picture that looks a bit like a crescent moon or a hollow circle im guessing would be a forerunner grenade that pulses out a circular wave of energy, sorta like the classic ring around a nuclear explosion, which does great damage to shields and vehicles but also hurts you. It would be medium range maybe. But it wouldn’t affect the things above it.

Second one: It doesnt show up in the picture so we can only guess wildly at this. I personally hope it is similar to the firebomb grenade from halo 3. And hopefully it detonates on impact.

Frag
Plasma

And:

• Needle Grenade: more or less a Forerunner cross over between a Plasma Grenade and a Spike Grenade.

• EMP Grenade: think of H3’s Power Drain but tweaked an in the form of a grenade.

Fragmentation grenades inflict a moderate amount of damage in a moderate aoe. They are light and bouncy. The shape of the aoe is spherical with “soft edges” meaning there is a damage gradient around the edges where damage drops from moderate to low as you get further away from the center of the sphere.

Plasma grenades inflict a high amount of damage in a small aoe. They do not bounce, they stick where they land unless they hit a wall or ceiling in which case they fall straight down to the floor and stick there. The shape of the aoe is cylindrical like a column. The aoe has “hard edges” meaning damage drops from high to none the moment you are outside the cylindrical aoe.

Gravity grenades inflict a low amount of damage in a large spherical aoe. They are heavy and will not bounce far. A Gravity grenade creates a gravitational wave that rapidly expands, blasting players, vehicles, and movable objects away at high speed if they were close to the epicenter of the blast. The gravitational blast does minor damage but slamming into a solid object at high speed will damage the player further. The Gravity grenade is like a fast accelerating Grav Lift that expands from a single point outward in all directions. If properly executed a player can use a Gravity grenade to launch himself a great distance, like a portable Man Cannon.

The Hard Light Disc inflicts a high amount of damage in a pinpoint small aoe. They are thrown like a Frisbee, move slower than grenades, and can bounce off walls. The disc will bounce off a wall at the same angle it was thrown into the wall at. A player that contacts the flying disc will be killed immediately. If the disc contacts a player it will release a 2 dimensional, circular EMP on the horizontal plane with a moderate aoe.

Frags and stickies are in. I would like to see 2 new types of nades, Forerunner tech is likely but dunno what the fourth’ll be. Hopefully the other 2 won’t be OP.

> OP, how would a gauss grenade work, gauss cannons fire a small projectile at massively accelerated speeds, causing heaps of damage and piercing all sorts of armour. Maybe if it shot gauss projectiles out in all directions…
>
> OT: Let me first say the other two (not the frag and plasma, they’re confirmed) grenades could be anything judging by their pictures. I am excited for this because it means 343 are getting really creative with them. But here goes what i wouldnt mind them being:
>
> First one: The one in the picture that looks a bit like a crescent moon or a hollow circle im guessing would be a forerunner grenade that pulses out a circular wave of energy, sorta like the classic ring around a nuclear explosion, which does great damage to shields and vehicles but also hurts you. It would be medium range maybe. But it wouldn’t affect the things above it.
>
> Second one: It doesnt show up in the picture so we can only guess wildly at this. I personally hope it is similar to the firebomb grenade from halo 3. And hopefully it detonates on impact.

Yeah i wasnt too sure of the definition of a gauss weapon, i was under the impression a gauss weapon was something that fired accelerated air or something like that so i guess it could be a sonic grenade of sorts.

And i love the idea of a grenade that explodes on impact, that would be very cool, like a brute shot but just throwing the ammo.

Frag, plasma, they would have to decide between spike and fire, then a totally new grenade.

Maybe the grenades from the Halo Evolutions story Headhunters that disable tech.

Something Forunner. Maybe a stasis grenade that slows anything that enters its AoE.

I hope both new grenades do not deal damage.

> EMP grenade? Stuns vehicles?

this. And shields aswell.

What about a grenade like C4, where it would stick to anything (including players) and would detonate when you pressed the grenade button again. Also it could either detonate or diffuse when you die if you hadnt set it off?!