What gives, 343?

I recently logged onto my xbox live account and got a Reach update and a message from 343 Industries, telling me about upcoming tweaks to Reach - nothing major, just tweaks, they assure me. I decided that I wanted to waste a half and hour or so and play one of the levels of Reach that I had always enjoyed - having already beaten the entire game a good while back. However, now I can’t play ANY of the levels of Reach that I had previously beaten because they are listed as being LOCKED. Does this mean that I now have to go back and play the whole damn game all over again? Just to be able to replay levels that I’ve already beaten? Is this some ploy by 343 to get me to re-explore the game and all the goodies that THEY are going to put into it? In preparation for their upcoming HALO 4 release? Is there something I’m missing, because otherwise that seems like a really lame way to get my attention…

> I recently logged onto my xbox live account and got a Reach update and a message from 343 Industries, telling me about upcoming tweaks to Reach - nothing major, just tweaks, they assure me. I decided that I wanted to waste a half and hour or so and play one of the levels of Reach that I had always enjoyed - having already beaten the entire game a good while back. However, now I can’t play ANY of the levels of Reach that I had previously beaten because they are listed as being LOCKED. Does this mean that I now have to go back and play the whole damn game all over again? Just to be able to replay levels that I’ve already beaten? Is this some ploy by 343 to get me to re-explore the game and all the goodies that THEY are going to put into it? In preparation for their upcoming HALO 4 release? Is there something I’m missing, because otherwise that seems like a really lame way to get my attention…

A) How long ago did you beat it?
B) How often do you replay levels?

I ask b/c when I beat the campaign in opening weeks, I went to replay with a buddy and all my levels were re-locked but my Service Record said I’d completed it on Heroic already like I did. I just ran through it on casual. Didn’t take long either.

Relax, it’s a more or less common glitch. To re-open the levels, yes you have to replay the campaign. A simple run on Easy will suffice.

Yeah, my campaign locked up again too…really annoying…

> Relax, it’s a more or less common glitch. To re-open the levels, yes you have to replay the campaign. A simple run on Easy will suffice.

This happened to me as well. You Campaign stats on B.net should still hold true. It does stink though :frowning:

The biggest pisser was that I had been slowly but surely working towards getting all of the levels done on Legendary. C’est la guerre, I suppose.

> I recently logged onto my xbox live account and got a Reach update and a message from 343 Industries, telling me about upcoming tweaks to Reach - nothing major, just tweaks, they assure me. I decided that I wanted to waste a half and hour or so and play one of the levels of Reach that I had always enjoyed - having already beaten the entire game a good while back. However, now I can’t play ANY of the levels of Reach that I had previously beaten because they are listed as being LOCKED. Does this mean that I now have to go back and play the whole damn game all over again? Just to be able to replay levels that I’ve already beaten? Is this some ploy by 343 to get me to re-explore the game and all the goodies that THEY are going to put into it? In preparation for their upcoming HALO 4 release? Is there something I’m missing, because otherwise that seems like a really lame way to get my attention…

This is currently a negative side effect of downloading the TU, and a fix is on the way. Your stats and achievements are still there, however your campaign completion was reset. Hold tight, like I said, a fix is on the way. Or, you could just take matters into your own hands and replay the campaign!