What gametypes do you want to see in halo 4 matchmaking?

This thread is for people to post what they want out of matchmaking in Halo 4. So just post what you want, personally I want most things to stay the same just with the 1-50 ranking system back, new firefight, and some fun playlists that 343i comes up with.

i want custom gametypes allow you to be able to put multiple gametypes into one, like slayer-ctf-territories, or other such combinations that could lead to some serious shenanigans.

Well for when I’m not in a competitive mood I want Halo 4 to have the Action Sack playlist. Except not like the Halo Reach action sack which was terrible. Halo 3 had the best action sack.

Racing, Rocket Race , Infection , Etc…

Oh. And I don’t wan’t them to have k/d or in general most statistics be recorded in this playlist. That would be awesome.

I’d like to keep everything mostly the same from Reach, except:

1. Add “Duel,” a 1v1 playlist
  2. Change Squad Slayer from 5v5 to 6v6
  3. Add a 3-player-only Firefight playlist (I hate how we HAVE to get a random even if we only want to play with two friends)

That’s pretty much it.

Tower of power, bumper cars, head to head, and clan match; with real clans of course.

I would like to see a gametype like Gears of War’s “Warzone”. Each player has a set number of lives. If you lose all your lives, you have to spectate.
I find it that when you only have a set number of lives, you tend to work more as a team and the game becomes more intense and more rewarding when you win.

> i want custom gametypes allow you to be able to put multiple gametypes into one, like slayer-ctf-territories, or other such combinations that could lead to some serious shenanigans.

CTF+Infection=Amazingness.

Balls. Lots of flaming balls.

INFECTION!!!

I think I’d like to see invasion return, but on a much larger scale than in Reach.

what i don’t want is 19 playlist of competitive, like living dead and stuff like that should be out of competitive.a ranking system, 1-50,1-100,1-1,000 idc but just something to make the game exciting again becuase the arena system blows.

How about this:

Every feature that was in Reach, but in a different way.
So you’d get:

Matchmaking

• Firefight

• Firefight Survival (ODST style)

• Firefight Arcade (in line with Reach)

• idea Firefight Objectives (similar to Survival, but less hardcore and with objectives in each last round of a set and a form of progress through the map)

• Invasion (as it’s own playlist, improved, more objectives, more maps (Forge map abilities) etc.)

• Regular Matchmaking.

• Selection of “competative” playlists, so Objectives, Team Slayer and SWAT to name a few. Give each playlist it’s own 1-50 rating for each player (no more overall 1-50, just 1-50 per playlist and overal Reach style rank that’s made up from more than just performance, that would please everybody). Also add that idea of “Warzone” that another user above posted: sounds like a great addition.

• Social Matchmaking.

• BTB

• Clanwars (special playlist for Clans)

• Action Sack (This time actually having fun things like Tower of Power)

• “Sports” (Grifball, and the other “ball” or “golfclub” gametypes)

• Infection (With its own dedicated (Forge)maps)
    Don’t include 1-50 ranks here (except for Clan-rank in Clanwars), but let these playlist earn you only Cr and add to your overall rank.

Theater mode
Being able to go in and out of it more easily from the post-game lobby, also allowing for other people to be in.

And then of course you’d have a new and improved Forge and Campaign, but those aren’t part of multiplayer. Custom games browser: I really don’t see that work, sorry.
And I think a new gamemode should be added to Matchmaking as well. Maybe in the shape of Firefight Objectives, maybe something more like how Killzone (or what is Resistance?) plays, with long games that swith gametype on the fly without having to end the game. Maybe something like Spec Ops mode. I don’t know. But something new is certainly welcome.

I’d like to see the BTB playlist get overhauled.

First BTB needs to be split into two separate playlists, one for slayer game types and the other for objective game types. There’s nothing more frustrating than getting a choice of three objectives in the BTB playlist. Plus, this would also cut back on the amount of full parties picking an oddball objective just to work together to spawn kill and boost K/d ratios while ignoring the objective.

Second, the BTB playlist needs to be expanded on all levels: Party size, maps, and game types.

-Party size, I really think an eight man side is getting outdated. I would love to see the team sides set to 12-16. Everyone likes to blow stuff up, why not do it on a bigger scale.

-Maps: Please, please, please make more than a couple of mid-range to long-range maps. Hemorrhage always gets picked for the amount of vehicles and the amount of space you can roam around in not because of the lay out.

-Game types: Include other slayer games in a BTB format, Swat, Snipers, etc.

Halo 3 style playlists, by that i mean having Sniper’s, SWAT Squad battle etc in ranked list’s, would not mind them in social but for me having ranked sniper’s is a must.

Firefight and campaign co-op matchmaking are also nice additions. Not a fan of Rocket Race so it was annoying to have that (and hammers) in multi-team (halo 3), having it’s own playlist (like Reach if i remember right? have not touched it for a while) would be good for those that specifically want to play just that.

I loved ranked SB and BTB in H3, just a shame the matchmaking was a bit bad and as a team finding game’s was in most cases a pain.

I would like infection.

Roughly, something like this:

MATCHMAKING

Ranked

• Lone Wolves
  • Slayer:
  • Slayer FFA
  • Team Slayer
  • Team Objective
  • Big Team Siege [NEW!](8 v 8, attack & defend your vehicle or area)
  • MLG:
  • MLG Lone Wolves
  • MLG Slayer
  • MLG Team Slayer
  • MLG SWAT
  • MLG Snipers

Social

• Fiesta:
  • Fiesta FFA
  • Team Fiesta
  • Big Team Battle
  • Team Slayer
  • Infection
  • Grifball:
  • Exhibition
  • Seasonal
  • Team Community [NEW!](Assorted team games on community-made maps)

Just a thought.

> I think I’d like to see invasion return, but on a much larger scale than in Reach.

Invasion with a completely revamped spawn system would be great!

And my all time favourite, SWAT.

> Roughly, something like this:
>
> MATCHMAKING
>
> Ranked
>
> - Lone Wolves
> - Slayer:
> - Slayer FFA
> - Team Slayer
> - Team Objective
> - Big Team Siege [NEW!](8 v 8, attack & defend your vehicle or area)
> - MLG:
> - MLG Lone Wolves
> - MLG Slayer
> - MLG Team Slayer
> - MLG SWAT
> - MLG Snipers
>
> Social
>
> - Fiesta:
> - Fiesta FFA
> - Team Fiesta
> - Big Team Battle
> - Team Slayer
> - Infection
> - Grifball:
> - Exhibition
> - Seasonal
> - Team Community [NEW!](Assorted team games on community-made maps)
>
> Just a thought.

That’s a very solid layout, I especially like how SWAT and Snipers have their own playlist from the get go, unlike Reach where I had to hope and pray SWAT came up in the vote list, and had to hope and pray snipers wasn’t voted in.