What gametype(s) would you like to see added?

With December right around the corner, I can’t help but plan head what maps I could potentially create, and with every great map comes a great gametype.

What gametypes would you like to see added in the coming months?

My personal favorite would be Race to be able to create the Rocket Race gametype. For those who don’t know, utilized multi-team and the Race gametype One person would be the driver racing form point to point, while the person on back blasted everyone to smithereens with a rocket launcher. I can see great potential for this gametype if it were to be reintroduced. With the ability to create large scale forge maps, and 8 teams of two [maybe on Gun Gooses], Rocket Race would be fun and utter mayhem. When I have the opportunity, I am going to make this gametype for all to enjoy.

And one more I would like to add, and I may make this a separate post, is Infection. I loved the Halo 4 Infection when you got to transform into the flood and scare the living -Yoink- out of people, but I miss the customizability of being able to make alpha zombies and give them other staring weapons like a gravity hammers.

I can go on with other gametypes like One Bomb Assault and Juggernaut, but I want to hear what the community wants as well!

Bump

Bumping will get you in trouble around here, so don’t do it…

I want Grifball and Blargball back. Action Sack was so much fun…

Classic gametypes. That is, a playlist or two with all of the sprinting, thrusters, ground-pound, clamber disabled.

> 2533274855931484;3:
> Bumping will get you in trouble around here, so don’t do it…
>
> I want Grifball and Blargball back. Action Sack was so much fun…

Duly notes on the bumpage.

I can’t seem to remember Blargball. And I think back to all the action sack gametypes of Halo 3 that were amazing. In Halo 4, everyone just votes for Husky Raid… I’m not saying it’s not fun, but man was it voted for a lot.

> 2811398874529013;4:
> Classic gametypes. That is, a playlist or two with all of the sprinting, thrusters, ground-pound, clamber disabled.

That would be a nice change of pace for the game, and it would require people to make maps utilizing basic Halo 5 physics with out clamber. Good ol’ crouch jumping.

> 2535955504480783;5:
> > 2533274855931484;3:
> > Bumping will get you in trouble around here, so don’t do it…
> >
> > I want Grifball and Blargball back. Action Sack was so much fun…
>
>
> Duly notes on the bumpage.
>
> I can’t seem to remember Blargball. And I think back to all the action sack gametypes of Halo 3 that were amazing. In Halo 4, everyone just votes for Husky Raid… I’m not saying it’s not fun, but man was it voted for a lot.

Blargball was the Covenant/Elite version of Grifball. Mostly different visuals, but was still fun for me. I hear ya on the Husky Raid, but since we don’t have voting in Halo 5, I say just bring back the full Action Sack list!

> 2533274855931484;7:
> > 2535955504480783;5:
> > > 2533274855931484;3:
> > > Bumping will get you in trouble around here, so don’t do it…
> > >
> > > I want Grifball and Blargball back. Action Sack was so much fun…
> >
> >
> > Duly notes on the bumpage.
> >
> > I can’t seem to remember Blargball. And I think back to all the action sack gametypes of Halo 3 that were amazing. In Halo 4, everyone just votes for Husky Raid… I’m not saying it’s not fun, but man was it voted for a lot.
>
>
> Blargball was the Covenant/Elite version of Grifball. Mostly different visuals, but was still fun for me. I hear ya on the Husky Raid, but since we don’t have voting in Halo 5, I say just bring back the full Action Sack list!

Thanks for filling me in! Although I don’t think we’ll see playable elites anytime soon, blarg. I think I am going to go back on my Halo 3 saves just to see what gametypes that were made just to see how many I can recreate for Halo 5. Hopefully for all to play.

Grifball, BTB Heavies, and Action Sack (love me some Fiesta Fight and Husky Raid). I’d also like Snipers, but on large maps. Reach and 4 had a good mix of small and large, and while I hated the tiny maps where everyone’s running around no-scoping, the big maps were great. Hopefully they add in some larger maps for Snipers or BTB.

Action Sack would be nice.

Oddball, juggernaught, regicide, team regicide, swatguns, a different variant of breakout ( maybe with like a revive mechanic kinda like campaign just make it like 5 seconds to get the revive started then boom your done.) a playlist that brings in the buddy spawning from reach. miss getting brosideons. Doubles, triples, multiteam, and I would defiantly like to see some new ideas maybe a multilayered gametype.

One idea here would be defending team has to get a certain number of kills to win, attacking team has to get a Intel package out of the defenders base. then a bomb will spawn and the attackers have to bring it in and blow up the base to win. (extraction?)

Headhunter please. I really enjoyed this gametype in Reach.

Multi team

Honestly? Dominion. No, I don’t mean Territories like Strongholds or Warzone, I mean actual Halo 4 Dominion. With the Turrets, shields, and actual rooms with enough walls that you can stand in without worrying about being sniped. The Power Weapon drops every few minutes would also be a great thing to carry over: it gave you more motivation to hold and protect a base instead of immediately rushing the enemy’s.

Infection/Flood
Assault
1 side CTF/Assault
Territories
Oddball (with an actual skull, not that weird thing from H4)

Infection
Grifball
Oddball
Juggernaut

I just want some fun gametypes that aren’t always super competitive.

Rocket Race yes! but above all else GRIFFBALL!!

and then may be fix SWAT so its none of this one gun bs. I liked having a choice between DMR or BR on top of a pistol

EDIT: also Infection, almost forgot about that one

Infection
Action Sack
Oddball
Juggernaut
I would like to see King of the hill added to the Team Slayer playlist.

For me, it would have to be…

• Dominion - Infection - Action Sack - A permanent Team Doubles - Maybe some different Variations of Warzone, with CTF or Assault objectives - Assault/CTF - Pretty much any gametype that isn’t a championship playlist lol

BTB Snipers is sorely missed. I was actually surprised it didn’t make the cut for BTB release