What Forge Level Do You Prefer and Why?

I’m curious because I always find myself drawn back to Impact when making maps. Why? Because it is the most open and has the biggest variety of forge objects with it’s extensive “Impact” structure pallet. The Other two are far too restrictive with their kill barriers and invisible walls.

I guess the only problem I have with impact is that it is far too dark. There is no life/color.

Impact cause theres more room to work with and the whole space theme fits nicely, I’ve been working on a map on impact this week been enjoying it.

Impact for me as well. Most of my maps in both 3 & Reach were built suspended in the air, so Impact is a good place for me to forge in, along with the decent structures that come with it.

Though a word of warning, avoid using the 45° angle corrider upside down for a flooring. There is a nasty little glitch with that piece that seemingly stops bullets out of thin air, sometimes shooting them back at the player that fired them. I had to redesign a map because of that -.-

I know impact has quite a bit of space but I wish we had less area limits on the forge maps.

Impact has my vote although I was expecting it to be bigger. Maybe we’ll get a really good forge map eventually. I love the space theme and I think it’s pretty unique, we’ve seen all kinds of green hills maps or forerunner structures as it is.

Secret option 5: Sandbox, from halo 3. just overload the map and you’re good.

> Secret option 5: Sandbox, from halo 3. just overload the map and you’re good.

Halo 3, those were the times. I had a map called Caver I made in the center pit of Sidewinder that hit over 100k DLs between its 1st, 2nd, and mlg versions. I had to overload the map each time to keep the mancannons from working while I was building. Haven’t made a map that good since. It was on my other XBL account MightMidge7, but that one was stolen…

Ya know, I think I will try to remake it just for kicks. Maybe on Ravine.

> There is a nasty little glitch with that piece that seemingly stops bullets out of thin air, sometimes shooting them back at the player that fired them.

O.o I need to investigate this… Might be interesting if implemented right.

i don’t forge.

Impact. Theres a lot more room, and Ravine is just meh in terms of space and Erosion is okay. I’m building a Star Wars Battlefront 2 style Space Battle map in Dominion and 4 Banshees in the hangar with 4 Banshee pads in both hangars so all 16 players can be fighting in the air. I just hope I have enough money to make my Covenant ship, I still need to do a lot of work on my ASC ship, so I may have to make the Covie ship a Corvette with a few compartments for budget reasons.

Impact. More options and such.

I would be an Erosion fan if the pipes and tubes they gave us were open so we could walk in them.

I don’t really like any of them :frowning:

It’s a shame too because I was pretty big on Forging in Reach.

Impact, obviously.

There are ENDLESS possibilities of things to create while you’re in SPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE.

So far, Impact. Why? I like trains.

rocks and tincups on forgeworld…but im working with rocks and tincups in impact right now seeing what can come i guess, but for me it was forgeworld rocks and tincups

I Like Impact while using gravity wells and Teleporters. WEEEEEEE

Far Cry 3’s map editor.

im probably going to buy farcry 3