What exactly is wrong with Halo 5?

READ THIS FIRST! I’m not asking any of you if you agree with me, I’m asking you for YOUR opinions on the Halo 5 beta, and what YOU think should be changed.

If you could narrow it down to just 3 issues, what do you think was wrong with the Halo 5 beta? And how do you think we should go about solving said issues? I’ll start.

1. Time-to-Kill (TTK)

Since automatics have been buffed, and precisions fire much faster and have no bloom, Spartans have been dropping like flies in this game. add that with the fact that players tend to travel together, players are often killed before they can react. In my opinion, automatic weapons should recieve a slight nerf, and precision weapons should have a lower rate of fire.

1. Aim Assist/Bullet Magnetism

We haven’t had a Halo game with this little aim assist since Halo CE, and compared to that game, Spartans are much faster this time around. If it weren’t for all the bullet magnetism we’ve been seeing, accuracy would be much lower. In my opinion, it would feel more like Halo if we had less magnetism, and more aim assist.

1. Grenades

They’re much more powerful than what most of us are used to, both the amount of damage they do and the range of their blast radius seem higher most other Halo games, on par with CE. I can’t test this, but when people are comparing hand grenades to nuclear bombs, well… In my opinion, the grenades should be nerfed by giving them a smaller blast radius.

So what do you guys think? What are your top 3 pet peeves of Halo 5? And more importantly, how should these problems be solved?

• ADS, no reason to have it in the game, other than to make it look like a standard modern FPS. Give us the old zoom back.- Kill times are too fast, super easy to fix. Either slow the weapon fire rate or boost shields/health.- Maps are ugly, too much bloom, lens flare and visual clutter.

I agree with all your points. Especially grenades. Their like mini nukes from fallout lol. They can keep the damage the same but the blast radius is way to big. Also i think the fuse time was a bit too long.

1. Bullet Magnetism
  2. Ranking stuff (CSR, KDA, etc.)
  3. Searching with a party doesn’t work as well as searching alone

As long as they fix all the little bugs, I’m going to be excited for this

> They’re much more powerful than they ever were, both the amount of damage they do and the range of their blast radius seem higher than in any other Halo game

Oh no.

If you had half health and full shields in Halo Ce, a grenade could land like ten feet from you and still kill you in one hit.
Grenades aren’t that good in Halo 5, and you can thruster out of the way of them pretty easily.

> 2533274819302824;5:
> > They’re much more powerful than they ever were, both the amount of damage they do and the range of their blast radius seem higher than in any other Halo game
>
>
> Oh no.
>
> If you had half health and full shields in Halo Ce, a grenade could land like ten feet from you and still kill you in one hit.
> Grenades aren’t that good in Halo 5, and you can thruster out of the way of them pretty easily.

Despite being so damn powerful, I always thought the Halo 1 grenades where balanced because they had such a long fuse time.

You hit the nail on the head. Not much more I can add to be honest. Maybe remap ground pound and allow melee to animation cancel it. Thanks all I got.

> 2533274832164719;6:
> Despite being so damn powerful, I always thought the Halo 1 grenades where balanced because they had such a long fuse time.

I consider them balanced. I’m just saying I find it kind of shocking how people say grenades are OP in Halo 5. They are pretty ineffective compared to previous titles.

Too fast paced, extremely low jump and base movement speed (obviously because of abilities but it still doesn’t feel right for soldiers 500 years in the future to be getting out jumped by modern 15 year olds playing basketball) weapons such as AR have gotten unnecessary range, it was meant to be the close to mid quarters, now it’s long range as well. The smart scope is annoying, I prefered the zoom form other games, and weapons like the assault rifle shouldn’t even have a functional zoom, as I said, it should not be long range, we have BR and DMR for that. Time to kill is too fast, which can either make the gameplay super fast, or a camp fest. (br fights at spawn, thrust whenever you get shot, repeat until BR runs out of ammo… yawn) However, if this is only how the Competitive Arena playlist is, and there’s a regular team slayer and BTB and other stuff without all these abilities and with slower gameplay, then it’s fine.

> 2533274819302824;8:
> > 2533274832164719;6:
> > Despite being so damn powerful, I always thought the Halo 1 grenades where balanced because they had such a long fuse time.
>
>
> I consider them balanced. I’m just saying I find it kind of shocking how people say grenades are OP in Halo 5. They are pretty ineffective compared to previous titles.

Two wrongs don’t make a right. The grenades in this game are definitely a wrong as of now.

> 2533274819302824;8:
> > 2533274832164719;6:
> > Despite being so damn powerful, I always thought the Halo 1 grenades where balanced because they had such a long fuse time.
>
>
> I consider them balanced. I’m just saying I find it kind of shocking how people say grenades are OP in Halo 5. They are pretty ineffective compared to previous titles.

Please, let’s not get too far off track. Is there anything you’d like to see changed in Halo 5?

Sprint.
Solution: Removed. Doesn’t work, stop trying to shove the square peg into the round hole.

Map Design.
Solution: Hire someone who actually knows how to design good Halo maps, there’s a ton of at least decent forgers in the community.
Eden and Empire legit feel like “CoD Maps”.
Truth and Regret are okay but nothing special, while the two forge maps are pretty bad.
Actually sprint alone plays a huge part here, might as well be the same point.

Thruster
Solution: Should be a short dash to the side with gun up, instead of a long dash used primarily for defense.

I could go on but rather pointless, as nothing is going to change in the end.

Have you been under a rock for the past 2 years? You need to do your homework.

> 2533274973373704;13:
> Have you been under a rock for the past 2 years? You need to do your homework.

What would you like to see changed in Halo 5?

> 2533274978553590;14:
> > 2533274973373704;13:
> > Have you been under a rock for the past 2 years? You need to do your homework.
>
>
> What would you like to see changed in Halo 5?

Just 3? I guess I’m gonna have to go with the main issues:

• Sprint
  • Stabilizers
  • ADS (aka: Smart Scope)I wanted to include clamber, but I have priorities.
  1. Bullet magnetism

2. ttk

3. spartan charge

1. Abilities: any and all, including sprint and ADS
  2. Mini nuke grenades (I’d play Fallout if I wanted that) combined with no friendsly fire for the most incredible amount of grenade spam
  3. Magnetic bullets: if I wanted bullets that curve around walls, I’d go watch Wanted or something

> 2533274978553590;1:
> READ THIS FIRST! I’m not asking any of you if you agree with me, I’m asking you for YOUR opinions on the Halo 5 beta, and what YOU think should be changed.
>
> If you could narrow it down to just 3 issues, what do you think was wrong with the Halo 5 beta? And how do you think we should go about solving said issues? I’ll start.
>
> 1. Time-to-Kill (TTK)
>
> Since automatics have been buffed, and precisions fire much faster and have no bloom, Spartans have been dropping like flies in this game. add that with the fact that players tend to travel together, players are often killed before they can react. In my opinion, automatic weapons should recieve a slight nerf, and precision weapons should have a lower rate of fire.
>
> 2. Aim Assist/Bullet Magnetism
>
> We haven’t had a Halo game with this little aim assist since Halo CE, and compared to that game, Spartans are much faster this time around. If it weren’t for all the bullet magnetism we’ve been seeing, accuracy would be much lower. In my opinion, it would feel more like Halo if we had less magnetism, and more aim assist.
>
> 3. Grenades
>
> They’re much more powerful than what most of us are used to, both the amount of damage they do and the range of their blast radius seem higher most other Halo games, on par with CE. I can’t test this, but when people are comparing hand grenades to nuclear bombs, well… In my opinion, the grenades should be nerfed by giving them a smaller blast radius.
>
> So what do you guys think? What are your top 3 pet peeves of Halo 5? And more importantly, how should these problems be solved?

1 = Sprint, remove it
2 = map size too large, shrink them by 50percent.
3 = ttk, too short, buff the shields.
4 = ads kills your field of view, remove it.
5 = cod fans working at 343, fire them.
I got more . If you need em…

The time to kill does not bother me as much because the players are much faster than other games. It would be inappropriate to have a similar time to kill as other halos as there is more time to evade. Slowing the ttk would make it very difficult to kill people across map, precision weapons and all.

The grenades should probably receive a mild nurf. I also want to see the grenade indicator on the hud again. I hate guessing where the nad is, only to find out it was right under my feet from the kill cam and I could have thrusted away.

The head shot window seems huge. I was getting all sorts of sinper head shots that I know I didn’t deserve. I am not complaining about this, just noticing how it feels different from H1, 2, or 3.

Overall I thought this was a very polished beta. Besides minor user interface issues and possibly nurfing the nads (automatic weapons?), I was very pleased with the gameplay. Great job 343!! I look forward to playing through the campaign and thousands of multi player games.