What exactly is a "sweaty"?

I don’t think there is a term thrown around more. These guys are sweaty. Oh how that was a sweaty match. This lobby is full of sweat

> 2535417402206596;1:
> I don’t think there is a term thrown around more. These guys are sweaty. Oh how that was a sweaty match. This lobby is full of sweat

I have never heard the term sweaty ever used, but if I had to take a guess I would say it has something to do with tense or close match. Like if you are 950-950 in a warzone match. I know I can get a little sweaty in Rainbow Six Seige. That game is super tense.

It’s the new term for tryhard. Basically, people who play the game seriously or someone who takes a game too seriously when it’s not warranted (e.g.: playing a casual Infection game like it’s the HCS finals).

It can also be used to describe an intense match like Mutant pointed out.

Basically a term of somebody taking the game like it’s some MLG or eSports match. In a nutshell taking the game way too serious.
I’m taking a break from all the sweat I encountered in arena until the next update comes.

But isn’t everyone trying to win and by definition a try hard or sweaty?

> 2535417402206596;5:
> But isn’t everyone trying to win and by definition a try hard or sweaty?

Not necessarily. Most people use “try hard” or “sweaty” when referring to someone who plays as if their life depended on it. Think of it like that one parent at a childrens’ sports game acting as if it were the Olympics or competition of a similar caliber.

> 2535437652903765;6:
> > 2535417402206596;5:
> > But isn’t everyone trying to win and by definition a try hard or sweaty?
>
> Not necessarily. Most people use “try hard” or “sweaty” when referring to someone who plays as if their life depended on it. Think of it like that one parent at a children’s sports game acting as if it were some kind of national competition.

Another added definition for sweaty is when a player starts yelling at the randoms on their team if they are losing or lost, and start blaming them for the loss.

> 2533274852660538;7:
> > 2535437652903765;6:
> > > 2535417402206596;5:
> > > But isn’t everyone trying to win and by definition a try hard or sweaty?
> >
> > Not necessarily. Most people use “try hard” or “sweaty” when referring to someone who plays as if their life depended on it. Think of it like that one parent at a children’s sports game acting as if it were some kind of national competition.
>
> Another added definition for sweaty is when a player starts yelling at the randoms on their team if they are losing or lost, and start blaming them for the loss.

No.

Example: I was playing mongoose sumo and ran into a full team with matching emblems who team pushed players of the edge and had one guy hanging off the edge so they couldn’t lose. They messaged me later telling me that I sucked.

Example: Extreme crouch strafing. Like head coming up for less than half a second.

> 2727626560040591;3:
> (e.g.: playing a casual Infection game like it’s the HCS finals).

When you’re last main trying to get a killainare.

I would use the term if someone is trying way too hard in a game or sport, not if they’re actually sweaty. Many “sweaties” will go after an enemy player constantly, yelling at their teammates for making them carry the team or that they’re not good enough, playing like they’re in an eSports Competition, etc. It’s pretty much what Urban Dictionary describes it.

> Sweaty is also used to describe a person who is way into something with intensity. Whatever the person is doing, if they are balls deep into the game then they are a sweaty -Yoink-.

> 2533274811336073;2:
> > 2535417402206596;1:
> > I don’t think there is a term thrown around more. These guys are sweaty. Oh how that was a sweaty match. This lobby is full of sweat
>
> I have never heard the term sweaty ever used, but if I had to take a guess I would say it has something to do with tense or close match. Like if you are 950-950 in a warzone match. I know I can get a little sweaty in Rainbow Six Seige. That game is super tense.

I can’t believe you’ve never heard it. I hear it and use it every day.

> 2535417402206596;12:
> > 2533274811336073;2:
> > > 2535417402206596;1:
> > > I don’t think there is a term thrown around more. These guys are sweaty. Oh how that was a sweaty match. This lobby is full of sweat
> >
> > I have never heard the term sweaty ever used, but if I had to take a guess I would say it has something to do with tense or close match. Like if you are 950-950 in a warzone match. I know I can get a little sweaty in Rainbow Six Seige. That game is super tense.
>
> I can’t believe you’ve never heard it. I hear it and use it every day.

Well I don’t really take most games too seriously, and I don’t play with tryhardy people so I suppose it makes sense.

Synonymous with tryhard. Someone who tries as hard as humanly possible all the time and typically finds the only way to have fun playing this game is to win.

One thing I’ll add is some view “sweaties” as people who simply win.

Honestly tho tho there’s no point in calling people tryhards or sweaties cuz not everyone is going to miss on purpose just not make people feel better. It’s part of online matchmaking and to some that’s how they get their fun out of a game. Competitive nature is an awesome mentality to have as I love playing vs and with those who have it good or bad. I don’t like playing blow out games nor do I like playing vs people not trying and goofing off.

> 2533274815692039;14:
> Synonymous with tryhard. Someone who tries as hard as humanly possible all the time and typically finds the only way to have fun playing this game is to win.

Makes sense.
I play with hard-core war zone types and we like to win. I guess I’m a sweaty but I’m an average kkayrr over all plat-diamond

> 2533274924401014;9:
> Example: I was playing mongoose sumo and ran into a full team with matching emblems who team pushed players of the edge and had one guy hanging off the edge so they couldn’t lose. They messaged me later telling me that I sucked.
>
> Example: Extreme crouch strafing. Like head coming up for less than half a second.

They really need to fix that, had some people do that multiple times last night. Had to go after them first.

Giving them a good bagging at the same crouch strafing pace really works wonders and brings out the salt.

By nature, I’m just a lazy tryhard. Meaning I only try when I feel like it or if the other team is being annoying. There are people that will do everything they can to survive and throw you off like, they will play at their “Champion lvl” in any casual game. Me, I’m not champion lol, but I can’t be bothered to play like my life is at stake. I will do a little switch here and there in a strafe, very basic strafe. Even in FFA, I don’t try to give 100% all the time, why do that when you can save all that focusing for a tougher sweaty game?

Now, is that a bad habit? Haha probably, but I like assessing and there’s no reason for me use up more energy than needed to kill someone who doesn’t deserve full-on crouch strafing and thrusting in mid-air. Get what I’m saying lol? I’m probably one of the view lazy tryhards.

Basically someone who sweats their a** off taking it too seriously trying to win

> 2727626560040591;3:
> It’s the new term for tryhard. Basically, people who play the game seriously or someone who takes a game too seriously when it’s not warranted (e.g.: playing a casual Infection game like it’s the HCS finals).
>
> It can also be used to describe an intense match like Mutant pointed out.

I laughed at this post, thats me at times. Sometimes I’m in complete try hard mode, and have to snap myself out of it