What ever happened to power weapons

you know, being rare and a important part of gameplay, now it seems once your 4-5 minutes into a match, theirs three rockets, 2 lasers, 4 snipers, and two binary rifles on the map, with ammo at one time. plus a large assortments of concussian rifles, railguns, and sticky launchers.

and whats with snipers ability to decimate HEAVY ARMORED VEHICLES? why is it that vehicle combat has effectively been destroyed? why is it, when i’m in dominion, and attempting to capture a fortified base, i have to deal with a sheildswall that i have to break,PLUS some guy just camping it wait for me to break it so he can blow me to hell with that rocket launcher?

343, in all seriousness WHERE IS THE BALANCE? halo went from being a relatively balanced mm, to where now everyone gonna have a power weapon 2 minutes in, and it’s just a giant chaotic mess?

Welcome to the future of Halo - an unbalanced mess where anybody can win.

> Welcome to the future of Halo - an unbalanced mess where anybody can win.

i had really hope halo was in good hands, but seriously, h4 is quite the disappointment, games just turn into who can rocket/incinerate/binary/snipe the most players before they die, then dmr 3-5 player to get another rocket/sniper/incineration cannon and do it all over again.

attracting new players means making the game noob friendly.

$$

> you know, being rare and a important part of game play, now it seems once your 4-5 minutes into a match, theirs three rockets, 2 lasers, 4 snipers, and two binary rifles on the map, with ammo at one time. plus a large assortments of concussion rifles, rail guns, and sticky launchers.

What game type are you playing? That sounds like the most fun ever.

> > you know, being rare and a important part of game play, now it seems once your 4-5 minutes into a match, theirs three rockets, 2 lasers, 4 snipers, and two binary rifles on the map, with ammo at one time. plus a large assortments of concussion rifles, rail guns, and sticky launchers.
>
> What game type are you playing? That sounds like the most fun ever.

Infinity Slayer

Ya the random weapon spawns and ordnance tend to make it a power weapon fest.

> > Welcome to the future of Halo - an unbalanced mess where anybody can win.
>
> i had really hope halo was in good hands, but seriously, h4 is quite the disappointment, games just turn into who can rocket/incinerate/binary/snipe the most players before they die, then dmr 3-5 player to get another rocket/sniper/incineration cannon and do it all over again.

I assume you’re talking about Ragnarok? I don’t use the DMR and do the best in any game-mode on Haven/Valhalla ironically. Medium-sized maps aren’t my forté…anyways if you have a decent team, you can easily get out of a spawntrap on ragnarok. Heck, I’ve broken spawntraps and began spawntrapping the other team when I was backpacking randoms who couldn’t go positive. Half the kids in H4 probably blow themselves up with the rockets before they kill someone. Incinerator cannon isn’t good unless you know how to use it and you’re in a CQB/Close-Mid Range corridor, Randoms can barely hit me in the foot with a binary and they’re even worse at sniping. It took a kid 3 clips of a sniper to shoot me once in the foot… Nuff Said.

No offense, but anyone decent can get out of a spawn trap (provided they have a team or can backpack randys).

Power weapons never spawn on the map anymore…

Lolhaters.

I agree that there are too many power weapons in Dominion (and not enough in some other game modes) however I don’t think the sniper should dominate vehicles. That is what the laser, rockets, other vehicles, etc. are for. Plus it is very useful against banshees.

They should take vehicle damage away from te sniper and make Lasers an OHK to ALL vehicles once again…

Then I will lord over it and the new reign in Halo 4 will begin!

> why is it, when i’m in dominion, and attempting to capture a fortified base, i have to deal with a sheildswall that i have to break,PLUS some guy just camping it wait for me to break it so he can blow me to hell with that rocket launcher?

Wow if your stupid enough melee the shields you deserve to be killed its called throw a grenade. and its not like the sniper is a OSK on vehicles people complain about things being to “OP” all the time and when they get nerfed people complain wtf why did you nerf it the balance is fine. if they nerfed the sniper vehicles such as the mantis would destroy every thing then you would be pissed off at that

Welcome to Call of Halo 4! There is no skill or strategy involved in this game, because that would make it difficult for the broader more casual player base to be good.

Powerpositions are non-existent, team-work is non-existent, and the core feeling of Halo gameplay is non-existent.

Seriously I am so sick of some playlists, because it is nothing more than a power-weapon fest and it is sickening. Powerweapons USED to mean something to the team that was SKILLED enough to control them. Now everyone gets one! Hell you can get one just for “distracting” someone. This is such a joke.

This is all in MY OPINION, and anyone that says I suck can just check my stats.

That’s the best part about Halo 4! You don’t need map control, power weapons, vehicles and tactics to win! Everyone gets a power weapon and some overshield and speedboost!

You can die and now know exactly what happened thanks to deathcams. See you on the battlefield Spartan.

> That’s the best part about Halo 4! You don’t need map control, power weapons, vehicles and tactics to win! Everyone gets a power weapon and some overshield and speedboost!
>
> You can die and now know exactly what happened thanks to deathcams. See you on the battlefield Spartan.

this message oozes sarcasm…

and the sad thing is he is right.

> Welcome to Call of Halo 4! There is no skill or strategy involved in this game, because that would make it difficult for the broader more casual player base to be good.
>
> Powerpositions are non-existent, team-work is non-existent, and the core feeling of Halo gameplay is non-existent.
>
> Seriously I am so sick of some playlists, because it is nothing more than a power-weapon fest and it is sickening. Powerweapons USED to mean something to the team that was SKILLED enough to control them. Now everyone gets one! Hell you can get one just for “distracting” someone. This is such a joke.
>
> This is all in MY OPINION, and anyone that says I suck can just check my stats.

I agree with you completely up until the point where you say “check my stats.” Honestly, they aren’t that good.

The funny thing about this game is that power weapons are more accessible than ammo for your primary. Half the time, I’ll run out of DMR and end up trying to hoard someone’s body for a magnum. Then, when I get an ordinance, I get to choose between a needler, those stupid promethean grenades, or an overshield. I JUST WANT MORE AMMO! Thanks

(Anyone suggesting the ammo upgrade- maybe you’re right. But I prefer dexterity!