What ever happened to buggers?

I mean, they were in a couple of the trilogy games, but where did they go, and… where did they come from? Do they have much of a story to them? They kinda popped into the game in reach, odst, and I think some others without a reason in the story, and when 343 took over they disappeared as suddenly as they came in. I would like to know the story behind these annoying flying creatures.

> 2535445519603509;1:
> I mean, they were in a couple of the trilogy games, but where did they go, and… where did they come from? Do they have much of a story to them? They kinda popped into the game in reach, odst, and I think some others without a reason in the story, and when 343 took over they disappeared as suddenly as they came in. I would like to know the story behind these annoying flying creatures.

Well actually they didn’t really just ‘pop in’, like you’ve described. They have appeared in most of the halo games created by Bungie; halo 2, halo 3, halo 3: ODST, halo reach. That’s in total 5 games, so I wouldn’t say that their roles were that minor, even though their appearances in the levels were quite rare. However, the moment 343 took over and made halo 4, it seems that Drones are pretty much out of the picture, making no appearances in halo 4 and 5.

About the Drones lore-wise, I’m quite sure they have to obviously still be a pretty recognisable species. The only thing I can remember about them is that they live and breed in hives like insects, which is quite obvious actually and shown in halo 3: ODST. You could research about them on the wiki, maybe read what halo.waypoint has to say about them. If they were brought back to a future game, it’ll be interesting to see how they’ll stack up against Watchers in gameplay.