What ever happened to always starting a new game?

I read somewhere that every game you will play on multiplayer on Halo 5 will be fresh and new every time, which I found true for a while. But since the Hammerstorm update for Halo 5 I have been getting into games that have already started in all game types. The biggest one of all is Grifball since that is the Gamemode I play the most. I wasn’t bothered by it until now. Just about 10 mins ago I joined in a game that right when I got in, the enemy team won the game and I didn’t even have a chance to play the game, I just spawned in and then all I hear is “Game over defeat”. Why does 343I lie all the time? I mean, this is getting ridiculous and I would like if they changed it back to every multiplayer game you play is fresh cause now it is getting ridiculous

I don’t see why you’re really complaining its free reqs, no harm to your k/d and it won’t even put a dent in your w/l

My Griffball W/L oh Noooooooooooooo

> 2535418262439483;3:
> My Griffball W/L oh Noooooooooooooo

Exactly. I get on and I get an instant defeat :sweat:

> 2535405450804460;2:
> I don’t see why you’re really complaining its free reqs, no harm to your k/d and it won’t even put a dent in your w/l

Well It gets quite annoying considering the fact that I have to wait 5 mins on the loading screen because of the huge file size for that Grifball Court and then Get on for an instant defeat

It’s actually ruining the H5 experience…this join in progress is my biggest issue now.

> 2533274925749417;1:
> I read somewhere that every game you will play on multiplayer on Halo 5 will be fresh and new every time, which I found true for a while.

They way you have worded that, it can mean several things. Not necessarily having to do with JIP. And I don’t remember hearing this. Where’s the evidence that a promise or change was ever made? But on to the topic-

JIP exists because it makes matchmaking easier, quicker, and helps to rebalance teams that suffer quits. People, caring about the stats no one else looks at, get butthurt if they join losing games, even if the system contributes to wins on other occasions. That’s the only problem with JIP. The reasonable compromise, therefor, is to remove the penalties of losing when a JIP occurs, and to tell the player about it.