What ever happened to all that deleted content?

Back in Halo 2 we were shown this magnificant Halo 2 Demo of a remastered New Mombasa that was a whole lot bigger and better than the one from the released retail game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_y3cbIV-Xg
Problem was the graphics couldn’t be handled by the xbox back then, so they couldn’t add it and had to make cuts.

Halo 3 they were originally going to add Global battle and Space battle similar to what they did to Halo Reach but more similar to firefight. It was removed from the final game probably due to the amount of pixels were used: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5tJfoR8nqI With the current Halo Reach or perhaps Anniversary it could be added in the future.

So i’m wondering what did Bungie or in this case 343 ever do with the left overs did they delete/ destroy them? Are they still playing them or perhaps refining it?

> Back in Halo 2 we were shown this magnificant Halo 2 Demo of a remastered New Mombasa that was a whole lot bigger and better than the one from the released retail game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_y3cbIV-Xg
> Problem was the graphics couldn’t be handled by the xbox back then, so they couldn’t add it and had to make cuts.
>
> Halo 3 they were originally going to add Global battle and Space battle similar to what they did to Halo Reach but more similar to firefight. It was removed from the final game probably due to the amount of pixels were used: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5tJfoR8nqI With the current Halo Reach or perhaps Anniversary it could be added in the future.
>
> So i’m wondering what did Bungie or in this case 343 ever do with the left overs did they delete/ destroy them? Are they still playing them or perhaps refining it?

I watched it. Imagine Fire Fight on that Sandy Global Battle scene? when you spawn you get dropped off on a pelican with whatever weapons you set it to, and with a vehicle too?! Warthog running, killing choppers and ghost like a pro. if someone dies they just spawn right back on you.

And then after 5 waves theirs a boss round and you need to destroy a scarab. OH MY GOD! 343 PLEASE DO THIS! PLEASE

> > Back in Halo 2 we were shown this magnificant Halo 2 Demo of a remastered New Mombasa that was a whole lot bigger and better than the one from the released retail game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_y3cbIV-Xg
> > Problem was the graphics couldn’t be handled by the xbox back then, so they couldn’t add it and had to make cuts.
> >
> > Halo 3 they were originally going to add Global battle and Space battle similar to what they did to Halo Reach but more similar to firefight. It was removed from the final game probably due to the amount of pixels were used: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5tJfoR8nqI With the current Halo Reach or perhaps Anniversary it could be added in the future.
> >
> > So i’m wondering what did Bungie or in this case 343 ever do with the left overs did they delete/ destroy them? Are they still playing them or perhaps refining it?
>
> I watched it. Imagine Fire Fight on that Sandy Global Battle scene? when you spawn you get dropped off on a pelican with whatever weapons you set it to, and with a vehicle too?! Warthog running, killing choppers and ghost like a pro. if someone dies they just spawn right back on you.
>
> And then after 5 waves theirs a boss round and you need to destroy a scarab. OH MY GOD! 343 PLEASE DO THIS! PLEASE

THIS

I’m sure any Halo fan would love a chance to see and play these missing sections cut from Halo 2. I think they need to re-release a complete Halo 2 including all the stages and scenes that were originally cut. Maybe for the games tenth anniversary?

What I’ve always wanted to know is this: this demo video is available on XBox Platinum series release of Halo CE, and I was able to watch it any time I like on my normal XBox. I used to be able to watch it on my 360 as well then one day I received an update notice through XBL from Halo CE and from there I could never view the demo on my 360 any more.

What would be Bungie or Microsoft’s reason not to allow owners of this game to view this demo on the 360 suddenly?

> I watched it. Imagine Fire Fight on that Sandy Global Battle scene? when you spawn you get dropped off on a pelican with whatever weapons you set it to, and with a vehicle too?! Warthog running, killing choppers and ghost like a pro. if someone dies they just spawn right back on you.
>
> And then after 5 waves theirs a boss round and you need to destroy a scarab. OH MY GOD! 343 PLEASE DO THIS! PLEASE

Instead of spawning with your buddies (sounds too easy to me), you should arrive into battle like an ODST, in one of their drop pods. But apart from that, your post has been QFT!

TOOK OUT SPACE FROM HALO 3? !!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

waaaw

basically they took out the good stuff from the halos :frowning:

the global and space battle weren’t Halo 3, those were prototypes for Halo Reach using the Halo 3 engine.

> > I watched it. Imagine Fire Fight on that Sandy Global Battle scene? when you spawn you get dropped off on a pelican with whatever weapons you set it to, and with a vehicle too?! Warthog running, killing choppers and ghost like a pro. if someone dies they just spawn right back on you.
> >
> > And then after 5 waves theirs a boss round and you need to destroy a scarab. OH MY GOD! 343 PLEASE DO THIS! PLEASE
>
> Instead of spawning with your buddies (sounds too easy to me), you should arrive into battle like an ODST, in one of their drop pods. But apart from that, your post has been QFT!

Yes that would be great!

A pelican will drop ammo crates containing a Rocket launcher w/ 50 Ammo clips if you beat the boss round! so that way the person in the passenger seat can wreak havok!

> > I watched it. Imagine Fire Fight on that Sandy Global Battle scene? when you spawn you get dropped off on a pelican with whatever weapons you set it to, and with a vehicle too?! Warthog running, killing choppers and ghost like a pro. if someone dies they just spawn right back on you.
> >
> > And then after 5 waves theirs a boss round and you need to destroy a scarab. OH MY GOD! 343 PLEASE DO THIS! PLEASE
>
> Instead of spawning with your buddies (sounds too easy to me), you should arrive into battle like an ODST, in one of their drop pods. But apart from that, your post has been QFT!

And also, before you get dropped off at your initial spawn, Each player should start off in the pelican with just a BR, and an assault rifle. You can have the choice of a Sniper Rifle, Rocket Launcher, or Splaser, all of which have been beefed up to contain more ammo (only for FF, like the Splaser will have 20 recharges, the rocket will have up to 20 extra missiles, but can be set up to spawn w/ 50, The sniper will have 50!

This is for when you play w/ 3 people, w/ no vehicles, you go out as a team of 3, one of them having a splaser, the other a Sniper for long range, and the other a rocket launcher for crowd control.

Another possibility would be 4 player co op over xbl on FF, you each spawn w/ a rocket w/ 50 clips in it, and a Splaser w/ Twenty, and you both go in a mongoose, as well as the other two go in their mongoose. Once you run out of ammo you guys will just switch off, and ammo and new mongooses will be dropped every round!

Microsoft ate all of it.

> Halo 3 they were originally going to add Global battle and Space battle similar to what they did to Halo Reach but more similar to firefight. It was removed from the final game probably due to the amount of pixels were used: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5tJfoR8nqI

Those are rapid prototypes for Reach using the Halo 3 engine, not content that was cut from Reach.

odst had plenty of mombasa