What engine are they using?

Will we get a new engine? Or will Halo 4 use Reach’s engine. Personally I hope it’s a new engine. =)

a more refined version of Reach’s engine

I think it’s a modified Reach engine.

I believe it is an optimized version of reach’s engine.

The same engine they’ve been using for every Halo title but Halo Wars, a modified version of the last Halo’s engine.

> The same engine they’ve been using for every Halo title but Halo Wars, a modified version of the last Halo’s engine.

Ah ok that’s what I kinda thought. Thanks for the info.

Heavily modified version of Reaches engine.

But the engine doesn’t dictate what the gameplay will be like so don’t worry if you didn’t like Reach

Halo 4 will use Reach’s. Reach used 3’s. 3 used 2’s. 2 used CE’s. :slight_smile:

So just because its using the Reach engine, don’t expect it to be a Reach clone :slight_smile:

> Halo 4 will use Reach’s. Reach used 3’s. 3 used 2’s. 2 used CE’s. :slight_smile:
>
> So just because its using the Reach engine, don’t expect it to be a Reach clone :slight_smile:

Evolution of halo.

better version of the other halo’s.

H4 = Reach 2
I try to be positive but its Hard with no info…

Wasn’t Halo: CE a different engine than the rest?

I’m sure it will be a tweaked version of the engine that’s been used for a while. Reach was technically Halo 3’s engine, just “pretty much” gutted a reworked.

It’s the Reach engine, but that has nothing to do with how the game plays. Halo 2 was based off the Halo 1 engine, Halo 3’s engine based off Halo 2’s, and Reach’s engine was based off of Halo 3’s engine. In short, Reach’s engine is just a super-modified version of the Halo 1 engine.

I’m pretty sure it’s using an optimized Reach engine.

the ground structure will be the old Halo Engine. But 343 will do more things with it.
Corrine Yu posted some little tidbits about it. Deferred lighting and more…

> H4 = Reach 2
> I try to be positive but its Hard with no info…

Quite possibly the most illogical, self-defeating post that has ever been witnessed on these forums, strong as the competition is.

Agreed. ^^

> > H4 = Reach 2
> > I try to be positive but its Hard with no info…
>
> Quite possibly the most illogical, self-defeating post that has ever been witnessed on these forums, strong as the competition is.

Don’t worry, I’m sure somebody will come along and take the first place once again soon enough… The Halo community keeps topping itself constantly anyway :wink:

So no one has a link to any actual information regarding what engine they are using we could say they are using a modified engine but we have no idea what engine they are using.

Here is some info about Corrinne Yu.

Corrinne Yu –Principal Engine Programmer on Halo 4 (Director of Technology of Gearbox Software, creator of Borderlands, Lead Engine Programmer of 3D Realms, creator of Prey, Director of Technology of ION Storm, creator of Deus Ex and Anachronox)

Why would they hire her just to use the same old engine when she could make an awesome new engine. I am hoping for a new engine myself and that is one of the things I am looking forward to finding out when 343i ever decides to share some information with the rest of us.