What else concerns me

OK so based on that blog about halo infinite it seems that the game might not come out til 2020 or later.Do you think an updated mcc and halo 5 and halo wars 2 without any new content will be enough to preoccupy the masses for that long?

No. I think one of the negatives of them pushing for gaming to become a monthly subscription service (gamespass) is that if I am going to pay a monthly gaming bill, I need new content regularly. I know gamepass isn’t a requirement, but they are really pushing it and looking at other services that seems to be the way the industry is going. Seems like that makes it harder for people to endure long waits between releases. Holiday 2020 is just too far away to keep me engaged. Plus even the xbox one x will likely have an update or replacement by then. Some of us will probably just take a break for a couple of years.

They need to give out updates for their games to keep people intrigued for what’s yet to come.

I would say 2020 will not keep a majority of the people content without new content. There is still plenty to do in the current games though, achievement hunting, collectible completion, SR 152, etc. Personally I will take the time to accomplish these goals while waiting for Infinite.

I think that with some work on the MCC going on right now, we see those updates by the winter of 2018. After that, I’d guess early 2019 for H6/Infinite beta playing…with a fall or winter 2019 release.

Mcc can scratch the halo urge, no interest in HW2 (still haven’t finished it) or H5 (come September it’ll have been a while year since I’ve played it). I’ll be playing other games for the most part however while I wait to see what H6 is. Still unsure if infinite really is “H6” or a side project, but if it is I think because of them changing engines, it’ll be further away than people thought unless 343 rushes things or they’re being very productive and getting stuff done for a 2019 release.

So for the mass: I think we already know the answer, the mass has already stopped playing the current games, all that’s left are the hardcore players.

> 2533274923562209;6:
> Mcc can scratch the halo urge, no interest in HW2 (still haven’t finished it) or H5 (come September it’ll have been a while year since I’ve played it). I’ll be playing other games for the most part however while I wait to see what H6 is. Still unsure if infinite really is “H6” or a side project, but if it is I think because of them changing engines, it’ll be further away than people thought unless 343 rushes things or they’re being very productive and getting stuff done for a 2019 release.
>
> So for the mass: I think we already know the answer, the mass has already stopped playing the current games, all that’s left are the hardcore players.

Infinite is halo 6,frank o Connor said it and halo halopedia says it follows chief after halo 5

> 2533274830166194;1:
> OK so based on that blog about halo infinite it seems that the game might not come out til 2020 or later.Do you think an updated mcc and halo 5 and halo wars 2 without any new content will be enough to preoccupy the masses for that long?

Honestly the wait wont bother me. I have enough to pre occupy me in the meantime with the wait. Espicialy since I get to satisfy my star wars battle fantasies on BFII. But I will be excited for Halo infinite. And honestly id rather wait patiently for a good quality game. Rather then a rushed game that will be low quality.

A 2020 release seems a bit much tbh…a late 2018 / early 2019 release doesn’t seem too farfetched in my mind.

When there isnt coming anything else the only hope is the mcc , it might be like a new game when the update will come. I cant play H5 for too long i fidn it fairly dull and boring and overall i dont like these movement enhancements etc

I mean, just having a trickle of news is keeping me going, lol. Have not played Halo 5 in a while, but I am also a busy person now.

> 2535429593088083;9:
> A 2020 release seems a bit much tbh…a late 2018 / early 2019 release doesn’t seem too farfetched in my mind.

It may seem a bit farfetched. To have a 2020 release. but from my POV. Its better to have a later release then it is a early release. This due in part to assure that 343 has truly learned from the mistakes of the past. As well as to give a quality halo Product. prime example of this. Look at halo 5. Halo 5 was literaly announced. Almost immediately if not a year after the release of halo 4. After its announcemtn and initial trailer. We were given a marketing campaign. That indicated choosing a side. That indicated we would eathier end up killing chief or killing locke. That we would have to hunt the truth. The end result was we got a campaign where that conflict resulted in one scene where it was not even a fight. But more of shoving contest. We also received a campaign that didn’t even focus on the master chief. Out of all missions we only played chief for four missions. Rest of the campaign was played as locke. The campaign was also one of the shortest campaigns I had ever played. Managing to get through legendary in under 3 hours. It was absurd and not well received or liked. Agian id prefer a 2020 release to assure we get a decent 8 to a possibly 10 hour campaign. Where I wont get through it in 3 hours.

TLDR: Lets receive a quality product that will give the player base and fans what they want vs a rushed product that will be half finished and anger the halo fans even more

With all the other games around, I dont see any problem. I tthink that when they release some information nearer to the release I believe it will get attention.

Otherwise, other Halo games are playable & the older ones can be repeated. Its not the first time that there hasnt been a Halo every year.
And there are many other kinds of games unless you exclusively play Halo.

Patience is a virtue & time will give better opportunity for better quality.

In my opinion I think if they give a weekly/monthly update on the progress, that will go a very long way to satiate the community. It will keep us interested in the development cycle, and bring many constructive discussions that will benefit both us and the developers. Especially if they throw us an in-game asset or concept art to have these disscusions over.

Also, if they were to tell us that as a way they appreciate the long standing members of the gaming community, is through in-game unlocks based on accomplishments through our Halo careers. It will most likely boost the population of current games. Bringing members together to create future fireteams and hype for “Infinite”.

> 2535429593088083;9:
> A 2020 release seems a bit much tbh…a late 2018 / early 2019 release doesn’t seem too farfetched in my mind.

If it was gonna come out this year they would have shown us more then just a new engine and would have given us a release date

LOL if it takes them until 2020, then Xbox is in a bad spot. Like I don’t even… 2020??? Holidays? That’s 2.5 years from now!!! Impossible. If they are that idiotic I guess it wouldn’t surprise me, this is -Yoink!- and 343i we talking about. I will lose interest 100% if it isn’t out by 2019