what doyouthinkisthe worst halo 3 multiplayer map?

because i really hate High ground so much because it’s way to cramped and no side really has a base and everything moves way to fast. the other maps I really like, valhalla i loved first time a played on it and the one covenant ice base was really fun too.

so what map do you hate the most from halo 3?

Yeah there is a difference between worst and hate. Im not sure what I would consider the worst but I always dreaded the Pit and I am not sure why. Actually I do, my performances there always sucked, but thats what Im not sure about but for some reason my gameplay suffered on that map (even though Im not terribly good to begin with). I played best on Snowbound but enjoyed Valhalla the most. It took awhile but I actually began to enjoy High Ground reasonably so.

> because i really hate High ground so much because it’s way to cramped and no side really has a base and everything moves way to fast. the other maps I really like, valhalla i loved first time a played on it and the one covenant ice base was really fun too.
>
> so what map do you hate the most from halo 3?

I have got to say its a tie between Epitaph and Avalanche, those maps simply did not compliment the Halo 3 weapon set at all. Epitaph was way too easy to dominate on, even the games that I royally crushed my opponents, I didn’t enjoy it. I never found the map to be very enjoyable. And what was with the psudo-symetricallity? Same goes for Avalanche, I think the thing I hated most was that there were power ups in totally random places in the middle of the fields where you would just get killed by vehicles if you tried to get one. Then Bungie tried to fix it by moving all of them, and then I couldn’t ever find them. That map was essentially the bane of my existence when in Halo 3 MM.

Any variation of Sandbox that was in matchmaking, or Standoff

Oh yeah standoff lol. That map was so horrible because there were like 4 warthogs that spawned every 10 seconds so everyone could ride around in circles on that map and kill everything.

Isolation,Epitaph,Snow Bound

Isolation and Snowbound. Everything else is alright and I have had some epic games on high ground and Valhalla

Sandtrap. Wasted potential.
The Elephants were all but useless. Ok, they could be used to create a more difficult way of grabbing the flag. But if every match starts by making the flag an awkward place to be, why not just build an awkward structure to place the flag on and let the Elephants run free?
The amount of wasted space on the edges… oh I wish they had given it a more canyon-feel to it. And driving an Elephant onto the Phantom wreckage, what the hell is up with the engine lag?
The actual playing field, I liked the 1-sidedness of the design but too many powerweapons for the vehicles when not playing heavy. 2 Snipers and 1 Laser instead of 2 lasers and 1 Sniper might have been more enjoyable, but that’s just me.

Isolation, definitely. Ghost Town is in the running though.

Epitaph.

There all better than the halo reach maps even though i think snowbound.

The answer is Epitaph.

Snowbound got Boundless and that wasn’t half bad unless you played Reach kids who exploit cheap things to sacrifice fun that camped the bottom bases.

High Ground is awful but at least you can have decent fights on the map unlike Epitaph.

Isolation played King very well and is unfairly put into the same category as these abortions.

The big team maps in Halo 3 were overall disappointing, but none of them were flat out bad for big team like pretty much all Reach maps besides Highlands, Utopie, and Tempest.

Ghost Town would be bad if our standard wasn’t so low thanks to the other awful maps. If that map came out in Halo 2 no one would ever go in that playlist, yet it was received averagely in Halo 3 because of the low expectations.

Epitaph is one of the pinnacles of Bungie’s incompetence in map design. It’s a lot like Reach in which there’s so much wrong with it it’s hard to put into words. Confusing design so players can’t distinguish sides from each other easily, forced close range -Yoink- with zero good lines of sight and shield doors to make sure you can’t do anything to stand out, rockets…It all showed they didn’t know how to take advantage of their gameplay, and that’s why the public rejected it.

I actually enjoyed Epitaph for objective and swat. For 4v4 slayer it obviously terrible, but for oddball it worked. It definitely wasn’t the best map we’ve seen in the series, but I’d take it over Isolation, Ghost Town, Foundry, Standoff (for 4v4 slayer), Snowbound, or half the Sandbox maps.

Thats a difficult question since some of the maps play differently on different gametypes. Epitath was fun for me on Multi-team but I never ran into it in Ranked Slayer or Social Slayer. I say the worst map is default Snowbound because most battles just go underground which is annoying and repetitive. But the Multi-team Crazy hill version of Snowbound is really fun with the ghost and etc.

i always thought epitaph was by far the worst. boundless BRs was ok as well as isolation but epitaph was never fun for me.

Snowbound and Epitaph. Sometimes I could tolerate Snowbound, but playing on Epitaph was always awful.

I dreaded isolation and snowbound. They were ALL good maps, just those two I always ended up not having fun on. I base my map likings on how good I did in SWAT on them. That’s why my favs are Ghost Town (getting killionare’s like a champ; watch out for the circular spawning), Narrows, and Rat’s Nest.

I would have to say the default foundry map. Although Foundry was perfect for forge, Bungie’s wasn’t the greatest to play slayer or oddball on.

people are going to hate me for this but ever since halo 3 originally came out, always hated valhalla. Don’t get me wrong, its great for 8v8 but a 4v4 team showdown on valhalla is horrible and the map is way too large for it. Plus the camping spot right behind the rock in the middle of the map just makes it better for sweats. Tho the map always looked gorgeous, playing on the map was total -Yoink!-, I cannot be alone with this opinion, am I?

> 2535431019336454;19:
> people are going to hate me for this but ever since halo 3 originally came out, always hated valhalla. Don’t get me wrong, its great for 8v8 but a 4v4 team showdown on valhalla is horrible and the map is way too large for it. Plus the camping spot right behind the rock in the middle of the map just makes it better for sweats. Tho the map always looked gorgeous, playing on the map was total -Yoink!-, I cannot be alone with this opinion, am I?

Please don’t revive old topics thanks, I’m sure there is a more recent thread on this