What don't you like about the Title Update and why?

I just want to know why people don’t like the title update. I think it’s the best thing to happen to Reach.

Because it made the OP DMR more OP. IMO everything that is useless now was useless pre-TU anyway, but I think people who don’t want to use the DMR and/or sprint (because they want “weapon variety”), are the most frustrated by it. Anyone who does, is ecstatic. It’s amazing how even with nerds crouching around with camo, wasting 2 rockets on AL kids, and jetpackers destroying your map control, the game still feels so much more like Halo just with 85% bloom, and bleed through.

> Because it made the OP DMR more OP. IMO everything that is useless now was useless pre-TU anyway, but I think people who don’t want to use the DMR and/or sprint (because they want “weapon variety”), are the most frustrated by it. Anyone who does, is ecstatic. It’s amazing how even with nerds crouching around with camo, wasting 2 rockets on AL kids, and jetpackers destroying your map control, the game still feels so much more like Halo just with 85% bloom, and bleed through.

I never use the DMR(unless I spawn with it in which case I switch it for a NR) and I don’t have trouble at all.

How on earth did you get to Inheritor without using the DMR…? Besides rockets, GL and sniper, it’s one of the best weapons in the game.

IMO it’s a sad time when people can play this game so much and not be good enough to even use the DMR. Honestly I would just get frustrated, you’d die so much.

> How on earth did you get to Inheritor without using the DMR…? Besides rockets, GL and sniper, it’s one of the best weapons in the game.
>
> IMO it’s a sad time when people can play this game so much and not be good enough to even use the DMR. Honestly I would just get frustrated, you’d die so much.

Perhaps I worded it incorrectly. I use the DMR. But I strongly prefer to use other weapons. Lol I don’t run around the map refusing to use the DMR.

i hate it because it changes reach from strategy to aggression but at the same time i like it because the change in gameplay actually fits with the maps.

the other problem being bleed through, but, settings can and should be experimented with to find an optimal solution.

> > Because it made the OP DMR more OP. IMO everything that is useless now was useless pre-TU anyway, but I think people who don’t want to use the DMR and/or sprint (because they want “weapon variety”), are the most frustrated by it. Anyone who does, is ecstatic. It’s amazing how even with nerds crouching around with camo, wasting 2 rockets on AL kids, and jetpackers destroying your map control, the game still feels so much more like Halo just with 85% bloom, and bleed through.
>
> I never use the DMR(unless I spawn with it in which case I switch it for a NR) and I don’t have trouble at all.

Do you like the bleedthrough aspect then? Or is it the AL/AC nerfs.

> > How on earth did you get to Inheritor without using the DMR…? Besides rockets, GL and sniper, it’s one of the best weapons in the game.
> >
> > IMO it’s a sad time when people can play this game so much and not be good enough to even use the DMR. Honestly I would just get frustrated, you’d die so much.
>
> Perhaps I worded it incorrectly. I use the DMR. But I strongly prefer to use other weapons. Lol I don’t run around the map refusing to use the DMR.

“I never use the DMR”… yeah I think you worded it wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

Because there’s a large group of people who don’t complain on the forums about how bad
the game is and they want it changed.

Just say 15% of halo fans complain and don’t like the game the way it is. The’re the
only people you see on the forums because they are complaining.

Then the other 85% of people are just playing halo happily.

(These percentages are made up^)

I am one of the people who was happy with the way reach was when it came out.

Its just opinion.

> > > Because it made the OP DMR more OP. IMO everything that is useless now was useless pre-TU anyway, but I think people who don’t want to use the DMR and/or sprint (because they want “weapon variety”), are the most frustrated by it. Anyone who does, is ecstatic. It’s amazing how even with nerds crouching around with camo, wasting 2 rockets on AL kids, and jetpackers destroying your map control, the game still feels so much more like Halo just with 85% bloom, and bleed through.
> >
> > I never use the DMR(unless I spawn with it in which case I switch it for a NR) and I don’t have trouble at all.
>
> Do you like the bleedthrough aspect then? Or is it the AL/AC nerfs.

Actually I like both. I really didn’t like for example: Player A shoots at Player B with AR. Player B sprints at Player A and Melees him/her. Player A’s shields drop and is instantly at an disadvantage and His/Her melee is the same power as Player B’s melee. It doesn’t seem fair to me because he put much more effort into killing his opponent, but all they did was melee twice. Sorry about the Player A and B crap but that’s how I feel about Bleedthrough. As for AL/AC nerfs, I rarely use the two but I feel getting stuck and still dying is a little over board. Don’t get me wrong I hate people that use AL, but it’s on borderline of useless now. The AC change doesn’t seem to drastic but then again I use it rarely.

> Actually I like both. I really didn’t like for example: Player A shoots at Player B with AR. Player B sprints at Player A and Melees him/her. Player A’s shields drop and is instantly at an disadvantage and His/Her melee is the same power as Player B’s melee. It doesn’t seem fair to me because he put much more effort into killing his opponent, but all they did was melee twice. Sorry about the Player A and B crap but that’s how I feel about Bleedthrough. As for AL/AC nerfs, I rarely use the two but I feel getting stuck and still dying is a little over board. Don’t get me wrong I hate people that use AL, but it’s on borderline of useless now. The AC change doesn’t seem to drastic but then again I use it rarely.

Completely understandable. I really think the main issues with the default melee is due to sprint and the slow kill times. After playing the MLG playlist with ZB and No Sprint, the melee system functions much better than default even though it’s a 4 shot + Melee kill. I still prefer bleedthrough with a 3 shot + Melee kill, but default is much more bearable with faster kill times and no sprint.

> > Actually I like both. I really didn’t like for example: Player A shoots at Player B with AR. Player B sprints at Player A and Melees him/her. Player A’s shields drop and is instantly at an disadvantage and His/Her melee is the same power as Player B’s melee. It doesn’t seem fair to me because he put much more effort into killing his opponent, but all they did was melee twice. Sorry about the Player A and B crap but that’s how I feel about Bleedthrough. As for AL/AC nerfs, I rarely use the two but I feel getting stuck and still dying is a little over board. Don’t get me wrong I hate people that use AL, but it’s on borderline of useless now. The AC change doesn’t seem to drastic but then again I use it rarely.
>
> Completely understandable. I really think the main issues with the default melee is due to sprint and the slow kill times. After playing the MLG playlist with ZB and No Sprint, the melee system functions much better than default even though it’s a 4 shot + Melee kill. I still prefer bleedthrough with a 3 shot + Melee kill, but default is much more bearable with faster kill times and no sprint.

Hmm thanks for the suggestion. I’ll have to try MLG next time.

I like nothing about any of it.
It broke halo reach into 60 little tiny peices then was glued back to geather by a dislexic person. < thats what the TU is

Should never ever have even been considered.
don’t take a game that works just fine and change it because of the buthurts saying
"armor lock is so stupid!!!1!!!111! or "Bloom is so stupid!!!11!1!!

Because its not halo reach. Its not the game i bought. Its a bad copy of halo 3, but i already bought that game too, 4 years ago. I moved on, many people didnt or couldnt and 343 in their incomprehensible wisdom decided to throw them a bone at my expense, along with everyone else who actually liked the game they bought.

I hope they dont regret their choice, cos theyve chosen to specifically cater to the one group of people in the community that are notoriously hard to please.

> don’t take a game that works just fine and change it

Wana know the funny part?

Halo worked fine for 10 years and then Reach came along and changed everything for the worse.

> Because its not halo reach. Its not the game i bought. Its a bad copy of halo 3, but i already bought that game too, 4 years ago. I moved on, many people didnt or couldnt and 343 in their incomprehensible wisdom decided to throw them a bone at my expense, along with everyone else who actually liked the game they bought.
>
> I hope they dont regret their choice, cos theyve chosen to specifically cater to the one group of people in the community that are notoriously hard to please.

You didn’t say why you didn’t like it. You just simply stated that’s it’s different from the game you bought.

Umm yes i did. Because now its a bad copy of halo 3. Did you miss that part.

> Because its not halo reach. Its not the game i bought. Its a bad copy of halo 3, but i already bought that game too, 4 years ago. I moved on, many people didnt or couldnt and 343 in their incomprehensible wisdom decided to throw them a bone at my expense, along with everyone else who actually liked the game they bought.
>
> I hope they dont regret their choice, cos theyve chosen to specifically cater to the one group of people in the community that are notoriously hard to please.

How did Reach move any closer to H3 than it did to the rest of the series? And are you really trying to tell me that just because the bloom was reduced to make the DMR consistent, AL and AC were “Rebalanced”, the sword is useful, and bleed through was added makes the game Halo 3? And if that does make it Halo 3, how does that not also make it Halo 2 or CE? In regards to the fundamental aspects of Halo, Reach still made more changes than has occurred between any other Halo.

AA’s in themselves fundamentally alter Halo as a whole. If you took H3 and added AA’s maybe then you could call it “H3.5”, but TU-Reach is in no way that. The skill gap was slightly increased, and the DMR is more consistent. That’s all that changed.

<mark>Oh and, 343 didn’t “cater” to anyone, 343 followed the vision that they have for Halo</mark>. They just started their changes early because of the complaints (very legitimate ones for anyone who is a veteran Halo player of skill), so that at least some of us who prefer Halo to play like Halo will have hope for Halo 4.

> i hate it because it changes reach from strategy to aggression but at the same time i like it because the change in gameplay actually fits with the maps.
>
> the other problem being bleed through, but, settings can and should be experimented with to find an optimal solution.

Lolwat? I’m not sure what you consider “strategy”, But the TU definitely increased the overall “strategy” needed. Simple strategies such as jet packing above everyone and reigning down from above, ALing for 5 seconds because you ran out by yourself, forgetting about sword yet killing someone who didn’t because you melee’d at the right time, sprinting up to someone and meleeing them twice, etc are far less effective now, meaning that you have to be more strategic about the way you play.

The less you and your opponents have at your disposal, and the more consistent and useful the things that you do have, the more strategy required to “outplay” your opponent. Sure there are more strategies the more things you have, but they are far more superficial. Adapting to different situations vs perfecting the one you’re in, are two totally different things, the latter requiring far more thought and skill.

Also, please argue with me, as I’m sure there are plenty of whole in this argument and it needs a lot of refining. So if you would so kindly <3

I like it. Not everything is good, but I still like it. I do find the over powered pistol to be annoying.