What does this mean?

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=31451

Looking over the response to last week’s words of “wisdom,” it appears I left off on a sour note. Or maybe it was more of a bittersweet chord. It’s hard for me to land on the right analogy here. I don’t have a musical bone in my body and I burned my taste buds down to tiny little superficial stumps in college during a dangerous, but spectacular hairspray immolation incident. Today, let’s wipe the taste out of your mouth with a sweet swab of what won’t be changing about your Bungie.net visitation rights in the weeks and months ahead. Let’s talk about stats, baby!Some of you are experiencing a little mild anxiety over the potential state of Halo stats after this year’s transition aftermath. What will become of my numerical legacy, Bungie? Will I still be able to ogle my Bungie.net Spartan model, Bungie? Where are my pants, Bungie? Relax. Every bloody bit of your Post Game Carnage, including access to our robust suite of statistics, your Service Record, and your personal File Share access will remain safely housed right here on Bungie.net for a good, long time to come.

And you’re actually still wearing your pants. Look down.

Forums are a slightly different story. I’ve been threatening Frankie with a plan to pump the raging river of Reach posts directly into the gentle waters of halo.xbox.com. We might be accustomed to the effervescent spray of polite insight that splashes up over our prow (and into our faces), but seeing as playlist support will be out of our hands, we’ll likely prune some of our forums to avoid any undue confusion over who’s at the helm of the ironclad USS Support. The final roster of forums isn’t set in stone yet, but you should be prepared to see us wind down on this front. The pruning won’t happen in the immediate short term, but certainly before the year is out.

What does that mean?

Im pretty sure it means what it says XD.

I think it means these forums are about to get a lot more crowded. O_o

It means that these forums might get a little bit busier. Some people will go to other websites. Some will stay.

GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER!

…and we’ll all welcome any new members, showing them the same courtesy that you received when you joined. :wink:

Together, we can all set an example for what our community stands for. Together, we can show all new members just how friendly this home truly is.

> …and we’ll all welcome any new members, showing them the same courtesy that you received when you joined. :wink:

They’re coming out of the -Yoink- walls!

> > …and we’ll all welcome any new members, showing them the same courtesy that you received when you joined. :wink:
>
> They’re coming out of the -Yoink- walls!

Woot! Awesome scene is awesome!

I feel like this is a movie hahaha. I mean what I’m about to say seriously.

I come from the Bungie forums, used to be a grand town, right at the heart of Halo, success and all. But things got shaky recently… indeed they did. People complainin’, storms brewin’ about and fights between users, trolls all around… it’s frightening. I give this as a warning. BEWARE!

Really though I don’t think anything bad will happen at all. The forums aren’t that bad but they aren’t great anymore. I wouldn’t be surprised if this place has the same issues after the movement though :confused:

I would be really disappointed to see the so called community migrate here. I’ve been very fed up with Bungie’s Reach forum as of late… there is next to no discussion going on there. It’s all about personal attacks and arguments.

I’m very happy with how courteous things are here. I don’t want it to change!

Well, we’ll need lots of firepower if we are going to handle them.

Xbox is now Handling Bnet forums for Halo and the transfer will not be 100% complete till the end of the year.

Thats what it means.

> It’s all about personal attacks and arguments.
>
> I’m very happy with how courteous things are here. I don’t want it to change!

I agree with you. I’m new to the Waypoint forums, but no stranger to Bungies, and I’m actually a bit surprised how normal and friendly people seem here. Let’s hope the Bungie forumtrolls and mockingbirds won’t join Waypoint for a while yet…

But the bigger a forum grows, the more out of control it gets.

> …and we’ll all welcome any new members, showing them the same courtesy that you received when you joined. :wink:
>
> Together, we can all set an example for what our community stands for. Together, we can show all new members just how friendly this home truly is.

I’m getting a t-shirt with this printed on it.

Seriously though, ElusiveEagle is bang-on. I understand that people are a little nervous, givin the rather negative atmosphere in bungie’s forums. But it is up to us to prevent the Waypoint forums from heading in the same direction. Show newcommers curtisy and respect, and most of them will do the same. The select few jerks will quickly move on or change their tune when they see flaming and trolling doesn’t go over well on these forums.

I will welcome them
I believe that if we follow the rules and us (The original folk before the B.net folk come) stay the site will still be great.

> > It’s all about personal attacks and arguments.
> >
> > I’m very happy with how courteous things are here. I don’t want it to change!
>
> I agree with you. I’m new to the Waypoint forums, but no stranger to Bungies, and I’m actually a bit surprised how normal and friendly people seem here. Let’s hope the Bungie forumtrolls and mockingbirds won’t join Waypoint for a while yet…
>
> But the bigger a forum grows, the more out of control it gets.

Personally I hate Bungie forums, the admins and the moderators are corrupt beyond recovery. The trolls are haroanging to an unbearable level, and the topics are really lame. 1-50, Armor Lock, etc.

I midas well talk to my wall!

I would like to be a moderator here though, after I saw what those …guys do over there I know not to over use a little bit of power lol.

In a lot of ways I am new to all of this: new to online gaming, new to waypoint, new to the idea of noob. It has been a couple of months since I started playing Halo online, and I started with Halo Reach. I decided to check out Bungie.net, and discovered so much negativity I was a little taken aback . I just didn’t understand what all the fuss was about, and why so many people hate Al’s, or spamming the trigger, or reticule bloom. So I set about to educate myself, and discovered that despite the changes from game to game I will keep going back to play. I decided not to engage the trolls, and attributed my love for the game, to being what is called a noob, and went from there.

Then I delved, and found the forums and this community, whom I must say, have helped strengthen my interest in this franchise. Don’t get me wrong I had enough interest to keep playing on my own, but now it is more about community play. I am blown away by the possibility, and all the ways I can improve and expand my experience.

As a result, I fully intend to help in any way I can, when this community expands and changes to encompass those from BNet, I will pass on my love for the Halo Universe. When the trolls come along, which they inevitably will, I will do what I have been doing up to this point, be patient and amused and not allow them to influence my own opinions of the game.

Familiarity will be replaced with itself, although it will be on an entirely different level.

> Well, we’ll need lots of firepower if we are going to handle them.

I was over at the Reach forums last night. Someone said that everyone would enjoy Reach if they played with friends. I said, “well, of course, anything is better with friends. Bench-sitting is better with friends. That’s a given” The result? 3-4 guys accused me of being a sosiopath with no friends whom despises contact with other humans. I am also, appearantly, a 10-year old brat.

Shrugs

> In a lot of ways I am new to all of this: new to online gaming, new to waypoint, new to the idea of noob. It has been a couple of months since I started playing Halo online, and I started with Halo Reach. I decided to check out Bungie.net, and discovered so much negativity I was a little taken aback . I just didn’t understand what all the fuss was about, and why so many people hate Al’s, or spamming the trigger, or reticule bloom. So I set about to educate myself, and discovered that despite the changes from game to game I will keep going back to play. I decided not to engage the trolls, and attributed my love for the game, to being what is called a noob, and went from there.
>
> Then I delved, and found the forums and this community, whom I must say, have helped strengthen my interest in this franchise. Don’t get me wrong I had enough interest to keep playing on my own, but now it is more about community play. I am blown away by the possibility, and all the ways I can improve and expand my experience.
>
> As a result, I fully intend to help in any way I can, when this community expands and changes to encompass those from BNet, I will pass on my love for the Halo Universe. When the trolls come along, which they inevitably will, I will do what I have been doing up to this point, be patient and amused and not allow them to influence my own opinions of the game.

This makes me so happy to hear.

Although I come here from a very different background (I’ve been a massive Halo fan since day 1), I completely share your feelings about the Waypoint community. In some ways, it is even more important that you, as a relative newcomer, feel this way.

As long as we have people who share your attitude participating in these forums, we have nothing to worry about :slight_smile: