What does one do when pinned on one base?

Imagine this: you got rushed, or your opponent seized map control early, and he’s trapped you on your starting base. If you turtle, you’re gonna get steamrolled due to a lack of economy. If you try to push out, you’ll get stomped since the enemy army outmatches you. If you try to sneak an expansion, it’ll get spotted and interrupted. And if you try and do hit-and-run raids, your enemy will kill your base because your army is not all at home defending.

What do you do in that situation? Resign?

Make it a resignation that they will always remember.

Push them with all of you your units, if that doesn’t work you could honorably click Recycle HQ.

> 2533274796391115;2:
> Make it a resignation that they will always remember.

You’re the MVP Fungus

While still in-game, tell them how you really feel with an appropriately worded - but firm - message. Call on their sportsmanship and integrity and demand they resign, if they have any measure of human decency.

Hover over your main and enter this cheat code:

> A, DOWN, A, A

> 2533274821521504;6:
> Hover over your main and enter this cheat code:
>
>
> > A, DOWN, A, A

I heard that this results in an explosive, match ending upgrade.

Use the cheat code on the main base. Once in a while, if it was a good envenly matched game, I will not produce anything anymore and take the beating like a man lol.

Start spamming as many Marines/Grunts as you can and entertain yourself by watching how well they do when the enemy finally comes round to rinse you.

> 2535405380102010;9:
> Start spamming as many Marines/Grunts as you can and entertain yourself by watching how well they do when the enemy finally comes round to rinse you.

So… you’re telling me there’s a chance. Lol

> 2535409067250374;10:
> > 2535405380102010;9:
> > Start spamming as many Marines/Grunts as you can and entertain yourself by watching how well they do when the enemy finally comes round to rinse you.
>
> So… you’re telling me there’s a chance. Lol

Every grunt dies…
Few grunts truly live

> 2533274803523823;1:
> Imagine this: you got rushed, or your opponent seized map control early, and he’s trapped you on your starting base. If you turtle, you’re gonna get steamrolled due to a lack of economy. If you try to push out, you’ll get stomped since the enemy army outmatches you. If you try to sneak an expansion, it’ll get spotted and interrupted. And if you try and do hit-and-run raids, your enemy will kill your base because your army is not all at home defending.
>
> What do you do in that situation? Resign?

Throw the xbox out of the window.

I had a 1v1 vs Serina on frontier and had map control all game, they sat at their base with watchtowers, kodiaks, siege turrets which rinsed my flamehogs. I had to quickly switch to air.

all they had was an army of kodiaks, bison, frost ravens, nightingales and siege turrets.

the game dragged out for 37 minutes lol so annoying

I will admit, the question was very serious so I’ll respond with a serious answer, but to all those people who just said: cheat code A down A A. You go chuckle from me, now, on to my answer.
If you’re pinned and the enemy player is a pro, you pretty much have no chance, he has a better economy, better army, and all around your screwed, but if they’re new or are just bad then here’s a few tips.

1. Turtling: If they’re bad then they’ll hesitate over whether to attack or not, not knowing if they can beat your army(which they can easily) so the best thing to do is build turrets and whatever unit counters them, they’re going air? Lots of wolverines, reavers, or plasma torpedo banshees, and don’t waste a second, every second you waste the shorter time is until he attacks your base.
    2: Lolzies: better known as the,“whatever strategy”. Use this if you don’t care about what happens and you want to squeeze the last bit of fun out of the match and just train mass units and make the unit the most ridiculous unit out there, for instance, mass snipers, kodiaks, blister backs, etc. Even though you lose, you’ll have fun doing so
    3: Desperation: Ok, this is a last ditch effort after either turtling doesn’t work or you don’t think it’ll work, if you can, train the fastest units you can with the appropriate resources, low on supplies and power? Train mass scout units, have a lot of supplies? Then train the more viable option that is banshee’s or hornet’s, forget about the hero. This strategy is much more viable if you’re banished because choppers are better than jack rabbits and same with hornets and banshees. Anyway, as soon as you have you’re army together, try to down a lane that your enemy doesn’t have sight on and go for one of their bases, if it doesn’t have turrets on it, go for it first but just going for a base is a good idea, if your opponent is bad then he’ll go with his instinct and go to defend his base getting them off your doorstep and allowing you to expand. If he doesn’t and instead decides to kill your base, then kill his base, and claim it allowing you to have a base and not be eliminated. If you do this strategy correctly and the enemy plays like you want them to, you will not only have gotten them off your back, but now you have them on the ropes, killing all of their bases while their slow army tries to go all the way across the map, if you see their army finally reach you, since you have much faster units, run away to another of their bases or just away from them, unless you think you can take them.

Hope this helped, like I said theres not much you can do, I’d like to know if you tried these strategies out and saw success with them, but either way, just remember losing is required to get better, no person on any top ten or top 3 leaderboard got success without failure :smiley:

> 2533274803523823;1:
> Imagine this: you got rushed, or your opponent seized map control early, and he’s trapped you on your starting base. If you turtle, you’re gonna get steamrolled due to a lack of economy. If you try to push out, you’ll get stomped since the enemy army outmatches you. If you try to sneak an expansion, it’ll get spotted and interrupted. And if you try and do hit-and-run raids, your enemy will kill your base because your army is not all at home defending.
>
> What do you do in that situation? Resign?

I always build a scout early. you Gotta see the rush coming and prep accordingly. Even if they manage to pull it off a good attack, ive managed to some how lock down some Cyclops and come back with the turrets holding it down as long as they can.

Best way to prep against a rush is to scout and prepare.

My build always include a scout, yours should too.

Build a Supply, Tower, Jack or Chopper, in that order at the start of your game, EVERY TIME. Send that scout to their base and pay attention to their build order. Those buildings tell the early game story. And ultimately give you your options of how you should play.

Beg for the sweet release of death

Keep your army slightly away from your base, so that when he attacks, you can ambush his army. It’s better than letting them sit perfectly vulnerable for a leader power attack.