What does Hitscan do?

I always hear people talking about it and how they are glad it is returning to Halo 4, but i have no idea what it is. Would anyone care to explain?

IDK what it means either. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hitscan essentially is a gaming mechanic. To put it simply hitscan means the moment you press the trigger the bullet hits the enemy. The opposite of this is something like bullet time (or whatever its called) where the bullet actually has to make contact with the enemy

To give an example think of this

Hitscan = Halo 2 BR, or Halo Reach DMR

No Hitscan = Plasma Rifle, or Needler

> Hitscan essentially is a gaming mechanic. To put it simply hitscan means the moment you press the trigger the bullet hits the enemy. The opposite of this is something like bullet time (or whatever its called) where the bullet actually has to make contact with the enemy

This pretty much explains it but to put it in simpler terms, if you shoot someone when your reticle is over them, the shot will register as hit. You don’t have to lead your shots and shoot in front of them and have them run into your bullets.

> To give an example think of this
>
> Hitscan = Halo 2 BR, or Halo Reach DMR
>
> No Hitscan = Plasma Rifle, or Needler

Which explains why the needler is godly on good connection and horrid at other times.

If a weapon is hitscan, then rounds fired from the weapon travel instantaneously. Example: DMR

This is opposed to a weapon that calculates the trajectory of the rounds and then applies it over time. Example: Halo 3 BR

As stated above, hitscan weapons have instant travel time.

Advantages of hitscan weaponry (generally) include faster gameplay and less trouble registering shots during periods of lag.

Google
Is
Your
Friend

> Google
> Is
> Your
> Friend

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hitscan

> > Google
> > Is
> > Your
> > Friend
>
> LMGTFY - Let Me Google That For You

lmgtfy is basically saying:
" you are too lazy to use Google, so i will use it for you"

while in my terms, i’m simply saying “Google is your friend”, which means “Try using Google for any questions you have”

which sounds nicer?