What do you want to see next in Infinite?

After the E3 2021 reveal trailer for halo infinite which I really really liked and I’m hyped for it. Im hoping for next thing in Infinite is that a demo gameplay like a 8 minute one for the multiplayer and know when fighting will start. I also hope I see a new campaign demo to see the new looks and updates compared to last year like the new brute looks and more.

What do you wanna see next?

> 2533274879721941;1:
> After the E3 2021 reveal trailer for halo infinite which I really really liked and I’m hyped for it. Im hoping for next thing in Infinite is that a demo gameplay like a 8 minute one for the multiplayer and know when fighting will start. I also hope I see a new campaign demo to see the new looks and updates compared to last year like the new brute looks and more.
>
> What do you wanna see next?

I honestly don’t want a campaign demo. I would rather just have more multiplayer information and a flight.

I would like a bit of a breakdown showcase of how the campaign will be played, how will the open world elements work? What types of things can we do in “upgrades”? etc etc

As much as I want to know more about the Halo Infinite campaign levels, I don’t want 343 Industries to reveal too much in the next trailers or gameplay footage. Personally, I don’t want the upcoming Halo Infinite to make the same mistakes that Warner Bros did with the Batman vs Superman movie especially when it comes to showing too much in the trailers. After seeing the Halo Infinite trailers, 343 Industries did a really good job of not showing too much in the trailers.

> 2533274947805189;3:
> I would like a bit of a breakdown showcase of how the campaign will be played, how will the open world elements work? What types of things can we do in “upgrades”? etc etc

I honestly would rather go in blind and get that all at once. We know waaay to much information these days going into games. It ruins the first experience significantly IMO.

I wanna see what modes we’re looking at for launch

A boss fight with a guardian.

I just want a FLIGHT

Flights.

I would like you to focus a bit on talking about PVE mode, if they will bring back Warzone or Firefitgh, or if they have new game modes thought for the future.

Oh… I have a list… well in my head.
Though I fear it would be to much of a text wall sooo.
Heres a " few " wishes…

1: Can we have the DMR back??
It fits in and even if its overlapping. Well then you have it as a SIDEGRADE. Always room to adjust some stats to make it fit, NO excuse to excluse.

So… Lets take the range of the different human weapons at least and where the DMR could fit.

From Short to Long range: Short: Bulldog/ M** —> Short-Medium: AR 40 —> SideK/ M —> Medium: Commando —>Medium-Long: DMR —> Long Range:Sniper Rifle
Damage, Rate Of Fire, Magazine Capacity, Max ammo, reload speed and so on are also important factors to consider. To say it shortly, the DMR could have 12- 15 shots, more dmg than the Commando, bit slower rate of fire, well sem- auto as before, faster reload speed, less max ammo since less in magazine. No bloom, so noone goes ape about that… again. Makes sens not to have, since you are a super soldier.

2: Flood Firefight, survival.
i had this idea in notepad somewhere and thread also, were I detailed how it could turn out.
BUT, anyway. In the first stages you fight a tsunami of Flood Pod infectors ( infection form is umbrella term, since spore infection form are another method ), some carriers etc. Later on, combat fomrs, pureforms like juggernaught and what have you not. Wave bosses could be the wors imaginable flood forms. Any flood form from Halo CE, 2, 3, Halo wars 1& 2 ( except those that were natvie to the shield world of HW1 ) could be in.
If you get INFECTED. Your spartan should transform in dybamic REAL time. Puss, gore and body horror galore. Your past self armor parts, color coating etc will stick to the new flood form. Now, theres an option. You could either watch in standard spectator mode and watch your shocked teammates continue on and put down your misery OR
you can take control of your new form and try to infect the rest of your past comrades.
Room for a couple Flood Firefight modes just from that.
Vehicles, power weapons and equipment, power ups etc could be a thing but not too common and added as rewards after maybe each round or so, depending on what it is.
After 1 round you get sent drop capsules ( those Halo 2 one ) wiht weapons and ammo, maybe health even. After 5, 10 rounds you get sent a vehicle after a pelican finally manage to bypass say anit air flood structures you have to take down.

3: Let individual armor colors and friend or foe hud outlines and sprint/ climb/ slide etc be DEFAULT.
Dont bend over for otherwise.
For classic forced team colors, no FRoFO outlines and no advanced movement. Have Classic casual/ competive playlists for THAT. Either as montly, seasonal or mostly permanent playlists or even just for Competive play.
The catch is… then folks wont be participating in the mp of Halo: I as intended. Even bleeding those players off to the MCC mp. Not that its an inherintly bad thing. But splitting the player base by the above based features might hurt the mp more than woth it. I bet 343 have figured out a nice compromise solution.

I find that armor coatings could FURTHER be improvised with letting players change the armor coatings color details wiht Primary, Secondary and Tertiary color channels.
The best of both worlds. Maybe have that be gameplay UNLOCKED after a certain rank or something.
The HUD color customizable outlines is IMO very good!
Why? Lore wise it fits. I mean… in the books, as far as I could tell. Blue team, Red team, Black team, didnt have their armor dyed after their team. It was just in the name. Alright, fair, i guess Black team was an exception. They were unique.
Not least, folks with color blindness, difficulties will find good use of being able to customize FrOFo outlines. I have a few friends which were very happy to hear about that change, so kudos 343!

4: As with the rumored Magnum 6D and my wish for a return of the DMR. Have other weapons AND vehicles make a return. Gradually, for balance sake, especially for MP, this is important and especially especially for Competive play.

5: Playable Sangheili elites. Maybe even Jiralhanae brutes. With pure playlists, mixed playlists ( spartans vs elites, elites vs brutes, brutes vs spartans even elites vs elites and brutes vs brutes ) And everything that comes with such new species added. Make them DIFFERENT int stats, yet balanced.
Elites could have more health, no health regen, much stronger shields than spartans and brutes. more agile overall. Brutes could be the beefiest, have tons of health, slower health regen than spartans, very weak to no shields at all, generally slower move speed.

6: Left handednes. No, not just controller scheme but HUD wise aswell. Reverse engineer/ mirror everything that is but well make sure text, details arent mirrored that it looks just copied. If I want to be a Southpaw, make it fully possible so. Would love that, 343. At least It seems at least some Jackals are left handed again… so thats something.

7: Expand the Campaign in the future. From different perspectives. Banished and other factions. Even make a Flood survival horror like add-on, dlc. You have no idea 343 how much fans want that, or maybe you do? Well take your time and make it happen in the years to come. Wooo!

Long post I know.
Cheers!

1 Like

Terminals…
Need more lore

That’s easy Split screen local multiplayer like the old classic Halo games where me and 3 of my friends can all play on one tv like the old days. That made for some classic game nights! I’m sure a lot of others feel the same way.

I’d like to see a campaign demo playable for us.

I’d like footage of a full btb match where we see the options that have for customs.

Any indication of a firefight be nice.

Forge at RTX I assume.

Actual gameplay of MP and or Campaign not just supercuts overlay devs talking. I want to see pros actually get their hands on it. Either way, Halo Infinite and Battlefield 6 are going to the main 2 games I play for quite some time.

Yes we saw campaign last year, but that was before they basically re-skinned everything.

Forge.

Scripting.

API.

> 2585548714655118;16:
> Forge.
>
> Scripting.
>
> API.

I don’t get the impression this is a wishlist thread as opposed to more of a what section of game do you want 343i to show next .

> 2535411919953126;17:
> > 2585548714655118;16:
> > Forge.
> >
> > Scripting.
> >
> > API.
>
> I don’t get the impression this is a wishlist thread as opposed to more of a what section of game do you want 343i to show next .

Are they not sections of the game?

> 2585548714655118;18:
> > 2535411919953126;17:
> > > 2585548714655118;16:
> > > Forge.
> > >
> > > Scripting.
> > >
> > > API.
> >
> > I don’t get the impression this is a wishlist thread as opposed to more of a what section of game do you want 343i to show next .
>
> Are they not sections of the game?

Scripting and API are not dedicated sections in existing halos no. At least not in a traditional sense. Saw a couple people post like wishlist stuff like that. Features that we can’t rightly expect to be launch features seeing as they are not previously established pillars of the conventional halo experience. OP didn’t seem to be asking for dream features. Rather just what part of the game you’d like to see showcased next. Just quoted you because you were the last one I read. I’d love those features but it didn’t seem to be the right thread for that sort of conjecture is all.

> 2535411919953126;19:
> > 2585548714655118;18:
> > > 2535411919953126;17:
> > > > 2585548714655118;16:
> > > > Forge.
> > > >
> > > > Scripting.
> > > >
> > > > API.
> > >
> > > I don’t get the impression this is a wishlist thread as opposed to more of a what section of game do you want 343i to show next .
> >
> > Are they not sections of the game?
>
> Scripting and API are not dedicated sections in existing halos no. At least not in a traditional sense. Saw a couple people post like wishlist stuff like that. Features that we can’t rightly expect to be launch features seeing as they are not previously established pillars of the conventional halo experience. OP didn’t seem to be asking for dream features. Rather just what part of the game you’d like to see showcased next. Just quoted you because you were the last one I read. I’d love those features but it didn’t seem to be the right thread for that sort of conjecture is all.

Hardly conjecture.

Forge is a big one. And I feel scripting could be considered a traditional part of that. And it just happens to be the part I am most interested in.

The API I acknowledge is a bit out of left field. I was late to the party for Halo 5 but have had a lot of fun poking around in the back. I look forward to what comes next.