What do you want in the next Halo.

Post here what you would like to see in the next halo.

Musical themes and style inspired by and taken directly from the original trilogy.

Aesthetics and visual style, including the models of pre-existing weapons, enemies, armour, and vehicles, taken from and inspired by the original trilogy.

Weapon and vehicle audio of pre-existing weapons taken from and inspired by (you know the drill) the original trilogy.

A UI combining the best trait’s of Halo 2’s, Halo 3’s, ODST’s, and Reach’s.

Innovation that doesn’t come at the cost of the important core Halo gameplay that was gutted in Reach and to a greater extent, 4.

All I can say about Campaign is that I want it to be higher in quality and length than Halo: CE’s, Halo 2’s, Halo 3’s, and ODST’s combined. Skull hunting and lots of clever easter eggs and exploration, too. Make Easy easy like it used to be. It’s supposed to be a walk in the park, not Halo 2’s equivalent of Normal.

Halo 3 vehicle gameplay was the best, I’d like a return to that, physics and health systems and all.

MORE CUSTOM GAMES OPTIONS. I should be able to replicate Halo: CE, Halo 2, or Halo 3 down to the last tiny detail if I want to. Have weapon customization, include every weapon and vehicle from the series in Customs and Forge. DON’T NEGLECT CUSTOMS AND FORGE AGAIN.

To work alongside Forge (which should have Reach’s efficiency and 3’s fun aspect), an actual proper map editor superior to and easier to use that of Far Cry 3 should be impleneted, as well as a custom games browser.

Fix Matchmaking. Seriously. It’s a mess. I hate to say it as it’s been said over and over again, but it needs a proper, viable ranking system with an incentive to win. Halo 3, despite its flaws, had this. Its successors did not.

Oh, and can we pleeeease return to arena-style gameplay? THANKS. That’s all I have to say for now. Is my list of demands unrealistic enough?

PS. Flood, a deeper story like Halo 2’s, good and bad members of the same species, Covies talking in English, more cinematic cutscenes, etc.

OH AND A FREAKING COVENANT-THEMED MULTIPLAYER MAP PLEASE. Or at least the tools to make one ourselves.

In the next Halo I’d like to see:

• More smaller scale arena maps as Halo 4 lacked them at the start.
  • A definite split between competitive and social playlists.
  • A ranking system that is actually something to brag about (i.e.: not about how much you play but instead how good you are).
  • A tone down on aim assist as this game doesn’t require you to even be aware of your opponent to get a “headshot” on them.

I would NOT like to see:

• A faulty file sharing system.
  • A HUD that holds the players hand and stops the player from having to learn weapon placement and timing.
  • Tactical Packages and Support Upgrades which makes the game feel random and inconsistent.
  • Sprint as it doesn’t punish players for making silly errors and dumbs down the overall player skill.

What Halo need is something that speaks to Halo fans everywhere. Like have Competitive Arena, ODST Firefight, Spartan Ops, Race, Flood, Simulation Space Battles, Massive Multiplayer Warzone with Human vs. Covenant War or something like the Deliver Hope, We Are ODST, Halo 3: Believe Videos.

If anything, I just don’t want to see a copy-and-pasted Halo 3. That’d truly be making a CoD clone.

But that’s a different topic for a different thread. Lemme tell you what i DO want:
-A working file share system
-Both classic and Infinity playlists
-AA’s reduced to map pickups (some like AT are fine as spawn)
-NO PERKS
-The Wilhelm Scream as an easter egg
-better armor designs
-Loadouts with only basic weapons

That’s all I can think of right now.

I agree with Lehnaru to the most part.

However, I respect the new musical direction 343i is taking and I think it is good enough to stay.

But for God’s sake, don’t put annoying sounds in the game. It was a pain in the -Yoink- driving the Warthog just because of the sound it was making.

And please, use the old models again. The new Elites look awful, monstrous and they seem like mindless savages rather then the honorable, intelligent and civilized race they are.

-Continue with Davidge as the main composer. Salta and the other guy will also compose

-Co-op Matchmaking

-Improved Firefight with a variety of gamemodes with full matchmaking support

-Improved Spartan Ops

-Post-Launch Campaign DLC

-Hugeass Campaign

-Campaign to be a mix of Halo 4 and CE (Gameplay wise)

-Expanded Cutstomization (put your emblem anywhere, more weapon skins)

-No Brian Reed

More vehicles and less power weapons.

> I agree with Lehnaru to the most part.
>
> However, I respect the new musical direction 343i is taking and I think it is good enough to stay.
>
> But for God’s sake, don’t put annoying sounds in the game. It was a pain in the -Yoink!- driving the Warthog just because of the sound it was making.
>
> And please, use the old models again. The new Elites look awful, monstrous and they seem like mindless savages rather then the honorable, intelligent and civilized race they are.

1. Absolutely.

2. Mixed on this. I prefer the Human weapon sounds in 4. As for the rest of the sounds for vehicles and Covy weapons, well I do not hate them, but I would not miss them either.

3. I like the new look to be honest. Opinions aside though, that IS how they are supposed to look. They are supposed to be monstrous savages because they are a militia of hyper religious farmers. If I am correct, they did not even know The War even ended. I do hope to see the Arbiter and his Elites though. They could go back and base their armors off older designs.

I would like to see:

1. No loadouts. If loadouts are included then certainly not perks, boltshot, plasma pistol and plasma grenades in the loadouts.

2. Improved level design. Campaign levels were too linear and the non-DLC maps were annoying to play. It felt like there were 9001 corners everywhere and you couldn’t have a resting place because every section of the map had gazillion gaps someone could shoot from no matter where they were. So basically, the default multiplayer maps were too complex for the gameplay.

3. No new one-hit-kill weapons. We have already got too many weapons like that. It might sound like a nice way to promote the use of power weapons but it’s very annoying to die so many times due to OHK weapons. Not to mention those are annoying to balance in custom games if you want slower killtimes.

4. Make the characters look more similiar to Halo CE, 2, 3 and Reach than to Halo 4. Pretty much all of the characters in Halo 4 looked very ugly in a bad way.

5. Public Custom Matches. It would replace Social playlist and it would have a server browser instead of using matchmaking system.

6. No K/D and W/L ratios. I don’t want to see players who just stack their precious little K/D ratios in objective playlists or play with parties only so their W/L ratios are better.

7. Something else I forgot

> Aesthetics and visual style, including the models of pre-existing weapons, enemies, armour, and vehicles, taken from and inspired by the original trilogy.

Yes.

> Weapon and vehicle audio of pre-existing weapons taken from and inspired by (you know the drill) the original trilogy.

Yes.

> A UI combining the best trait’s of Halo 2’s, Halo 3’s, ODST’s, and Reach’s.

Yep.

> All I can say about Campaign is that I want it to be higher in quality and length than Halo: CE’s, Halo 2’s, Halo 3’s, and ODST’s combined. Skull hunting and lots of clever easter eggs and exploration, too. Make Easy easy like it used to be. It’s supposed to be a walk in the park, not Halo 2’s equivalent of Normal.

This.

Skulls hidden along the path AND activated when you pick them up (like in Halo 2), less easter eggs featuring hidden weapons that already appear later in the mission, and less soft kill zones.

<mark>We also need overshields from Black Eye skull. Remember when skulls were about fun and not solely difficulty?</mark>

It’s absurd how vulnerable Chief is in Halo 4. Such a downgrade.

> Halo 3 vehicle gameplay was the best, I’d like a return to that, physics and health systems and all.

Had the most consistent vehicle-related splatter, at least in Campaign.

I wish the exit times was faster, like in Halo 1 and Halo 2.

> good and bad members of the same species, Covies talking in English

More factions = more interesting battles

Covies talking in English is a must.

I really enjoyed firefight from Halo Reach and was disappointed when it didn’t make it into Halo 4, although I enjoyed Spartan Ops just as much. I also really enjoy forging in both Halo Reach and Halo 4, and I have built a variety of bases in both games. The only problem with forge is after I complete a base I have nobody to use it against.

My suggestion is to create an option where you can combine firefight and forge in the next Halo game. For example, a player could customize his/her own base (including weapons, vehicles, and other items) and then use the base to fend off an army of covenant. He/she could also build their own custom map to use in firefight if they wanted to do so. If this addition is not possible I would at least recommenced that the next Halo include the option to battle AI in Custom Game. Therefore, players could just build a base/map in forge and then save it as a custom map in order to battle computer generated enemies.

Another suggestion I have is to give players an unlimited budget and set no limit on the items they can use in forge. This would allow players to built more complex maps and bases without restricting their creativity. This should also be applied to the forge/firefight mode if it is added.

I would also like to see the Hornet from Halo 3 and the Falcon from Halo Reach return in the next Halo. I felt that is was unfair to the UNSC to have no flying vehicles to combat the banshee in Halo 4. Also, I personally thought it was fun to fly these vehicles around and would like to be able to use them in the next Halo. I would also appreciate if you would bring back Forge World from Reach because I felt that Halo 4′s forge maps were too compact.

Lastly, I suggest keeping loadouts, ordinances, and the ability to sprint from Halo 4.

A good, less Halsey-bashy campaign.

> A good, less Halsey-bashy campaign.

Agreed, heck return the favor by showing even more flaws in the S-IVs!

> > A good, less Halsey-bashy campaign.
>
> Agreed, heck return the favor by <mark>showing even more flaws in the S-IVs</mark>!

The opposite is prob gonna happen

New effects in Forge such as weather changers, dual weilding, more unique assassinations (energy sword and gravity hammer assassinations), longer campaign, forerunner vehicles, human melee weapons (katana) and more then anything else I want my SMGs back.

If I think of anything else I will post it.

More campaign/co-op, less traditional multiplayer.

Competitive Play. Click the link to see why I think it is so important.

> Musical themes and style inspired by and taken directly from the original trilogy.
>
> <mark>Aesthetics and visual style, including the models of pre-existing weapons, enemies, armour, and vehicles, taken from and inspired by the original trilogy.</mark>
>
> <mark>Weapon and vehicle audio of pre-existing weapons taken from and inspired by (you know the drill) the original trilogy.</mark>
>
> A UI combining the best trait’s of Halo 2’s, Halo 3’s, ODST’s, and Reach’s.
>
> Innovation that doesn’t come at the cost of the important core Halo gameplay that was gutted in Reach and to a greater extent, 4.
>
> All I can say about Campaign is that I want it to be higher in quality and length than Halo: CE’s, Halo 2’s, Halo 3’s, and ODST’s combined. Skull hunting and lots of clever easter eggs and exploration, too. Make Easy easy like it used to be. It’s supposed to be a walk in the park, not Halo 2’s equivalent of Normal.
>
> Halo 3 vehicle gameplay was the best, I’d like a return to that, physics and health systems and all.
>
> MORE CUSTOM GAMES OPTIONS. I should be able to replicate Halo: CE, Halo 2, or Halo 3 down to the last tiny detail if I want to. Have weapon customization, include every weapon and vehicle from the series in Customs and Forge. DON’T NEGLECT CUSTOMS AND FORGE AGAIN.
>
> To work alongside Forge (which should have Reach’s efficiency and 3’s fun aspect), an actual proper map editor superior to and easier to use that of Far Cry 3 should be impleneted, as well as a custom games browser.
>
> Fix Matchmaking. Seriously. It’s a mess. I hate to say it as it’s been said over and over again, but it needs a proper, viable ranking system with an incentive to win. Halo 3, despite its flaws, had this. Its successors did not.
>
> Oh, and can we pleeeease return to arena-style gameplay? THANKS. That’s all I have to say for now. Is my list of demands unrealistic enough?
>
> PS. Flood, a deeper story like Halo 2’s, good and bad members of the same species, Covies talking in English, more cinematic cutscenes, etc.
>
> OH AND A FREAKING COVENANT-THEMED MULTIPLAYER MAP PLEASE. Or at least the tools to make one ourselves.

Wow there. The game should have new character models, the enemies and weapons shouldn’t look exactly the same. That said, Grunts (for instance) need to change back into arthopods and the Elite armor should be less ugly. The sounds don’t need to be the same as the trilogy, as long as they are good. I don’t remember sounds in the trilogy being that much better than sounds in Halo 4, but then I don’t remember them at all (which is a good sign- it means I was immersed). The point is, things can look/sound different as long as that difference makes sense with the lore and as long as they are good.

Aside from that I agree 100%. You covered it all.

> More campaign/co-op, less traditional multiplayer.

I have no idea what you are trying to say?

A less traditional multiplier / we have seen it its called Halo Reach and Halo 4