What do you want in Halo 5's campaign?

Personally, so much. Innovation in general. Half Life 2 is my gold standard for single player campaigns. One thing in particular I want to see is large scale battles. The scale is one of the things that awed me in Halo CE. I want a story that doesn’t force weird romantic relationships and sexualize a certain AI character. No boss battles. I don’t think boss battles belong in Halo. No Quick Time Events, seriously. I want to see and/or participate in some of the awesome space battles that the books describe.

I’m concerned about Agent Locke. So far from viewing Nightfall I have little to no interest in his character. An overwhelming enemy and horrible odds is another of the things that made Halo CE great to me. I really felt like humanity was on the brink and I was their only hope. That desperation was lost after the Covenant was defeated. In engine cutscenes. Blur does nice work, but in engine cutscenes are more immersive in my opinion. More integration with the books’ lore. I’d love to see the other famous Spartans. Not the new bro-tastic ones that 343i introduced in Spartan Ops.

> 2533274824002906;1:
> Personally, so much. Innovation in general. Half Life 2 is my gold standard for single player campaigns. One thing in particular I want to see is large scale battles. The scale is one of the things that awed me in Halo CE. I want a story that doesn’t force weird romantic relationships and sexualize a certain AI character. No boss battles. I don’t think boss battles belong in Halo. No Quick Time Events, seriously. I want to see and/or participate in some of the awesome space battles that the books describe.
>
> I’m concerned about Agent Locke. So far from viewing Nightfall I have little to no interest in his character. An overwhelming enemy and horrible odds is another of the things that made Halo CE great to me. I really felt like humanity was on the brink and I was their only hope. That desperation was lost after the Covenant was defeated. In engine cutscenes. Blur does nice work, but in engine cutscenes are more immersive in my opinion. More integration with the books’ lore. I’d love to see the other famous Spartans. Not the new bro-tastic ones that 343i introduced in Spartan Ops.

I really agree blur are great, but in engine cutscenes are so much better, I also feel that 60fps cutscenes don’t work as well as 30fps.

I was playing halo 4s campaign and the cutscenes felt weird. :s i can’t explain that i guess.

> No Quick Time Events, seriously

This.

Also, I am definitely a fan of things in halo that just made the scale seem really grand. Even parts where it wasn’t a battle, stepping out of that escape pod at the beginning of the second level and seeing the world expanding out was hella sweet.

I also share your concerns on Locke, considering so far, Nightfall has bored the living -Yoink- out of me. It’s not well made and really hasn’t drawn me into any of the characters really.

Let’s see

10 hours campaign

Blur cinematics

CORTANA BACK BY MY SIDE

Large action bubbles with different approaches

Melee a trois

The locust

Gauss mantis

If at all possible open areas and side missions

Boss fights like the Prophet and Tartarus from Halo 2 or the Oracle from H3. Except 343i should make the boss fights multilayered and a bit more interesting and involved than just simply punching a prophet in the face a handful of times or shooting the oracle with a laser as he sits almost completely still for you to shoot him.

I’d like bigger set pieces with bigger battles like the dual Scarab battle from H3.

I’d like there to be a solution for co-op partners running ahead and you teleporting with them missing half the mission.

Fun Easter eggs and collectibles like Skulls, Terminals, etc.

Good writing and character development is a blatant must have.

NO on rails scenes like climbing the elevator in Halo 4 where the first person to start climbing is the only one who controls the character, and it’s basically a cutscene for everyone else.

That’s all I can think of off the top of my head.

> 2533274800110367;4:
> CORTANA BACK BY MY SIDE

Gonna have to disagree with that one there. I think getting rid of Cortana was a ballsy move and I liked it. Personally, I hate when characters don’t stay dead.

Blue Team!

For me it has to be the ability to play as Arbiter as a Co-Op character

lots of large scale battles, fighting scarabs, liches, the war sphinx, I really want the covies and forerunners to step up their game in this one

more types of prometheans, also an overhaul on the knights, knights and watchers simply were no fun to fight against

1 massive open space battle where you have to board and destroy a covenant carrier and there is multiple ways to do so

I kinda want to see the chief lose his mind without cortana and go to a dark place, if the UNSC is trying to replace chief and he wants halsey alive while they want her dead I think that a mission where the chief smashes through hundreds of spartan 4’s to escape UNSC custody would be incredible. also it would be cool if he kidnapped Infinities AI for the campaign so we could somewhat fill the void that cortana left

I want Jun to make an appearance…so freakin bad, along with any other original spartans

most of all it needs to make a huge step in the storytelling and exploration departments, halo 4 seriously felt like you were running from point a to point b just to jam a usb stick in a console so cortana could do…whatever the hell it was that she does in halo 4

Master Chief with a new AI would be kinda weird.

> 2535451918921590;10:
> Master Chief with a new AI would be kinda weird.

Master Chief with no AI would be even weirder…we all know the dude is way too much of a meathead to figure out how to hack into the covenant battlenet himself lol, Thats why I think chief hijacking the infinity AI would be pretty cool cause the chief probably needs that voice in his head (opening cutscene of h4 where halsey says she supplied the tools to maintain that efficiency) so it would kinda be a “I don’t like you, you don’t like me but your gonna help me or I will dump pepsi on your cpu” kinda situation

energy sword battles!

They scrapped a lot of hand-to-hand sequences in Halo 2, so I’d like to see more of that at some point.

> 2751082808091078;6:
> > 2533274800110367;4:
> > CORTANA BACK BY MY SIDE
>
>
> Gonna have to disagree with that one there. I think getting rid of Cortana was a ballsy move and I liked it. Personally, I hate when characters don’t stay dead.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle thought the same about killing Sherlock Holmes

He was wrong

> 2751082808091078;6:
> > 2533274800110367;4:
> > CORTANA BACK BY MY SIDE
>
>
> Gonna have to disagree with that one there. I think getting rid of Cortana was a ballsy move and I liked it. Personally, I hate when characters don’t stay dead.

If you think she’s going to stay dead, I’m willing to put money on you being disappointed in either #5 or 6.

Also I want an open environment and excellent graphics. Halo CE probably had the best graphics of any game when it released. It also was probably the most open world shooter there had ever been.

The explanation for the Prothet’s bane being a fist sword.