What Do You Want From Halo Infinite’s Campaign...

What Do You Want From Halo Infinite’s Campaign, Design Wise?

So this was intended for another post on the ‘Halo Universe’ section that was locked for duplicating the purpose of this section.

To put it simply, what are you hoping to get out of Halo Infinite in terms of the basic structure and level design of the single-player aspect of the game. If we’re talking campaign, then considering a big ‘open-world’ non-linear design is meant to be one of this games main selling points I’d suggest going with something similar to Halo 3 ODST and Freedom Fighters from 2004.

You start off with at least one large open area environment with an abandoned base and a smattering of friendly forces (UNSC, SOS and Sentinels) scattered about the map, and slightly more numerous hostile factions skirmishing with them. (Banished, Created etc)

This central open world environment is linked via portals to several smaller locations where the main missions take place, and setting aside a few linear missions for story telling perspective it’s up to the player what order they complete these missions in. Each missions completed provides specific rewards and disadvantages. If you say take on the mission to target the Banished communication’s centre they will be unable to coordinate the deployment of rapid repose units when you choose to liberate UNSC and Sangheili POW’s in the next mission, who you can then call in to support you when you hit the Banished Motor Pool or Barracks in the next mission, and so on. Choose to take out their central power station and automated defences will be down for the next mission in all their bases.

In between missions you’d return to the central ‘open world’ location of Zeta Halo where you can steadily garrison and reinforce your base with automated defences, vehicle repair bays, armouries and allied personnel who will fend off steadily larger attacks by the Banished alongside you as you progress through the game. (Upon returning you can upgrade weapons, armour and choose what vehicles and troops with whatever specific upgrades you want to take with you on your next mission)

It’s up to the player how extensively they build up their base through optional objectives in the campaign missions, and this would directly impact the difficulty of the final mission when the UNSC/SOS make a final stand against an overwhelming Banished assault. Exactly how the player has chosen to allocate their defences between anti-air, anti-armour and anti-infantry defences and the morale of their troops will dictate how easy or impossibly difficult it is to complete this final defensive orientated mission. (Likewise if the player has sped through the campaign without bothering to invest in the building and layered defence of their base, this is where they get punished for it!)

That how I would build Halo Infinite as I think it would add a great deal of replay-ability to the game.

What is everyone else’s opinion?

Ok… so I’d like to see at least 12 missions for one.
Also, since this is gonna be Open World, we should have multiple objectives in one Level that we can take out ourselves in our own order. There also should be loot boxes. I’d love to see s Sky Battle much like in Halo 3, except where there are AA guns you have to take out, troops to deliver, buildings to bomb, Cruisers to board, there are sooooo many possibilities.

> 2533274853837831;1:
> What Do You Want From Halo Infinite’s Campaign, Design Wise?
>
> So this was intended for another post on the ‘Halo Universe’ section that was locked for duplicating the purpose of this section.
>
> To put it simply, what are you hoping to get out of Halo Infinite in terms of the basic structure and level design of the single-player aspect of the game. If we’re talking campaign, then considering a big ‘open-world’ non-linear design is meant to be one of this games main selling points I’d suggest going with something similar to Halo 3 ODST and Freedom Fighters from 2004.
>
> You start off with at least one large open area environment with an abandoned base and a smattering of friendly forces (UNSC, SOS and Sentinels) scattered about the map, and slightly more numerous hostile factions skirmishing with them. (Banished, Created etc)
>
> This central open world environment is linked via portals to several smaller locations where the main missions take place, and setting aside a few linear missions for story telling perspective it’s up to the player what order they complete these missions in. Each missions completed provides specific rewards and disadvantages. If you say take on the mission to target the Banished communication’s centre they will be unable to coordinate the deployment of rapid repose units when you choose to liberate UNSC and Sangheili POW’s in the next mission, who you can then call in to support you when you hit the Banished Motor Pool or Barracks in the next mission, and so on. Choose to take out their central power station and automated defences will be down for the next mission in all their bases.
>
> In between missions you’d return to the central ‘open world’ location of Zeta Halo where you can steadily garrison and reinforce your base with automated defences, vehicle repair bays, armouries and allied personnel who will fend off steadily larger attacks by the Banished alongside you as you progress through the game. (Upon returning you can upgrade weapons, armour and choose what vehicles and troops with whatever specific upgrades you want to take with you on your next mission)
>
> It’s up to the player how extensively they build up their base through optional objectives in the campaign missions, and this would directly impact the difficulty of the final mission when the UNSC/SOS make a final stand against an overwhelming Banished assault. Exactly how the player has chosen to allocate their defences between anti-air, anti-armour and anti-infantry defences and the morale of their troops will dictate how easy or impossibly difficult it is to complete this final defensive orientated mission. (Likewise if the player has sped through the campaign without bothering to invest in the building and layered defence of their base, this is where they get punished for it!)
>
> That how I would build Halo Infinite as I think it would add a great deal of replay-ability to the game.
>
> What is everyone else’s opinion?

Well said! I think dlc shouldn’t just be focused on the MP aspect of halo as well. The campaign should be abundant with side missions/objectives. Don’t short us on the story. It’s really hard to say since we haven’t been really given a lot of information on what’s physically in the game (not necessarily campaign plot points but what type of side activities are in it) other than the details from the map menu that showed us some information. I imagine it will be similar to shadow of wars but in a FPS presentation.

For Cortana from 5 to end, permanently. No more fragments parts scurrying away from the aftermath, or any redemption. I’m not mentioning the secret Cortana Audio or potential cryo brains stored under Reach. The one leading the Created needs to have a definite end.