What do you want brought back from previous halo games?

What vehicles, weapons, or enemies do you want brought back? I personally want the chopper and elephant brought back for vehicles. For weapons I would like to see the carbine, flamethrower, missile pod, and sentinel beam. I realize these are not the most “pro” or balanced weapons but I would at least like them in Forge and custom games to mess around with. As for enemies I would like to see the return of those giant sentinels you fought in halo 2, those were pretty awesome.

The ranking system and the general competitiveness of the orginal trilogy.

1-50 ranking system

“the entire Halo 2”

there, I just saved 100% of the competitive crowd from making a post

> “the entire Halo 2”
>
> there, I just saved 100% of the competitive crowd from making a post

Nah, I want a better story and graphics.

ODST style of Firefight. It was great fun and a challange.

I would rather them have new things.
But the thing I most want to see (that I can think of right now) is passenger seats on the tank.

CE Zealots
CE berserking (AI berserk only after receiving a lot of damage, with the exception of Goldies and Flood)
CE leaping (Goldies were a lot more to play with. Chieftains paled in comparison)
CE plasma grenades
CE plasma pistol, plasma rifle, needler
CE Elite rank distinctions (shields, not health, and burst fire differences: Goldies fired in long bursts, Elite majors fired in short accurate bursts)
CE melee range (when I could melee infection forms and get surprise assassinations)
lack of lunge
lack of excessive autoaim
lack of plasma pistol overcharge spamming
lack of plasma pistol overcharge vehicle disabling
lack of op, semi-omniscient enemy Wraiths
lack of kill stealing allies
lack of overrated battles

TLDR: CE, CE, CE!

H2 and H3 are requested far too much. Ironic how they served as the basis for Reach. Reach merely copied things from CE. Most of it is a desecration of H2/H3/ODST in addition to new yet un-needed things.

Reach was a start and CEA was even better but until the false difficulty emphasis is removed, CE can never be restored to it’s prime.

> “the entire Halo 2”
>

Halo 2 wasn’t as balanced as CE, so no.

> CE needler

I disagree with this part. The CE Needler was THE niche weapon of its time (because hallway superiority is not very practical).

The freedom that Halo CE and 2 had in the campaign, not having that in the others killed alot of the fun in the campaigns. i hope Halo 4 brings that back so bad

I would like to see balance in MP, and difficulty on Legendary Campaign. And a fluent, sensible story-line.

I’m not asking for much, am I?

> difficulty on Legendary Campaign.

As long as Legendary is challenging (AKA CE) without being annoying (AKA Reach).
Bullet sponges=/=fun, nor is it really challenging.

> > difficulty on Legendary Campaign.
>
> As long as Legendary is challenging (AKA CE) without being annoying (AKA Reach).
> Bullet sponges=/=fun, nor is it really challenging.

I think the stat differences between difficulties should be limited. sure for the easiest difficulties you can give the player some bonuses, but most of the difference should be in how intelligent and aggressive the AI is. if you took heroic enemy stats on Reach, but made the AI more aggressive (they will actually come towards you, attempt to flank, and use weapons/equipment to their full potential) it suddenly becomes much harder. I think I’ve rarely been successfully flanked by enemies in Reach. Only in firefight are they close to what i consider to be aggressive. Right now, the only challenge in campaign on higher difficulties comes from stat changes.

> “the entire Halo 2”
>

Your ignorance and arrogance is still amusing :slight_smile: