What do you think the Upgrades in the TACMAP does?

Maybe it allows you to upgrade how many times you can use the grappleshot/other equipment before the cooldown? Maybe it can do things like increase shield strength or speed? Any ideas?

Possible or maybe upgrade outposts?

> 2533274885506317;2:
> Possible or maybe upgrade outposts?

Can you elaborate on the phrase ‘upgrade outposts’? Do you mean like maybe the Chief has a base or do you mean that there are kiosk-style devices in hub areas that allow you to do this?

> 2535458491947956;3:
> > 2533274885506317;2:
> > Possible or maybe upgrade outposts?
>
> Can you elaborate on the phrase ‘upgrade outposts’? Do you mean like maybe the Chief has a base or do you mean that there are kiosk-style devices in hub areas that allow you to do this?

I remember them saying something about outposts in the game world or something

Hmm… do you mean that Chief can take over Banished bases or restore abandoned UNSC ones?

Pretty sure I remember them saying that there won’t be like, armor upgrades or weapon upgrades or anything like that, as they felt it just didn’t feel very “Halo” to the design team. As for maybe making outposts bigger or more fortified or something, I could kinda see that as a possibility, who knows.

In this article it seems like you can upgrade your equipment?

> Head of design Jerry Hook chimed in with the ways that optional exploration might benefit the player. “[Master] Chief, as he explores the ring, he’s gonna find more equipment. He’s always gonna find ways to upgrade that equipment. And, it’s not all about power, but it’s about options for the player. We want to ensure that players are able to make the choices to be successful in the way that they want to play the game.”

Halo Infinite isn't quite open-world but you can backtrack through it – Destructoid