What do you think the third Warzone gametype is?

So quick recap:

Gametype #1 - 24 player Big Team Slayer with AI enemies mixed in and optional objectives.

Gametype #2 - Invasion 2.0 essentially with two teams of 12, one attacking and one defending that ends when time runs out or the attacking team destroys the enemy core. No AI.

So I don’t know about you, but 343 was really talking up the inclusion of AI in Warzone so to me it makes sense that if a third gametype exists, it probably includes the AI. So my hopes are that the third gametype will essentially be Firefight, except instead of only 4 players versus wave after wave of AI enemies, it’ll be 24 players versus wave after wave of alternating Promethean and Covenant AI. If the game can handle 24 players and AI in the first gametype, surely it should be able to handle a Firefight-esque gametype. I don’t even need to see them being dropped into the map via dropship. Just teleport them in.

But that’s what I’m hoping for. What are you guys hoping for or think the third gametype, should one exist, be?

no third one your idea is the first gametype dummed way down warzone will be perfect already no more gametypes no more changes then what 343 already has planned

> 2533274884116647;2:
> no third one your idea is the first gametype dummed way down warzone will be perfect already no more gametypes no more changes then what 343 already has planned

#1. Punctuation is a good thing.
#2. I don’t understand how it’s dumbed down and it isn’t the same thing. The goal of the first gametype is to get to 1000 points before the opposing team. The AI is there, but it’s more like a way to speed up getting to 1000 points. My proposed third gametype is Firefight where the objective is not to get to a certain point count, but to survive waves of increasingly difficult AI enemies.

Not good to set high expectations man, because you will inevitably be disappointed. Until they say there is a 3rd gametype, I wouldn’t count on it.

> 2533274801802416;3:
> > 2533274884116647;2:
> > no third one your idea is the first gametype dummed way down warzone will be perfect already no more gametypes no more changes then what 343 already has planned
>
>
> #1. Punctuation is a good thing.
> #2. I don’t understand how it’s dumbed down and it isn’t the same thing. The goal of the first gametype is to get to 1000 points before the opposing team. The AI is there, but it’s more like a way to speed up getting to 1000 points. My proposed third gametype is Firefight where the objective is not to get to a certain point count, but to survive waves of increasingly difficult AI enemies.

i agree with both points lol i would like firefight back but with warzone i couldn’t care less, especially since invasion is coming back…well in a more advanced form which is even better

I’m going to guess it is capture the flag.

> 2533274821174589;4:
> Not good to set high expectations man, because you will inevitably be disappointed. Until they say there is a 3rd gametype, I wouldn’t count on it.

Just trying to spark some discussion, nothing wrong with that. Besides, I’m hyped beyond belief for Halo 5 so my expectations are already high.

With the second one being purely PvP, I would hope the third is just the opposite; purely PvE with Covenant and/or Promethean enemies. If 343 truly wants people to feel that Warzone is the successor to Firefight and Invasion, then it should have to show it.

> 2533274808538326;8:
> With the second one being purely PvP, I would hope the third is just the opposite; purely PvE with Covenant and/or Promethean enemies. If 343 truly wants people to feel that Warzone is the successor to Firefight and Invasion, then it should have to show it.

PvPvE
PvP
PvE

Makes sense. Three very distinct styles of play.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here. Next thing you know, 343 will confirm that there are only the two Warzone gametypes and everyone will start throwing hissy fits about the missed opportunity.

> 2533274810150284;10:
> Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here. Next thing you know, 343 will confirm that there are only the two Warzone gametypes and everyone will start throwing hissy fits about the missed opportunity.

This is a very plausible thing although considering OP is pondering what the 3rd gametype is, I am sure he must have proof that there is a 3rd gametype confirmed already. Am I right OP?

> 2533274810150284;10:
> Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here. Next thing you know, 343 will confirm that there are only the two Warzone gametypes and everyone will start throwing hissy fits about the missed opportunity.

Someone will find a way to complain about anything.

I’ll go make a thread saying that I won’t buy Halo 5 if they don’t use Warzone to make a 24 player grifball gametype.
:wink:

I thought it was just WarZone, and this is it? What second game type are people talking about?

> 2533274832281100;13:
> I thought it was just WarZone, and this is it? What second game type are people talking about?

According to someone who linked I believe it was NeoGAF, Josh Holmes confirmed a second Invasion-esque gametype.

> 2533274831388058;11:
> > 2533274810150284;10:
> > Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here. Next thing you know, 343 will confirm that there are only the two Warzone gametypes and everyone will start throwing hissy fits about the missed opportunity.
>
>
> This is a very plausible thing although considering OP is pondering what the 3rd gametype is, I am sure he must have proof that there is a 3rd gametype confirmed already. Am I right OP?

Actually no. I don’t have any proof or confirmation of a third gametype. My wording was off. It’s merely an assumption since two gametypes seems a tad too few for a brand new way to play. And as someone else said in this thread, a third gametype would make sense considering the first is PvPvE and the second is PvP. That leaves PvE. A third gametype is likely, but not a definite. This is merely a speculation thread.for a theoretical third Warzone gametype.

> 2533274801802416;14:
> > 2533274832281100;13:
> > I thought it was just WarZone, and this is it? What second game type are people talking about?
>
>
> According to someone who linked I believe it was NeoGAF, Josh Holmes confirmed a second Invasion-esque gametype.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274831388058;11:
> > > 2533274810150284;10:
> > > Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here. Next thing you know, 343 will confirm that there are only the two Warzone gametypes and everyone will start throwing hissy fits about the missed opportunity.
> >
> >
> > This is a very plausible thing although considering OP is pondering what the 3rd gametype is, I am sure he must have proof that there is a 3rd gametype confirmed already. Am I right OP?
>
>
> Actually no. I don’t have any proof or confirmation of a third gametype. My wording was off. It’s merely an assumption since two gametypes seems a tad too few for a brand new way to play. And as someone else said in this thread, a third gametype would make sense considering the first is PvPvE and the second is PvP. That leaves PvE. A third gametype is likely, but not a definite. This is merely a speculation thread.for a theoretical third Warzone gametype.

I found it, thanks.

Based off this post, there are no plans currently to include a third Warzone gametype.

> For Warzone we have two different variants planned.

Maybe if we’re extremely lucky we’ll get a third post launch, but I think Warzone will be quite similar to Invasion and how there were two gametypes for that - Invasion (the one we haven’t seen yet), and Invasion Slayer (the one showed at E3).

> 2533274801802416;1:
> So quick recap:
>
> Gametype #1 - 24 player Big Team Slayer with AI enemies mixed in and optional objectives.
>
> Gametype #2 - Invasion 2.0 essentially with two teams of 12, one attacking and one defending that ends when time runs out or the attacking team destroys the enemy core. No AI.
>
> So I don’t know about you, but 343 was really talking up the inclusion of AI in Warzone so to me it makes sense that if a third gametype exists, it probably includes the AI. So my hopes are that the third gametype will essentially be Firefight, except instead of only 4 players versus wave after wave of AI enemies, it’ll be 24 players versus wave after wave of alternating Promethean and Covenant AI. If the game can handle 24 players and AI in the first gametype, surely it should be able to handle a Firefight-esque gametype. I don’t even need to see them being dropped into the map via dropship. Just teleport them in.
>
> But that’s what I’m hoping for. What are you guys hoping for or think the third gametype, should one exist, be?

Is there a link of Gametype#2-invasion 2.0? I was looking for it and I can’t find it.

Could have sworn they said “12 vs 12, no AI” somewhere along the lines. I was waiting for the “Rush/Invasion2.0” announcement to finish off the trio.

Perhaps they only said “We though about it.”…

Tower Defense.

> 2533274810150284;10:
> Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here. Next thing you know, 343 will confirm that there are only the two Warzone gametypes and everyone will start throwing hissy fits about the missed opportunity.

I am already way ahead of you.

And yes, putting AI in PvP and not then utilising it in other game types in different ways, especially considering Commands in Single player, is a missed opportunity, a big one.

OT:

Third mode? As the tagline for Warzone is “Where everything is possible”, there should be more than a third one.

1: MOBA gameplay where friendly AI spawn in waves and attack the enemy, players also try to destroy the enemy core.
2: Commander, the player can’t deal damage, but gets a squad of AI to switch out, command and upgrade. Use them to kill enemy players.
3: Fortress wars, players spawn AI that attack the enemy Fortress and try to destroy their core. The players themselves defend their own core.
4: Headhunter, different types and ranks of AI spawn as enemies around the map. Players have to kill one of each AI the fastest in order to win. Higher ranks are rarer.
5: Bumper cars, mongoose race where AI of Anti-vehicle types roam the map
6: King and knight, ViP mode where the ViP is a high ranking AI and it has to move through different checkpoints on the map to reach a destination. Each team has its own ViP and the enemy team has to kill it. You lose if your ViP dies, you win if it reaches the destination.

Are some I’ve imagined could be possible.