what do you think the next gen xbox can bring to the table for halo?

because so many new things could happen that would be awesome, here are some of my ideas

no frame rate lag (yaaaaaay!)

six player firefight so you fight as a whole squad

80 AI in a battle so we can finally have big large scale battles

maps with enough room to do awesome stuff like have a ton of space to fly a pelican around in

what do you think the next gen xbox can bring to the table for halo?

Not to sound to negative but to the best of my knowledge consoles are starting to reach their maximum capabilities. I wouldn’t expect huge leaps and bounds in tech for the next true console. However, if said console has bluray capabilities, then we’re in for far more content on each disk. Wouldn’t hope for much else besides imrpoved Wifi, graphics, etc.

There wont be a new console for a long…long time.

30FPS (because of dynamic lighting) but a never ever, ever, ever faulting 30FPS. Also with destructible environments and up to 80AI (infantry, stationary and vehicular) all at once to the sound of Halo.

> Not to sound to negative but to the best of my knowledge consoles are starting to reach their maximum capabilities. I wouldn’t expect huge leaps and bounds in tech for the next true console. However, if said console has bluray capabilities, then we’re in for far more content on each disk. Wouldn’t hope for much else besides imrpoved Wifi, graphics, etc.

Well, it could be built to use true 3D with ease, Next-gen kinect built-in, 4K/8K resolution, wireless power (possibly completely wireless), Bluray (as you said), 1TB HD (a dream, I know), also, it could be as powerful and quiet as a high-end Gaming PC (Think Alienware) and that’s just off the top of my head. There’s been a lot of technological advancements in recent years that could go towards making an amazing console, only thing is, it’d be costly. But! in about (maybe) 10 years a lot of things such as wireless power should be perfected, widespread and relatively cheap. But! I don’t want to wait that long. So, even though the use of new, creative, innovative technology would make a great console, it’s unlikely to happen within the next few years.

Chances are we’ll get a slightly beefed up, sleeker, Microsoft version of the PS3.

I just started typing and didn’t stop there, after looking at my toes and giggling for a second (they look like long baby hands lol), I have no idea what I’ve wrote.

> There wont be a new console for a long…long time.

I think this is correct. I saw they just came out with a new dev kit. And they’re in a new beta with the current console. I would think that it will be awhile before we see anything new.

> > There wont be a new console for a long…long time.
>
> I think this is correct. I saw they just came out with a new dev kit. And they’re in a new beta with the current console. I would think that it will be awhile before we see anything new.

Five years. I believe at the last E3, Microsoft stated that the microsoft slim extended the life of the xbox 360 until 2015…And even then, I’m not confident that they’ll go the route of Bluray. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if Microsoft used HD-DVD, seeing as there are barely any writers or even PC roms about, meaning that using the format would cut piracy substantially.

Well, Microsoft is actively developing the next version, so it’s not that far off. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I think we’ll seem some definite improvements. I think Microsoft has two options in terms of Blu-ray support. One, they include a Blu-ray player for the entertainment aspect. Two, they don’t include a Blu-ray player (maybe just a DVD drive…they could offer a Blu-ray external drive, I suppose) and force users to purchase games digitally over Xbox LIVE. Personally, I’m guessing we’ll see some sort of Blu-ray support in the next Xbox, but you can be certain Microsoft would prefer all Xbox content be streamed/downloaded over Xbox LIVE. As soon as the average user network speeds and technology allows, they’ll try to switch to a digital-only model. Of course these are just my personal guesses. :slight_smile:

Given the fact that so many people use high quality headsets along with mixamps to play their games, I wouldn’t be surprised if the next Xbox included the capability to hear both game and voicechat audio through your headset. I think something like this would be a huge improvement over the current audio system.

Other than that, probably more processing power and graphics capability for more awesome Covenant killing action!

Im guessing blue ray, Trayless disk tray, 4x more ram (2gigs) Bigger processor, cooler, smaller and all that other updated tec stuff. Along with the Trayless disk tray i would love the ability for it to hold around 3 disks in its self so my most played games at the time wont have to keep being tooken out and put in.

Well I’m going to say I’m probably not the guy that should be discussing this but I have some ideas.

The most important thing for me is that it needs to be upgradable, head to toe if possible. This way, if I’m thinking correctly, all that needs to be done is for games to be able to run on the base specs. So if you don’t have any upgrades there won’t be problems.

They could do this right now, and honestly I’d rather have this than the console release cycle. Which would probably still be there anyway.

Anything else I could say would essentially be make it more like computers. Just don’t sacrifice any of the simplicity of playing the game. In other words plug in and play is awesome, but so is moving along with tech. Lets combine them shall we?

Also some might not like this but cartridges would be great assuming they have enough space to fit games. Which I think they do or almost do. Anyway there are a couple of reasons. The first and most important for me is that load times would be non existent. The other is it is hard to ruin them.

No?

> There wont be a new console for a long…long time.

Don’t be too surprised if Microsoft announces a new console will be on the market in a few years. They began development of the Xbox 360 in 2003, and they traditionally follow a ten year cycle.

I personally believe the best possible graphics on an Xbox 360 will be with Battlefield 3, and after that is released, no game will have the ability to surpass it simply because of how outdated the 360 is now. It’s still running DX9 while PCs now have DX11, which looks incredible. Check out this video, wouldn’t you love to see graphics like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtGYtdDI6eE

(Just for reference, I own both a 360 and gaming PC)

Well, dedicated servers for all games worth mentioning online. Happening right now, but the fact that Halo so far lacks it is a major shame :confused:

Blu-ray, 200Gb harddrive, 4Gb Ram (2 at least), a much better processor and graphics card.
Also, it will be sold in 2 different versions,. like the core and premium, or “family” (basic, cheap) and "gaming (raw power, expensive).