what do you think the "massive, original, marketing campaign" will be?

rumors have been going about that a “massive, original, marketing campaign” for halo 4 is in the works. what do you guys think it will be?

a

Rumor has it Frankie will dress up as a giant chicken and hand out flyers about Halo 4. My source is The Inquire.

First of all its not a -Yoinking!- rumour.

second of all David Ellis and Frank O’Connor talked about it in the Latest Sparkast

Rumor is that they will do nothing and keep the entire community in the dark… oh wait, they are doing it already!

> First of all its not a Yoink! rumour.
>
> second of all David Ellis and Frank O’Connor talked about it in the Latest Sparkast

thats right, sorry. i knew i heard it somewhere, but i didnt want to get FLAMED for posting “inaccurate” information.

no they are referring to the fact that halo 4’s campaign is actually a course on marketing

> no they are referring to the fact that halo 4’s campaign is actually a course on marketing

No, just please shut up. the Sparkast 009. told us about the marketing, stop being stupid and go listen to it.

Original marketing campaign eh?

Er…A few billboards outside Comic Con? A couple of TV spots. OR maybe they have forked out their entire marketing budget (that’s why we have had nothing) and we are going to get a superbowl commercial :)! I mean that would be great from here in the Uk! (Sarcasm)

Seriously though, i am not sure. I am pretty sure it will be a bog standard campaign, just try and make it like Bf3 though.

> Source?

Check the latest Sparkast.

I don’t know what to expect, but I hope it’ll be as mind-blowing and as cool as they’re making it out to be.

They made a Halo in space. 343i is going to threaten the world to buy Halo 4 or Earth gets it.

343 managed to create a Flood spore, they’ll threaten to release it unless the world buys Halo 4.

Few TV adds, billboards, radio adverts, trailers… You know the usual to promote your game and build exorbitant hype.

If you think about it, Halo used to be one of the leaders in marketing. They kickstarted the ARG and live-action trailer as standard.

Who knows. Maybe they’ll build a real-life Scarab or something.

I saw Halo 3 advertised everywhere. When Halo Reach came out, I maybe saw one commercial and nothing else. Halo 4 needs as much advertisement if not more than Halo 3.

> > no they are referring to the fact that halo 4’s campaign is actually a course on marketing
>
> No, just please shut up. the Sparkast 009. told us about the marketing, stop being stupid and go listen to it.

…You realise it’s a joke right? He doesn’t seriously think Halo 4’s campaign will consist of Master Chief sitting in on Forunner branding and marketing business courses.

> > > no they are referring to the fact that halo 4’s campaign is actually a course on marketing
> >
> > No, just please shut up. the Sparkast 009. told us about the marketing, stop being stupid and go listen to it.
>
> …You realise it’s a joke right? He doesn’t seriously think Halo 4’s campaign will consist of Master Chief sitting in on Forunner branding and marketing business courses.

Someone needs to make a picture for that. Guy in a business suit with a MJOLNIR helmet…

> They made a Halo in space. 343i is going to threaten the world to buy Halo 4 or Earth gets it.

But that would mess up the entire canon! That would not only kill humanity but also the covenant! And would this ring have quarantined flood on it too?

> Source?

Frank O’Connor said this in the most recent 343i Sparkast; he also said we’ll finally be seeing Halo 4 stuff soon.

> 343 managed to create a Flood spore, they’ll threaten to release it unless the world buys Halo 4.

> They made a Halo in space. 343i is going to threaten the world to buy Halo 4 or Earth gets it.

Lulz on this forum: +2