What do you think of the soundtrack?

The question is in the title. I personally see this soundtrack as a huge improvement over Halo 4’s (which I found to be quite bland). I really like how there seems to be a main theme that makes appearances in other tracks throughout the OST. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, watch the end of the making of the beta vidoc. What I’m most happy about is that this theme Kazuma has crafted has a simple enough yet very moving melody and just overall sound, so that it’s memorable, while not being repetitive! This was a problem I had with Halo 4’s OST. A lot of the songs, despite repeating certain melodies continuously for good chunks of the track, were not memorable. I still find it difficult humming songs from it because I don’t remember any! But overall, I really like what I’ve heard so far and can’t wait to hear more, as it seems to be vastly improving over Halo 4’s soundtrack.

I think Halo 4’s soundtrack fit the game very well, but you’re right it was not very memorable. Now it seems that they are taking the soundtrack and bringing it out more. I really like the theme that is developing from the soundtrack in Halo 5 so far. I am also liking the use of more brass instruments. I find myself constantly going back to the beta vidoc at around the 7 minute mark to hear pure awesome.

I LUV IT SO MUCH! i just wish they would at least release samples of the ost its so sick

I haven’t heard any yet, can you link me some?

> 2533274848860841;4:
> I haven’t heard any yet, can you link me some?

The title menu music Some of it I like and some of it is very meh. in the tile music from about 1:33 to 3:00 i really liked.

Im actually indifferent, but you didnt include that option lol

I like it, I’m really looking forward to hearing more, we haven’t heard much.

I felt that the main menu music was quite generic TBH…

i lied it, sounded more epic

> 2533274974596436;8:
> I felt that the main menu music was quite generic TBH…

Same, too military-ish. Hopefully the rest of OST will have more memorable themes that really give the game an identity like first trilogy such as the Halo theme, Unforgotten, Peril, On a pale horse, In amber clad etc. Something like this

That kind of stuff should be in it. The music is very important to me

Meh. It didn’t really sound terribly unique. Reminded me of a WWII film.

I loved the Menu music, Ad all the music invovled with halo 5 so far has been pretty great IMHO, This most recent trailer Has the monks and i think they are going to strike a balance between old and new

Definitely too much brass.

Check out the Halo 5 Beta vidoc and just listen to the music. It’s far from generic and definitely has character.

Also there is never to much brass.

> 2533274866723773;14:
> never to much brass.

When the foundation of every iconic Halo theme is heavy, almost exclusively stringed instrumentation accompanied by choir hymns, yes, there is such thing as too much brass. Brass is not for conveying something fictional and mysterious.

> 2533274848860841;10:
> > 2533274974596436;8:
> > I felt that the main menu music was quite generic TBH…
>
>
> Same, too military-ish. Hopefully the rest of OST will have more memorable themes that really give the game an identity like first trilogy such as the Halo theme, Unforgotten, Peril, On a pale horse, In amber clad etc. Something like this
>
> That kind of stuff should be in it. The music is very important to me

I agree, sounded like an intro to a transformers movie, too generic.

I want more of this

> 2533274898131165;16:
> > 2533274848860841;10:
> > > 2533274974596436;8:
> > > I felt that the main menu music was quite generic TBH…
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Same, too military-ish. Hopefully the rest of OST will have more memorable themes that really give the game an identity like first trilogy such as the Halo theme, Unforgotten, Peril, On a pale horse, In amber clad etc. Something like this
> >
> > That kind of stuff should be in it. The music is very important to me
>
>
>
>
> I agree, sounded like an intro to a transformers movie, too generic.
>
> I want more of this

When it comes to listening to the OST of the original trilogy I am spoiled for choice. Literally every single track is memorable and unique, there’s sooo many to choose from and if I picked them with my eyes closed not only I’d know it’s from Halo but I’d know the name of the track and most likely what game and level it plays on.

Btw can I top that with this?

I thoroughly enjoyed Jinnouchi’s work on H4 and I like what I’ve heard so far of H5. That said, I don’t think it’s fair to make any judgement at this point, given that a lot of the character of the original trilogy, beyond the main theme, is in the action sequences. I really want to see more of the upbeat Celtic and African influences make a return, mixed with the brass heavy, militaristic title theme and some of the more “heroic” motifs from H4 (i.e. Jinnouchi’s compositions). H4’s action was often a bit too post-Zimmer for my taste. I think Halo 5 has a good chance of being both memorable and not overly reliant on Marty’s work from the trilogy.

> 2533274848860841;17:
> > 2533274898131165;16:
> > > 2533274848860841;10:
> > > > 2533274974596436;8:
> > > > I felt that the main menu music was quite generic TBH…
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Same, too military-ish. Hopefully the rest of OST will have more memorable themes that really give the game an identity like first trilogy such as the Halo theme, Unforgotten, Peril, On a pale horse, In amber clad etc. Something like this
> > >
> > > That kind of stuff should be in it. The music is very important to me
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > I agree, sounded like an intro to a transformers movie, too generic.
> >
> > I want more of this
>
>
>
> When it comes to listening to the OST of the original trilogy I am spoiled for choice. Literally every single track is memorable and unique, there’s sooo many to choose from and if I picked them with my eyes closed not only I’d know it’s from Halo but I’d know the name of the track and most likely what game and level it plays on.
>
> Btw can I top that with this?

1:15 to the end. When played at high volume, it becomes impossible to hold back the intense chills…

> 2535460843083983;19:
> > 2533274848860841;17:
> > > 2533274898131165;16:
> > > > 2533274848860841;10:
> > > > > 2533274974596436;8:
> > > > > I felt that the main menu music was quite generic TBH…
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Same, too military-ish. Hopefully the rest of OST will have more memorable themes that really give the game an identity like first trilogy such as the Halo theme, Unforgotten, Peril, On a pale horse, In amber clad etc. Something like this
> > > >
> > > > That kind of stuff should be in it. The music is very important to me
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > I agree, sounded like an intro to a transformers movie, too generic.
> > >
> > > I want more of this
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > When it comes to listening to the OST of the original trilogy I am spoiled for choice. Literally every single track is memorable and unique, there’s sooo many to choose from and if I picked them with my eyes closed not only I’d know it’s from Halo but I’d know the name of the track and most likely what game and level it plays on.
> >
> > Btw can I top that with this?
>
>
> 1:15 to the end. When played at high volume, it becomes impossible to hold back the intense chills…

Love that part.