What do you think of the new Grunt?

I know this is quite specific, but I believe this image to be very indicative of how Halo: Infinite will be blending the Reclaimer Saga artstyle with the classic Bungie artstyles. What are your thoughts?

I like him.
I think its an in-between of Halo Wars 2 and CE which is honestly pretty great.

Theres not much to say about it except that he looks like the villain from Destiny 2.

Eew. I like the armor and overall profile, but it looks so… floody… looks like the dude who got chemicals dumped on him at the end of robocop. I choose to believe it looks much better in game if that is at all representative.

Judging by that giraffe next to the Grunt, I wouldn’t look too much into this.

> 2533274882881665;2:
> I like him.
> I think its an in-between of Halo Wars 2 and CE which is honestly pretty great.
>
> Theres not much to say about it except that he looks like the villain from Destiny 2.

To me, it’s more a cross between the Halo: Reach and Halo 4 Grunts. The armour is essentially just Reach armour but with an overall ellipse shape and adjustments to fit a more Halo-4-shaped anatomy. It makes me wonder what other sort of hybrids Infinite might have created through its mixed artstyle.

> 2533274819446242;3:
> Eew. I like the armor and overall profile, but it looks so… floody… looks like the dude who got chemicals dumped on him at the end of robocop. I choose to believe it looks much better in game if that is at all representative.

I see what you’re saying, but I think that could just be the plastic making it appear that way. If you look at the picture behind the figure, it looks a little better.

> 2533274825830455;4:
> Judging by that giraffe next to the Grunt, I wouldn’t look too much into this.

That made me laugh. XD

I love the armor, which is basically a clean version of Reach with modernised shape and colour scheme, but damn me if I hate the Grunt’s anatomy! The head especially! It looks like his skull got broken apart. Also arms and legs are a bit too H4-like, which is never a good thing to say. It’s not as terrible, but we are close to it imho.

I truly hope the final product is more in line with HW2 standard Grunt (not the suicide one), because this ain’t a real Grunt my friends!

I love the new grunt! its so much like the classic grunt, mixed with little bit of the 4-5 style grunt, in a good way! the heads a bit… different, but I think it fits with its over all design

Just as long as they don’t actually look like plastic in the game

> 2533274898721100;8:
> Just as long as they don’t actually look like plastic in the game

I don’t get why people keep complain about the look of the new action figures looking like plastic. they’re literally toy figures made out of plastic

I like the idea of them putting the 343 models into old armor since I thought the armor aesthetic was the biggest shortcoming of 343 halo games

I like it overall, but I wish that the hands and feet didn’t look like they have the scale disease from game of thrones

> 2533274882881665;2:
> I like him.
> I think its an in-between of Halo Wars 2 and CE which is honestly pretty great.
>
> Theres not much to say about it except that he looks like the villain from Destiny 2.

I thought the same thing, it looks exactly like a mini version of Ghaul.

> 2533274898721100;8:
> Just as long as they don’t actually look like plastic in the game

cough Halo 5 cough

The grunt looks okay but WHAT THE HELL DID THEY DO T THE MARINE?! Why is he like a Slender marine?! Does anyone else see it?

Great design but it kinda loses the cuteness factor that I loved about Bungie’s grunts.

I think what ll be more important than the aesthetic art direction for Grunts in particular will be how they’re characterized in game. I am a fan of both English speaking and alien tongued Grunts- but I’m actually feeling a bit of a hankering to hear them speaking English again in Infinite. It’d feel like a nice throwback to the classic trilogy at this point.

*Edit: I just remembered there were English speaking Grunts in Guardians. I guess nothing positive from that game really left me any indelible impact.

Looks like a McLaren supercar.

> 2535438636443468;15:
> Great design but it kinda loses the cuteness factor that I loved about Bungie’s grunts.

I still have my fingers crossed that one day we’ll return to something more akin to the original 2001-2004 Grunts from Halo CE and 2. It’s not necessarily the exact look that I’d like to see again but the vibe/feeling I want back. I’ve always quite liked this picture. It’s not exactly the same as any Grunt that came before it, but it keeps the right Grunty vibe in my opinion.

I like the new design. In a lot of ways it is an artistic interpretation of the original grunt design.

On another note, I’m thinking the marine is the same guy that found chief floating in space. And did anyone notice the H2 BR?!?!?!

> 2533274833164531;19:
> I like the new design. In a lot of ways it is an artistic interpretation of the original grunt design.
>
> On another note, I’m thinking the marine is the same guy that found chief floating in space. And did anyone notice the H2 BR?!?!?!

While it’s more of a hybrid of the Reach and Halo 4 Grunts to me, I can see what you mean by calling it “an artistic interpretation of the original grunt design”.

There was actually a separate toy for him ‘(Brohammer’ as the community liked to call him).