What do you think of the Hivemind gametype?

I personaly love the Hivemind settings. I love it how now the flood doesn’t have AAs anymore. It gives the humans a more of fighting chance now. I also love that you can now pick up new and used weapons. It makes the game feel more like a survival setting which I personaly enjoy and it makes it more like team based game on both sides.
As much as I love this new flood gametype,I loved the first week of Hivemind the best even though I know that the 2nd week of Hivemind was the origanal game settings from the customs games.The reasons being that the guns are now a more powerful and the last man standing is way too OP. I mean I miss getting a lot of ¨The Anceint One¨ medals which is 50 points as a flood. Also I understood that in the first weak of Hivemind the flood sheilds recharge rate an wait time were slower do to the fact the they could take 2 shots from the shotgun, but now sence they can die from one shot of a shotgun, I personaly think it would better if the flood sheilds would recharge faster. Also I miss out running the flood, but sence people were complaining that the flood were too slow, may I suggest that instead of 150% speed 343 could reduce it to 125% speed compared to the 100% speed from the first week. In this case the flood may still have some mobilaty while the humans still have time to react. Finaly may I suggest that instead of the last man standing having 200% weapon damage, maybe 343 may have the last man standing have an oversheild with a fast recharge wait and a slow recharge rate. (Maybe 25%) Therefore the flood may still have a fighting chance by working together while the last man standing may still have his fun. >:D. I’ll be testing this out with some randoms to see how they like it. If you would like to help me test this out, my gamertag is billboss27. Send me a friend request and be sure to invite you when I’m ready.
Love Hivemind :smiley:

I updated the Hivemind gametype in my file share so that:

Flood sheilds recharge rate is 200% with 1 second recharge wait.
(still a one shot kill with shotgun)

Flood speed is 120% (still pretty fast)

Last man standing has an oversheild with 50% rate charge and 3 second wait recharge with 100% weapon damage as normal.

Everthing else is the same.

Try this out with your friends or randoms and tell me what you think of it.

This gametype is in my fileshare called Hivemind V4. GT: billboss27.
Thankyou :slight_smile:

Due to recent complaints for the oversheilds for the last man standing,it has become a 1.5 over sheild. It will now takes 3 hits instead of 5 to kill the last man standing. His sheild will still be a 3 second wait and his recharge rate is now 25%.He now also has infinite ammo. (Not Bottomless Clip). Everything else is still the same from V4. The new gametype will be called Hivemind V5 in my fileshare.

I like the lowered over shield. Personally, I would prefer a slightly longer shield recharge rate for the zombies but the gametype is still really fun.

When you are hosting your custom games why not try to use other infection type maps? I think sometimes people dont stick around as long because the maps are the same as in matchmaking.

Anyways, keep up the good work

Flood < Hivemind < Infection.

I updated my Hivemind game type once again:

Flood now have poor camo.

The last man standing recharge rate is back up to 50%.

Everything else is still the same from the V5 settings.

New game type is called Hivemind V5.5 in my fileshare

I have been testing theses settings with randoms and most of them have told me they enjoyed it. I would like some more people to test with me so you can tell me what you think. Thank you

An update for hivemind:

Flood sheilds recharge wait time is now 3 seconds.

I like to still finish of the flood with the pistal and not waste ammo.

It’s now called Hivemind V6 in my fileshare.

Update:
The last man standing now has 120% weapon damage and 1 sec wait time for sheilds with normal sheilds with 100% rate charge.(2 hit kill stil)

New gametype: Hivemind V6.5

I think Hivemind sucks. It’s complete heavy on the USNC side. For the flood there is no sprint, no thruster, and it takes forever to get kills as the flood; what kind of crap is that? The developers stripped down the flood and boosted the USNC so now it’s way unfair. Before you could use the thruster to get around the spartans shooting. Now you have to charge through the gunfire and hope you get close enough. The problem is, even if you get close enough you only get one swing before you’re dead because it takes 2 hits to convert someone all the while the spartan is blasting you in the face with the assault rifle! That’s if you’re out in the open, my experience with Hivemind has been that all the Spartans find the good guns, then camp in an area and it’s almost impossible to get them out of. At least in the original, you could use the thruster and shoot yourself into the groups camping spot and hope for a kill when it was 1-hit-conversion and gradually wear down the spartans. Now, you are sh#t out of luck. Hivemind is 100% pure crap.

> I think Hivemind sucks. It’s complete heavy on the USNC side. For the flood there is no sprint, no thruster, and it takes forever to get kills as the flood; what kind of crap is that? The developers stripped down the flood and boosted the USNC so now it’s way unfair. Before you could use the thruster to get around the spartans shooting. Now you have to charge through the gunfire and hope you get close enough. The problem is, even if you get close enough you only get one swing before you’re dead because it takes 2 hits to convert someone all the while the spartan is blasting you in the face with the assault rifle! That’s if you’re out in the open, my experience with Hivemind has been that all the Spartans find the good guns, then camp in an area and it’s almost impossible to get them out of. At least in the original, you could use the thruster and shoot yourself into the groups camping spot and hope for a kill when it was 1-hit-conversion and gradually wear down the spartans. Now, you are sh#t out of luck. Hivemind is 100% pure crap.

100% Disagree. Now you have to actually be smart as the Flood, not just spam Thruster Pack.

Also, did you ever play Reach Infection?