What do you think of Master Chief Armor

I know a lot of people like the look of master chief’s armor for the upcoming halo infinite. But i liked where halo 5 armor was going. It seemed more realistic and made more sense mobility wise. Now he looks like he wouldnt be able to put his arms over his head. The armor seems very bulky.

Whats your opinion?

Hope you are having a great day!

Needs a little bit of metallic shine applied. Otherwise it’s extremely awe inspiring.

Obviously a lot of effort went into that armour. Can’t say the same thing for the rest of the graphics though lol.

I agree his new armours were cool and made sense he’d be getting upgrades. But now he’s gone back in time… Why people cried about his new armour is beyond me, how long will we have to look at this relic from the past ?!

My first impression was what i like it, the only thing what i didn’t liked was the big “117” on the chest, i never liked that. But after the demo i think what is fine, i think what it fits well.

I like the armor.

I think its a big improvement from the previous trailer. I like it alot.

Everything needs a little more grit

> 2533274884859199;1:
> I know a lot of people like the look of master chief’s armor for the upcoming halo infinite. But i liked where halo 5 armor was going. It seemed more realistic and made more sense mobility wise. Now he looks like he wouldnt be able to put his arms over his head. The armor seems very bulky.
>
> Whats your opinion?
>
> Hope you are having a great day!

Now why would he ever do that in the first place?

While i liked the Halo 4 and 5 Armor, i found it much more impractical, especially the chestpiece was extremely bulky. I liked the more sleek design of the Bungie-era more and i like that in Halo Infinite they have a mixture of several: Bungie, Legends, Forward Unto Dawn, and Sparth/Halo Wars 2. I even like the big 117 on the Armor.

I know I might get lynched for this but I don’t like it. Even if you do you can’t deny it’s pure obvious fanservice at any cost. The one armor they did right, chief’s in H4, was thrown out of the window just to generate hype and delete everything regarding 4 and 5 regardless of quality. The bright green and 117 look too… exaggerated. Also if you put attention the pieces are so large and bulky they sink into each other.

This was something I don’t think a lot of people appreciated or realized, but the Halo 4/5 armor design was meant to be more realistic. They actually created the armor around a human model so that Chief would have full range of motion. In the Halo 1 one armor, if he raised his arms a certain way he’d stab himself in the neck with those high shoulder plates. Or think Carter from Reach, if he raised his (right?) arm, he’d hit himself in the face with that giant shoulder guard.

I loved that attention to detail in 4 and 5. Then they went waaaaay the other way and it looks like Halo 1, 3 and the Halo Legends anime styles blended together. It’s not bad, but not my favorite. Especially since he’s supposedly just fought (and lost) a war and the armor looks new. In all the other iterations, save CE, his armor always had scuffs and “battle damage”. Like everything else in Infiniite, he looks like a toy instead of a walking tank who’s been though a brutal science fiction war.

It’s disappointing, but that seems to be what Infinite excels at.

LOVE
IT

Though if you look at Chief when he jumps into the Shade Turret, his back plate looks really long. Could just be a trick of the eye as he looks fine every other time.

I will miss 343’s original art style but.

Dat new suit.

Dats a hot dad bod.

> 2533274884859199;1:
> I know a lot of people like the look of master chief’s armor for the upcoming halo infinite. But i liked where halo 5 armor was going. It seemed more realistic and made more sense mobility wise. Now he looks like he wouldnt be able to put his arms over his head. The armor seems very bulky.
>
> Whats your opinion?
>

Brings the best of the H2A armour and the Halo 4 and 5 armor in one unique armor similar to legends…and I love it.

New armor looks good but I was also a fan of the Mk VI Gen2 from 4/5.
Ok with ditching it in Infinite as long as it’s still an option in multiplayer

The Halo 4/5 armor was very ninja mobile, and that worked with the advanced mobility direction (especially in 5). But at what point are you lacking in protection? Modern soldiers wear bulky bulletproof vests, and medieval knights could barely move at all. There is a line where compromises have to be made. Like i said, Halo 4/5’s armor suited it’s purpose.

That doesn’t mean Halo CE-Reach didn’t also suit their purpose. You may prefer to have more protection over being able to do yoga when you’re in an all-out warzone. Halo Infinite seems to be going back to the lower-mobility style, with an open-warfare storyline. Heavier armor kinda makes sense, and his armor does look fairly realistic in my opinion, despite its bulk.

Side note, in Halo 4/5, Chief looks like he’s wearing a beret and that has always bugged me. On top of that, the suit just looked way too busy and was way less iconic in my opinion. The new suit is good and i hope they never go back.

> 2535436207883492;8:
> I know I might get lynched for this but I don’t like it. Even if you do you can’t deny it’s pure obvious fanservice at any cost. The one armor they did right, chief’s in H4, was thrown out of the window just to generate hype and delete everything regarding 4 and 5 regardless of quality. The bright green and 117 look too… exaggerated. Also if you put attention the pieces are so large and bulky they sink into each other.

Why would you get lynched for stating your own opinion?
Oh ,wait your second sentence is giving me ammo. and then your third sentence.

Look, you can have your opinion and preference and that is fine. I like halo 4 and 5s design. But I like halo 2 and 3,s design more… and i like halo infinite’s design even more than all.
We have differing opinoins and i respect that. But the reason why i personally am going to push back on your remarks is because “its pure obvious fanservice” and “the one armor they did right” as if there wasnt thought put into the previous design… or that halo 5 keeping halo4’s armor wasnt in a way fanservice to peeps like you?
Its not objectively better.
Its just a matter of preference.
My preference is a less busy, simpler design. If halo infinite had halo 4 and 5 design, I wouldnt be dissapointed. But personally, im glad that they went with a previously inspired design.
And maybe i can convince you… maybe.
If i told you to draw master cheif… which version of the master cheif do you think would be easiest to draw? I am suggesting that being able to bring up the character in mind more realily and accurately helps us connect more to the character . Which I think is a great plus. Your remarks also have substance to them and I see why you prefer it. I wish you could somehow see why I prefer this design as well.

I strongly disagree with your opinion. I think halo 5 took it in a very unrealistic direction. Chiefs armor has always been designed realistically until 4 and 5. With infinite it is designed like a tanks armor, straight flat sides, designed to be ridged and sturdy. 5s had to many curves and unnecessary bulk in strange places.

> 2533274884859199;1:
> Whats your opinion?

I think it looks good.

> 2533274798525923;9:
> Or think Carter from Reach, if he raised his (right?) arm, he’d hit himself in the face with that giant shoulder guard.

And yet I saw so many players in Halo Reach dressing up their characters with not one, but two of those silly Commando shoulders! :joy:

> 2533274884859199;1:
>
> Whats your opinion?
>

I don’t like it, I can understand why they’re using that design but it’s too bulky and too lime green for my liking. I preferred Halo 5’s design over the current design. Also don’t like the 117 on the breast plate.

I think it’s the best it’s ever looked, I wasn’t a big fan of his H4/5 armour.

> 2533274884859199;1:
> I know a lot of people like the look of master chief’s armor for the upcoming halo infinite. But i liked where halo 5r j armor was going. It seemed more realistic and made more sense mobility wise. Now he looks like he wouldnt be able to put his arms over his head. The armor seems very bulky.
>
> Whats your opinion?
>

I love it. It’s different from the Halo 3 Mk VI, but only slightly. I just like the bulkier look that’s been missing since Halo 3/ Reach.