What do you think of Halo 4: FUD?

As most of you guys know, the first episode of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn was released just yesterday. It’s the start of a live-action web series with new episodes coming out each Friday until . . . somewhere in November, I believe?

I didn’t see a thread about this, so I’ve created one to ask YOU guys about what you think of this new web-series. Personally, I think it is brilliant! I think everything is well-done, the sets and props, the story, the actors, etc. I have to thank 343 for making this web-series free to watch, even though they are going to release a DVD and Blu-Ray probably with lots of exclusive content. -I do have some things that I don’t like about the first episode.

1. Why are the cadets so skinny?

I thought that this was like the Corbulo Academy of Military Science, a military officer training academy for the best of the best. I can understand how the cadets are teens and they’re not yet physically built, but doesn’t the UNSC feed these guys? Food + lots of intense exercise would mean HUGE teenage cadets. However, this isn’t too much of a problem with Halo 4: FUD.

1. Action is a bit dull.

Most of the episode was probably meant for starting the web-series and introducing the plot and characters, but I find that some of the action was kind of dull. Hopefully, it will improve over time and fortunately, it probably will because this was only the first episode where there was not much in it.

1. Why are women referred to as men?

Lasky is calling female officers “Sir”.

1. “Aside from marketing Halo 4, the goal of the webseries is to introduce the franchise to people unfamiliar with the games.” The web-series may not be too good at introducing new people to the Halo franchise. It may be hard for them to understand what the heck is going on.

Aside from that, I loved everything. I really liked the character of Thomas Lasky. I could relate to him a lot.

I liked everything about it. To me, everything seemed right. So for me, I give it a 10/10, 5 stars, 5/5, you get the idea. So overall, I have absolutely no complaints.

I’d give it an 8.5 or a 9.

id give it a 7. i agree with most of your points, but the thing i dont like about the cadets is their damn armour. there is a part where you see older marines and their armour looks like REAL ARMOUR. they look badass in it, where the cadets armour looks toyish. why couldnt the cadets get armour similar to the real marines

It was awesome. And a lot of your questions are stupid easy to answer.

1. They’re skinny because they are skinny. You don’t have to be a meathead to be strong btw

2. It’s the first episode. The action is guaranteed to pick up.

3. It’s a military thing to refer to superiors as “Sir.”

4. I’m pretty sure it’s been really good at not going over people’s heads who are brand new to the universe.

> id give it a 7. i agree with most of your points, but the thing i dont like about the cadets is their damn armour. there is a part where you see older marines and their armour looks like REAL ARMOUR. they look badass in it, where the cadets armour looks toyish. why couldnt the cadets get armour similar to the real marines

Lol, I don’t think it’s that bad. They’re only cadets, not actual soldiers yet so it makes sense for them not to have awesome or real-looking armour.

Based on one episode? I don’t think you can give an accurate score based on one fifth of something.

However, if it kept the way it is now, I’d have to score it a 6-7 out of 10.

It isn’t terrible, but so far I haven’t had an ‘OMG that was amazing!’ moments. And I don’t mean just action, I mean references, acting, plot and all the other things that make a good show good.

> Based on one episode? I don’t think you can give an accurate score based on one fifth of something.
>
> However, if it kept the way it is now, I’d have to score it a 6-7 out of 10.
>
> It isn’t terrible, but so far I haven’t had an ‘OMG that was amazing!’ moments. And I don’t mean just action, I mean references, acting, plot and all the other things that make a good show good.

There’s going to be four more episodes?

Ya, but they aren’t going into any real combat with that gear anyway. I think it was pretty fitting all things considered.

I thought that this was a great way to start the series off. Getting everyone familiar with the setting of the story, providing some entertaining action and fantastic setting that the Halo fans can relate to, while the whole time promising a lot of “to be seen awesomeness” in the future episodes. How those episodes play out now, is the real question.

> > Based on one episode? I don’t think you can give an accurate score based on one fifth of something.
> >
> > However, if it kept the way it is now, I’d have to score it a 6-7 out of 10.
> >
> > It isn’t terrible, but so far I haven’t had an ‘OMG that was amazing!’ moments. And I don’t mean just action, I mean references, acting, plot and all the other things that make a good show good.
>
> There’s going to be four more episodes?

As far as I know, it’s a 5 part web-series.
Could be 4 though, since I thought it was 5 15 minute parts. Since Ep1 was 20, it may be 4 20 minute parts.

The only thing that got me were the cadets; their acting was pretty damn mediocre and I nearly laughed at most of the times they tried to act “serious”; it was beyond corny.

Now, THAT BEING SAID, I would like to state that I am going to enjoy the series. I enjoyed the first episode, but, as a film-tv show-nut, the acting made a cringe a few times (the cadets’ acting). I can’t wait until MC enters the fray :}

Yeah my overall impression was that is was a little too corny, but I still wanna see what happens.

It was a lot better than I thought it would be. The actors performed well overall, the writing was realistic and true to Halo, and all the visual stuff (settings, props, effects, etc) seemed well produced. Not quite network television level but certainly far above the standards of a typical short on Youtube. My only gripe was the poor direction during the initial training sequence. The camera cut every second, it was shaking like crazy, and it was just perplexing to watch. It’s not so bad now, but I’ll be disappointed if all of Master Chief’s scenes have that trashy editing.

9/10 great show. Can’t wait for part 2!

It was the first episode, so they’re still in that character development stage. IMO I don’t think it’s going to be anything spectatular.

Here’s the scenario - The Covenant arrives, starts killing everything, MC comes, he saves the kids, they run alot, they drive thru some woods, they’re rescued, and then it ends.

> It was the first episode, so they’re still in that character development stage. IMO I don’t think it’s going to be anything spectatular.
>
> Here’s the scenario - The Covenant arrives, starts killing everything, MC comes, he saves the kids, they run alot, they drive thru some woods, they’re rescued, and then it ends.

Lol, I am holding you to that.

But the acting…ugh…I really hope whoever plays MC is much better than those Cadets :expressionless:

> > It was the first episode, so they’re still in that character development stage. IMO I don’t think it’s going to be anything spectatular.
> >
> > Here’s the scenario - The Covenant arrives, starts killing everything, MC comes, he saves the kids, they run alot, they drive thru some woods, they’re rescued, and then it ends.
>
> Lol, I am holding you to that.
>
> But the acting…ugh…I really hope whoever plays MC is much better than those Cadets :expressionless:

I know i’m a few days early, but you can let go now, lol. BTW Lasky’s girlfriend is going to die. Just a prediction.