What do you think Locke's "weapon" will be?

So far every charater in Halo has their weapon. Loche’s image has him with a BR like weapon but I feel that can’t be his signature weapon. Normally people put the BR with skill, precision and veterans while Loche is the new guy to the series so IMO the BR doesn’t really speak for him.

I don’t know anything much about him but the weapon must also looke appealing when the user has it as well.

MC and Thel-AR and Sword
Rookie got his Silent SMG
Noble 6 has MA37
Loche with his BR

Loche just seems like the kind of person who would be using a Storm Rifle or a Carbine. Pretty much non-human weapons or a next gen human weapon. So i was wondering how everyone else felt about the subject.

Found this while surfing and putting it in because its kind of cute.

I think the BR suits him considering that he is an ONI Agent.

I agree. It seems kind of generic for him to have a BR. Perhaps a Shotgun or Railgun?

If he’s ONI he could have some experimental tech.

> I think the BR suits him considering that he is an ONI Agent.

I agree. It makes sense.

If he’s an ONI agent, maybe he could have experimental weapons fresh from the workshop. Or…maybe something that gives of a lethal vibe? He is an ONI agent after all. The Battle Rifle is all about precision & skill. It could also give off that same lethal vibe, I dunno. Just guessing.

Oh, & that is kinda cute, I guess.

> If he’s ONI he could have some experimental tech.

So a Tornado Gun then?

OT: By the cover art it looks to be the BR.

> > If he’s ONI he could have some experimental tech.
>
> <mark>So a Tornado Gun then?</mark>
>
>
>
> OT: By the cover art it looks to be the BR.

I have to thank you, for referring to that. XD

> > If he’s ONI he could have some experimental tech.
>
> So a Tornado Gun then?
>
>
>
> OT: By the cover art it looks to be the BR.

Let’s not forget he might be equipped with cat grenades…

But yeah, I’d definitely say a BR for Locke. While it may just seem like another UNSC weapon to some, I also catch some symbolism in the promo art as well.
Chief weapon has always been an automatic, closer-range Assault Rifle, right…? Well, Locke’s appears to be a three-round-burst, longer-ranged, precision BR.

They’re complete opposites.

The BR fits his alleged role as a “shady ONI Operative” better than anything else. Plus, that’s the first weapon we’ve ever seen him with.

I don’t get why you’d think he’d use a Covenant weapon as his “signature” gun. The BR seems suitable, only one character that I know of has used the BR as their signature weapon, one of Majestic Squad, and that’s including the entire caste of ODST, Reach, and the books. Even in Halo 2 the Chief’s signature gun was the SMG.

The BR also suits the character, if he’s the one ONI selected to track the Chief, he is DEFINITELY the best-of-the-best of the Spartan IVs.

Anyway, perhaps we’ll get to see some Elite characters with their own signature weapons now that we’re on Sanghelios.

double post

> I don’t get why you’d think he’d use a Covenant weapon as his “signature” gun. The BR seems suitable, only one character that I know of has used the BR as their signature weapon, one of Majestic Squad, and that’s including the entire caste of ODST, Reach, and the books. Even in Halo 2 the Chief’s signature gun was the SMG.
>
> The BR also suits the character, if he’s the one ONI selected to track the Chief, he is DEFINITELY the best-of-the-best of the Spartan IVs.
>
> Anyway, perhaps we’ll get to see some Elite characters with their own signature weapons now that we’re on Sanghelios.

Well because of how is armor is oriented. Its has a Covenant human blend to it. I expect him to be using something more advance than a BR especially as an ONI agent.

Instead of giving Locke a generic BR, Why not give him a Special Operations BR?

Spec Op SMG from ODST had a Silencer and Red Dot sight.

This Spec Op BR could have a Silencer and Red Dot sight. Hence the supposed RDS in the cover art (If that even is the cover art…)

I want it to be the MA5K.

I’ve wanted that rifle for SOOOOO long.

~ Duck.

A silenced BR would be awesome.

Well, he is ONI, so perhaps it will be something like a sticky detonator that can be used more creatively?

Then again I’m a fan of that weapon in general so i might be biased…

Out of the “normal” rifles though I would have to agree that BR or a more advanced weapon (to match his armor) would probably be the best choice.