What do you think is good about Halo 4?

Hello fellow Halo community, I want to hear from the majority of you what you think is good about Halo 4.

Now I know, yea, it’s not perfect, and there are things to still be desired, but I want to hear your opinion on the positives. Plus I’m trying to get my friend to pick it up, due to the lack of games we have to play with our friends, so I want him to see the game for it’s good, not it’s bad.

Here’s his argument:
"The story is complete -Yoink-. It involves an enemy that isn’t clearly defined, not even the novels helped and it involves a splinter section that is the Covenant from lazy writing all because Elites > Brutes in terms of enemies. Laziness!

The plot is the Master Chief, big surprise, because 343i is too afraid to branch out and actually explore the Halo Universe that Bungie sent them. A vast universe to play with and 343i decides to rewrite it and play it safe.

As for the multiplayer, I feel that even though Halo 4 branched out a bit…they’re still sticking to the same formula. Where Halo: CE set the bar THEN, CoD:MW set the bar for NOW! That’s the direction Halo needs to go, which they’re trying to and constantly shying away from.

I love CoD multiplayer over Halo. Because it’s better in terms of weapon mechanics, where your aiming and not fighting the headshot auto lock. If CoD would work on their bullet lag and hit box detection more, it’d be perfect.

I’ll always tell you that Halo needs to change their multiplayer formula. Assassinations were nice and that mech is pretty cool, but give me awesome perks and equipment with weapons that’ll give me a chance to create a loadout for a specific situation. I need a Recon guy to go in and out fast and undetected, I need a Sniper, Heavy Weapons, Solider, etc. I need gameplay like that so I know if my strategy isn’t working, I can change it up and try a different tactic.

I’m not buying a game to play half of the content on the disc. If that were the case then 343i should just make a separate disc for Spartan Ops and Multiplayer. But they won’t because they want to force feed people the campaign -Yoink- so you read the books and still say, ‘WTF?’"

Go ahead guys, pick at it. Let’s see if you can crack this shell. Also if there is anything in terms of cursing from this, I just straight up quoted him, and I’ll edit it if need be.

> Hello fellow Halo community, I want to hear from the majority of you what you think is good about Halo 4.
>
> Now I know, yea, it’s not perfect, and there are things to still be desired, but I want to hear your opinion on the positives. Plus I’m trying to get my friend to pick it up, due to the lack of games we have to play with our friends, so I want him to see the game for it’s good, not it’s bad.
>
> Here’s his argument:
> “The story is complete Yoink!. It involves an enemy that isn’t clearly defined, not even the novels helped and it involves a splinter section that is the Covenant from lazy writing all because Elites > Brutes in terms of enemies. Laziness!
>
> The plot is the Master Chief, big surprise, because 343i is too afraid to branch out and actually explore the Halo Universe that Bungie sent them. A vast universe to play with and 343i decides to rewrite it and play it safe.
>
> As for the multiplayer, I feel that even though Halo 4 branched out a bit…they’re still sticking to the same formula. Where Halo: CE set the bar THEN, CoD:MW set the bar for NOW! That’s the direction Halo needs to go, which they’re trying to and constantly shying away from.
>
> <mark>I love CoD multiplayer over Halo</mark>. Because it’s better in terms of weapon mechanics, where your aiming and not fighting the headshot auto lock. If CoD would work on their bullet lag and hit box detection more, it’d be perfect.
>
> I’ll always tell you that Halo needs to change their multiplayer formula. Assassinations were nice and that mech is pretty cool, but give me awesome perks and equipment with weapons that’ll give me a chance to create a loadout for a specific situation. I need a Recon guy to go in and out fast and undetected, I need a Sniper, Heavy Weapons, Solider, etc. I need gameplay like that so I know if my strategy isn’t working, I can change it up and try a different tactic.
>
> I’m not buying a game to play half of the content on the disc. If that were the case then 343i should just make a separate disc for Spartan Ops and Multiplayer. But they won’t because they want to force feed people the campaign -Yoink!- so you read the books and still say, ‘WTF?’”
>
> Go ahead guys, pick at it. Let’s see if you can crack this shell. Also if there is anything in terms of cursing from this, I just straight up quoted him, and I’ll edit it if need be.

You’ll never get him to change his mind. He is dead set into hating something he knows little about.

> You’ll never get him to change his mind. He is dead set into hating something he knows little about.

I pointed that out to him just now, he never told me that he wanted game play like that before.

Still worth a shot though.

I don’t blame him for not liking Halo 4 but If he prefers BO2 his opinion is pretty much invalid.

The aiming and movement mechanics.

In MurderMiners, the movement and aiming all feels like it’s on a grid, ironically fitting for the style they have going on there. While in Halo 4, it feels so much more fluid. Only issue is, it’s a bit too easy. And sprint…

The gamemodes.

Extraction is good, Ricochet will most likely be very good, Regicide is decent, Dominion has potential. Downsides being lack of options.

Player Customization

Cosmetic customization, that is. Weapon skins are neat.

> Because it’s better in terms of weapon mechanics, where your aiming and not fighting the headshot auto lock. If CoD would work on their bullet lag and hit box detection more, it’d be perfect.

What aiming mechanics? It’s nearly impossible to miss and the game locks on for you.

> I don’t blame him for not liking Halo 4 but If he prefers BO2 his opinion is pretty much invalid.

That’s the thing though, he doesn’t even play any of the newer CODs, I hardly see him do so.

He’s such a hypocrite.

Landfall.
Extraction.
Abandon.
The movement and aiming feel good, but the movement acceleration sucks. Big plus to 343 for letting us crouch while walking again.
The fact that 343 can tune weapons on an individual levels is great, and adds a lot of potential to the game. Whether they use it or not is a different story.

> > Hello fellow Halo community, I want to hear from the majority of you what you think is good about Halo 4.
> >
> > Now I know, yea, it’s not perfect, and there are things to still be desired, but I want to hear your opinion on the positives. Plus I’m trying to get my friend to pick it up, due to the lack of games we have to play with our friends, so I want him to see the game for it’s good, not it’s bad.
> >
> > Here’s his argument:
> > “The story is complete Yoink!. It involves an enemy that isn’t clearly defined, not even the novels helped and it involves a splinter section that is the Covenant from lazy writing all because Elites > Brutes in terms of enemies. Laziness!
> >
> > The plot is the Master Chief, big surprise, because 343i is too afraid to branch out and actually explore the Halo Universe that Bungie sent them. A vast universe to play with and 343i decides to rewrite it and play it safe.
> >
> > As for the multiplayer, I feel that even though Halo 4 branched out a bit…they’re still sticking to the same formula. Where Halo: CE set the bar THEN, CoD:MW set the bar for NOW! That’s the direction Halo needs to go, which they’re trying to and constantly shying away from.
> >
> > <mark>I love CoD multiplayer over Halo</mark>. Because it’s better in terms of weapon mechanics, where your aiming and not fighting the headshot auto lock. If CoD would work on their bullet lag and hit box detection more, it’d be perfect.
> >
> > I’ll always tell you that Halo needs to change their multiplayer formula. Assassinations were nice and that mech is pretty cool, but give me awesome perks and equipment with weapons that’ll give me a chance to create a loadout for a specific situation. I need a Recon guy to go in and out fast and undetected, I need a Sniper, Heavy Weapons, Solider, etc. I need gameplay like that so I know if my strategy isn’t working, I can change it up and try a different tactic.
> >
> > I’m not buying a game to play half of the content on the disc. If that were the case then 343i should just make a separate disc for Spartan Ops and Multiplayer. But they won’t because they want to force feed people the campaign -Yoink!- so you read the books and still say, ‘WTF?’”
> >
> > Go ahead guys, pick at it. Let’s see if you can crack this shell. Also if there is anything in terms of cursing from this, I just straight up quoted him, and I’ll edit it if need be.
>
> You’ll never get him to change his mind. He is dead set into hating something he knows little about.

D’s right. You’re friend’s doomed to be an ignorant -Yoink-. Just keep in mind, and make sure he knows this, too: that it’s fine if you prefer other games over Halo, it’s fine; my girlfriend is much more fond of Gears of War than Halo. But if you prefer CoD, which is a tool that uses repetitive gameplay to snatch money from dumb children and casuals… well, he’s ignorant, plain and simple.

Furthermore: of course Halo 4 features the Master Chief. He’s the main character! Who the hell was he expecting, Mike Tyson? Oprah? Tank Dempsey?