What do you think about the new Halo 4 Hud?

I haven’t really heard much talk here on the forums about things that are related to the HUD in Halo 4. Although there are several things I didn’t like about Halo 4, I think that the HUD was something they made very well and deserve credits for.

There is very little that has changed on Scoreboard meter down to the right, the spot showing what weapons you are holding or where you see how much shield you have left. That is something I think is good and will help to remain a lot of the classic feel. If they can’t keep the classic feel in the overall game, but manage to create some classic playlist or ranked without “gimmicks” I would finally say that the 4th game in the Halo series has been released.

What I really liked is that the motion tracker is simple. It doesn’t look like it shows people that are above and below you. When the motion tracker shows people that are above and below you it takes away a lot of skill and many outsmarting-moments from the game which I don’t like since I am very competitive.

What do you like or, not like about the Halo 4 HUD?

> I haven’t really heard much talk here on the forums about things that are related to the HUD in Halo 4. Although there are several things I didn’t like about Halo 4, I think that the HUD was something they made very well and deserve credits for.
>
> There is very little that has changed on Scoreboard meter down to the right, the spot showing what weapons you are holding or where you see how much shield you have left. That is something I think is good and will help to remain a lot of the classic feel. If they can’t keep the classic feel in the overall game, but manage to create some classic playlist or ranked without “gimmicks” I would finally say that the 4th game in the Halo series has been released.
>
> What I really liked is that the motion tracker is simple. It doesn’t look like it shows people that are above and below you. When the motion tracker shows people that are above and below you it takes away a lot of skill and many outsmarting-moments from the game.

It’s simple and not distracting at all! It reminds me of Halo 3’s, but more streamlined and nicer looking. I don’t like the red damage arrow things, though…

I’m not too keen on the health bar, I preferred that of Reach’s.
But then again, it is an early build.

I really like the new H.U.D. But I do not like the big, red arrow that pops up when behind shot. Hopefully they make it not so noticeable.

I like it, but i think medals should appear on the left side like they used to. Also, the grenades should be placed back in the top-left corner (unless that’s where AAs/perks/gadgets/whatever it is 343 plans to add goes). I especially enjoy how they brought back the visor outline.

I think medals should appear above the score board it kind of pops up and get in the say of the action a little

I really like it, I just hope they have been more thoughtful with where the ‘Friend Online’ logo pops up when you play splitscreen.
As when me and my Wife play it can pretty much steel alot of her bottom screen.
And since the dash update it pops up twice if we both have the same friend come online rather than just the once, Annoying as hell for her.

PeacE
ShadEO9

> I really like the new H.U.D. But I do not like the big, red arrow that pops up when behind shot. Hopefully they make it not so noticeable.

I don’t think that removing it entirely is a good thing to do but since some players may find it distracting it should be placed further to the sides. To me it does not really matter, since I have a gaming headset. It makes the the gaming experience much better and you can without the red arrow find out where people are shooting from just by listening to the audio. I am advising everyone to get some kind of a gaming headset.

No health bar segments= win

I like it so far, but i can’t wait to see what it looks like when it’s all polished up and ready to be play.

Criticize an unfinished HUD if you will, but don’t pass it off as bad when the game’s not even out yet. It’s subject to change and all that.

I like how it resembles Halo 3 and keeps more realistic details from Halo Reach to make me really feel like I’m actually in that Spartan armor.

> > I really like the new H.U.D. But I do not like the big, red arrow that pops up when behind shot. Hopefully they make it not so noticeable.
>
> I don’t think that removing it entirely is a good thing to do but since some players may find it distracting it should be placed further to the sides. To me it does not really matter, since I have a gaming headset. It makes the the gaming experience much better and you can without the red arrow find out where people shooting from just by listening to the audio. I am advising everyone to get some kind of a gaming headset.

I have the headset too and I am not suggesting removing it completely. I just don’t want big red arrows popping up in the middle of my screen.

It’s so simple and clean. I’d love the shield bar to just be a rectangle though. And I’d love the motion tracker to just be a square which would make it even more simple and modern looking!

> I really like the new H.U.D. But I do not like the big, red arrow that pops up when behind shot. Hopefully they make it not so noticeable.

Yeah, that was an issue with Reach beta also, they definitely need to make the arrows wider and shorter.

> > > I really like the new H.U.D. But I do not like the big, red arrow that pops up when behind shot. Hopefully they make it not so noticeable.
> >
> > I don’t think that removing it entirely is a good thing to do but since some players may find it distracting it should be placed further to the sides. To me it does not really matter, since I have a gaming headset. It makes the the gaming experience much better and you can without the red arrow find out where people shooting from just by listening to the audio. I am advising everyone to get some kind of a gaming headset.
>
> I have the headset too and I am not suggesting removing it completely. I just don’t want big red arrows popping up in the middle of my screen.

Sounds good!

Agreed.

[deleted]

Not liking the hud in it’s present form, if it means it’ll appear the exact same in the campaign. I’m hoping for a more intimate feeling beneath the visor, something akin to Metroid prime which really gets the feeling of seeing out through a futuristic helmet.

This is just a guess but I hope the reason the HUD looks so minimalist in the MP is just to do with balance between players. Online doesn’t hold the same sensibilities of a scripted campaign experience.

My kinda HUD

i love how the radar is see through

[deleted]

It’s absolutely perfect, thb.