what do you think about the ending?

What do you think about halo 4s ending. do you think cortana will come back? And what do you think the plot will be in halo 5.

I think she’ll be back. If not then 343 would have made an even bigger mistake than when Bungie decided it’d be a good idea to kill off Johnson. IMO, you don’t just toss away one of the strongest characters in the whole franchise. It just ain’t right.

So hopefully in Halo 5 she’ll make a surprise return and the Chief and her can get back to crushing bad guys like old times.

“ive waited so long to do that”…

such a horrible line. crap ending.

Well, what if they bring back Cortana, but in the way that Cortana herself mentioned? Halsey flash-cloned herself, donated the flash-clone’s brain to created Cortana, and there’s no reason why she wouldn’t do it again. So maybe we get another Cortana, but she’ll go through her own issues. Maybe.

yes, she wants to make da boom boom with the MC.

> “ive waited so long to do that”…
>
> such a horrible line. crap ending.

play Mass Effect 3. that is a true crap ending

> yes, she wants to make da boom boom with the MC.

this is exactly why i hated it. she never wanted to jump his bones before…

[deleted]

Not sure if she will still it is sad to see her go.

> > “ive waited so long to do that”…
> >
> > such a horrible line. crap ending.
>
> And how did she suddenly get a nervous system? She shouldn’t have one in a body of hard light.
> Where was the hardlight being generated from after the explosion anyway? My mind was screaming at me that entire scene.
>
> But aside from these two complaints, I think that scene was brilliantly done.

I also really liked that ending. dont see why all the hate

As once mentioned, Cortana could easily return, and it really wouldn’t matter if it was just a new version. Anyone that would complain, would be doing so for absurd reasons. Is a clone of an AI that acts just the same, any different than the original- No.

More problematically is that the ending doesn’t seem to leave an opening for an additional game. Yes this was the same in Halo CE, but that was made as a stand alone. Wrapping everything up at the end seems to be at once a pointless homage to CE, and 101 in trilogy first instalments (make it stand alone before cliffhangers etc). However, despite wat the say, halo 4 isn’t the first instalment in a trilogy; its halo 4

> As once mentioned, Cortana could easily return, and it really wouldn’t matter if it was just a new version. Anyone that would complain, would be doing so for absurd reasons. Is a clone of an AI that acts just the same, any different than the original- No.
>
> More problematically is that the ending doesn’t seem to leave an opening for an additional game. Yes this was the same in Halo CE, but that was made as a stand alone. Wrapping everything up at the end seems to be at once a pointless homage to CE, and 101 in trilogy first instalments (make it stand alone before cliffhangers etc). However, despite wat the say, halo 4 isn’t the first instalment in a trilogy; its halo 4

the epilogue leaves it clear that Halo 4 is the start of a new trilogy and that there is more to come

I liked the ending, and I do think Cortana will be back, but as a foe.

The Didact will almost certainly be back, and I think halo 5 will be a war between the humans and covenant vs the Prometheans/forerunners(If any other forerunners are still alive)

> I think she’ll be back. If not then 343 would have made an even bigger mistake than when Bungie decided it’d be a good idea to kill off Johnson. IMO, you don’t just toss away one of the strongest characters in the whole franchise. It just ain’t right.

Bungie expected Halo 3 to be the last game of Master Chief’s story. I don’t see why killing him off at the end of the ‘last game’ breaks the story in any way.

[deleted]

> > “ive waited so long to do that”…
> >
> > such a horrible line. crap ending.
>
> And how did she suddenly get a nervous system? She shouldn’t have one in a body of hard light.
> Where was the hardlight being generated from after the explosion anyway? My mind was screaming at me that entire scene.
>
> But aside from these two complaints, I think that scene was brilliantly done.

Its because when you uploaded Cortana into the holotanks on the Didatcs ship, she split herself into multiple parts. She was then able to manipulate the hardlight bridge (and im going on a limb for this part) and attacked the Didact kind of like how the forerunner weapons work.

When the MC detonated the Havoc nuke Cortana was able to use the Composer to transfer the Chief into the digital world. Thanks to the genetic manipulation of the librarian, the MC was able to survive the process instead of being reduced to ash, like Dr. Tillson.

> > As once mentioned, Cortana could easily return, and it really wouldn’t matter if it was just a new version. Anyone that would complain, would be doing so for absurd reasons. Is a clone of an AI that acts just the same, any different than the original- No.
> >
> > More problematically is that the ending doesn’t seem to leave an opening for an additional game. Yes this was the same in Halo CE, but that was made as a stand alone. Wrapping everything up at the end seems to be at once a pointless homage to CE, and 101 in trilogy first instalments (make it stand alone before cliffhangers etc). However, despite wat the say, halo 4 isn’t the first instalment in a trilogy; its halo 4
>
> the epilogue leaves it clear that Halo 4 is the start of a new trilogy and that there is more to come

In a rather vague way, yes. But it doesn’t give any direction. In fact, the whole thing sits uneasy with me. Chief goes and gets his armour off, no doubt because of cortana saying he was a machine, so he decides to engage with his humanity. This suggests he wants to live a life. Ofc the events of the next game make him come back blah blah.

Also, what was with the didacts speech. Was this some disembodied monologue. Was he somehow communicating with forerunners following the events of game. Or,perhaps more likely, was this something he said during the rein of the forerunners. Regardless of this, the significance of the reclaimation having already begun, ties somewhat into the cutscene you first get when you open war games. Showing man kinds prowess. Emerging from the covenant war as the new giants of the galaxy, in prime position for the reclaimation. Really!? Am I suppose to digest this garbage? Believe that in only 4 lowly years after mankind was brought to the brink of extinction, that now it is the new superpower, bar the return of some forerunner menace?

I liked it. Great story. I’m sure 343 will think of something to get Cortana back. Halo just isn’t Halo with out the epic duo of Master Chief and Cortana.

> When the MC detonated the Havoc nuke Cortana was able to use the Composer to transfer the Chief into the digital world. Thanks to the genetic manipulation of the librarian, the MC was able to survive the process instead of being reduced to ash, like Dr. Tillson.

This is somewhat plausible, except how was he reanimated after the composer was destroyed. I assumed she used her new hardlight ability to encase him. Seems the most likely explanation, despite being trash

> > When the MC detonated the Havoc nuke Cortana was able to use the Composer to transfer the Chief into the digital world. Thanks to the genetic manipulation of the librarian, the MC was able to survive the process instead of being reduced to ash, like Dr. Tillson.
>
> This is somewhat plausible, except how was he reanimated after the composer was destroyed. I assumed she used her new hardlight ability to encase him. Seems the most likely explanation, despite being trash

this ending was stupid on all levels. i have accepted this…