What do you think 343 should fix for Halo 6?

Halo 6 has a ton of work to do, but it can revive the series. It can be done. What changes would you like to see implement to fix Halo 6 and redeem the franchise?

-10-12 hour campaign, with 4 player splitscreen, local and online. Needs a good story, people hated Halo 5’s story. The Flood need to come back, UNSC, Covenant factions, Flood, Prometheans, that would be a ton of variety.

-Theater mode. Needs to be fixed, needs to work flawlessly. Plain and simple. Theater is huge, and it’s broken right now.

-Forge, needs to be expanded and needs to actually work. AI have to be introduced. Troop Transport Warthog needs to finally be added in. Add in the Hornet / Falcon. Fix scripting (it’s a janky random mess right now) Budgets need to be removed for PC players. Let people play as Elites. Add in tons more customization options (even so detailed as Infected team can’t enter into Warthog driver seat, can enter Ghost, can’t pick up X weapon, can pick up X weapon)

-Firefight. This mode needs to come back, and let people customize the waves in the pre-game lobby of normal maps, and build their own Firefight maps in Forge.

-Halo 6 needs a full release on PC. Needs to be a good PC release, improved graphics, chat logs, FOV slider, not a crap console port, no console parity. Needs to have full mod tools released day 1 (in addition to Forge).

-I won’t ask for Halo 6 on Steam, but the Windows Store HAS to work smoothly, and has to have fast download times, no bugs, no timing out randomly, no being unable to access content. It needs to be a reliable service.

-Remove microtransactions. Completely. It tampers with the game.

-Make a Halo Classic online playlist. THIS IS ESSENTIAL. You have already alienated so many of your consumers, Halo 5 has sold less than Halo CE. This means no sprint, no armor abilities, no loadouts, no lame Spartan in-game chatter, no weapon pad countdowns, just your weapon, your team, your skill, and your map control.

-Splitscreen. This needs to be in every game mode, not just campaign. 4 player splitscreen Forging on PC, 4 player splitscreen local multiplayer on PC, 4 player local splitscreen online multiplayer against others on PC. (Same goes for XB1)

-Cross platform play. Have a dedicated playlist to cross platform multiplayer, with stat tracking that resets every month, make it a war between PC and XB1 that players will want to go into and win the matches for their platform. (PC players don’t get auto aim/ aim assist.) Let us play with our friends no matter the platform (leave ranked playlists to have everyone on same platform)

-Social and ranked playlists, with real ranks ala Halo 3 style

-If 343 has to do DLC per the Microsoft whip, give us cool new mini campaigns, with crazy characters and crazy locations. (Playing as Prometheans during Flood outbreak?)

-Remake every single Halo multiplayer map, NOT using Forge. Recreate them exactly how they were (just port them), with updated graphics. If this is too much for 343, release 3 old maps for free each month post launch. This will keep people satisfied constantly. Ship with 3-5 or so good new maps, and with 5 good Forge world template maps, 1 in the sky/space, 1 on top of the water (and let you go under the water unlike Tidal to Forge underwater maps), 1 flat terrain, 1 Forge world-esque map with set pieces of terrain, 1 underground in caves with pitch black areas to light for horror gametypes.

-Bring custom game lobbies and a server browser for PC. Let us host our maps, set the lobby name, and have people click and join what they want.

-Bring a lot of focus to community maps, let people search by top rated, highest rated weekly, newest. Introduce a constant fresh stream of community content into playlists, and have a dedicated playlist to community maps. Virtually unlimited community creation being played and shared around constantly, plus every single previous Halo map = a must own for even non-Halo fans with the amount of content they get for $60

-Ship with every single game mode and variant that was in previous titles, Race, Infection, VIP, 1 bomb, etc

-Remove REQ packs and this obsession with pack opening and selling people useless skins.

-Add back in the Hardlight Shield, Jet Pack, and auto turret abilities from Halo 4 (maybe armor lock as well, could be useful for some custom types)

-Add back in the auto turrets you could place in Forge from Halo 4, and fix them so they work properly (be able to choose who they target when activated)

-Bring back duel wielding

-Add descriptions for each item in Forge, that gives useful info (difference between Oni Mantis from Hannibal from Normal as example)

-Real flyable Pelicans, with appropriate seating in the back so 4-6 players can ride in the back

-Let us drop Elephants / Mammoths in Forge

-Increase the player count to max 32

I have been playing Halo since Halo CE on PC in 2003, Halo is a shadow of its former self, but if 343 swallows its pride, listens to its fans, and works hard at delivering a Halo 6 that the fans actually want, I believe they can make Halo great again.

You said it

yeah that about covers it

Halo needs to go to a 2 man co-op Campaign, and 4 player splitscreen multiplayer. There doesn’t need to be 4 people in the campaign. Having to write in an entire squad being there for the sake of having the ability to have you and 4 other friends play is bullcrap. All the prior Halos did just fine with co-op… you didn’t see any change in the story line, and the cut scenes acted as though only one player was playing. That’s completely fine. I don’t need to have 3 AI to babysit while I’m trying to fight the enemy as well.

Everything else, pretty much agree with. Getting rid of the REQ system will be great, and removing sprint will be the cherry on the cake.

> 2549359074790154;4:
> Halo needs to go to a 2 man co-op Campaign, and 4 player splitscreen multiplayer. There doesn’t need to be 4 people in the campaign. Having to write in an entire squad being there for the sake of having the ability to have you and 4 other friends play is bullcrap. All the prior Halos did just fine with co-op… you didn’t see any change in the story line, and the cut scenes acted as though only one player was playing. That’s completely fine. I don’t need to have 3 AI to babysit while I’m trying to fight the enemy as well.
>
> Everything else, pretty much agree with. Getting rid of the REQ system will be great, and removing sprint will be the cherry on the cake.

All you need to do is the old style, Master Chief clones. Boom. I agree changing the story for splitscreen is dumb af.

> 2549359074790154;4:
> Halo needs to go to a 2 man co-op Campaign, and 4 player splitscreen multiplayer. There doesn’t need to be 4 people in the campaign. Having to write in an entire squad being there for the sake of having the ability to have you and 4 other friends play is bullcrap. All the prior Halos did just fine with co-op… you didn’t see any change in the story line, and the cut scenes acted as though only one player was playing. That’s completely fine. I don’t need to have 3 AI to babysit while I’m trying to fight the enemy as well.
>
> Everything else, pretty much agree with. Getting rid of the REQ system will be great, and removing sprint will be the cherry on the cake.

Do the campaign like 3, that was a lot of fun when I got 4 people together offline of course.

1. Build the gameplay around a fast no sprint movement.

2. For the love of God apply the KISS theory to the campaign story.

3. Splitscreen

4. No squad in campaign

> 2535426076338058;1:
> -10-12 hour campaign, with 4 player splitscreen, local and online. Needs a good story, people hated Halo 5’s story. The Flood need to come back, UNSC, Covenant factions, Flood, Prometheans, that would be a ton of variety.

I’d rather not see the flood come back (so annoying to fight especially when they are endless), but you can have your opinion. Everything else I agree with.

> 2535426076338058;1:
> -Splitscreen. This needs to be in every game mode, not just campaign. 4 player splitscreen Forging on PC, 4 player splitscreen local multiplayer on PC, 4 player local splitscreen online multiplayer against others on PC. (Same goes for XB1)

This is all I was going to say, honestly. 343 needs to fix the lack of split-screen, first and foremost. No matter what kind of other flaws it has, if I can’t play it with my girlfriend in the same room, then we will be playing something else.

> 2535426076338058;1:
> -Remove REQ packs and this obsession with pack opening and selling people useless skins.

You forgot to mention all of the horrendously ugly armors, and visors that look almost exactly the same. Those really need to be removed. I just hope the req system doesn’t come back at all.

[deleted]

I’ll also add

1. Add back in the Hardlight Shield, Jet Pack, and auto turret abilities from Halo 4 (maybe armor lock as well, could be useful for some custom types)
  2. Add back in the auto turrets you could place in Forge from Halo 4, and fix them so they work properly (be able to choose who they target when activated)
  3. Bring back duel wielding
  4. Add descriptions for each item in Forge, that gives useful info (difference between Oni Mantis from Hannibal from Normal as example)
  5. Real flyable Pelicans, with appropriate seating in the back so 4-6 players can ride in the back
  6. Let us drop Elephants / Mammoths in Forge
  7. Increase the player count to max 32

add more customization options for armors and more classic weapons like the grenade launcher and classic reach shotgun

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I am Groot

Perhaps not the dual wield and armor abilities because dual wielding made it a staple to have 2 on order for them to be useful and armor abilities would be cool if they were in custom games only.

Pretty much everything you said

The only things that really bug me are the lack of customization, no offline mode, and no split screen; I can live with all the other problems.

I agree