What do you not want to happen in halo 5

gameply wise, Lore wise, etc. just tell me what you would just hate to happen.

Making a character that we hate, like Palmer, have an even more significant role. Instead make her likeable before basing a comic and a game off of her.

how do you eddit? I messed up on the grammar of OP

> Making a character that we hate, like Palmer, have an even more significant role. Instead make her likeable before basing a comic and a game off of her.

can you give me an example of this?

BTW, edit button is under “menu”…

Anyways, what would I hate to see in Halo 5?

The game being more or less a carbon copy of a past Halo game, and by that I do mean Copy Paste Halo 3’s game/game engine, and then smack some new graphics on, and a different story. I want Halo to be Halo, not COD in the sense of each game being new, and created to stand out among other Halo titles.

I also don’t want to see a “Skill” based ranking system that’s based purely off of W/L, and K/D, nor do I want to see any kind of stat flaming surrounding said stats.

There’s two major points I’d like to see NOT happen.

The first is a ditto to Weird stealth, the last thing I’d like to see in Halo 5 is an overly literal game that sees “Halo” merely as a given set of gameplay mechanics and does nothing to move beyond them. There’s several games gathering dust right now on my shelf for being “classic Halo.” I don’t need another one, nor does anyone in spite of appearances.

The second is a bit more subjective. Cortana dying was the emotional cornerstone of Halo 4. It is the game’s legacy. 343, please don’t ruin that. Feel free to give us another AI, but one that is pointedly not her.

I’m going to go with a list here…

Things NOT to happen in Halo 5:

  • As Stealth just said, I do not want Cortana to return.
  • I do not want Forge and Custom Games to be downgraded.
  • I do not want a carbon copy of Halo 3, I want Halo 5.
  • I do not want to have an excessively linear campaign.
  • I will not accept the absence of a UNSC air vehicle.
  • I will not accept the Mantis.
  • Forerunner weapons must not be reskins of existing ones.
  • Armor permutations must not look hideous.
  • A lack of gender/racial variety in marines is not allowed.
  • A lack of search restrictions is not allowed.

I just think because palmer has become a pretty significant character, with spartan assault and halo:Initiation based off of her, shouldn’t she be a more likable character? I mean she was sooo annoying and stuck up in SPOPS.

> [/li]1. As <mark>Stealth</mark> just said, I do not want Cortana to return.
>
[/quote]
You know what, I was going to complain but let’s give Stealth the credit for this idea anyway. :slight_smile:

Halo straying from its definitive gameplay.*
Sandbox panders to BR dude-bros instead of doing some much needed tweaking.
Sandbox fails to be interesting, see Forerunner Arsenal.
Cheesy writing (Didact is evil just because**.)
DLC Fiasco’s.
Ranks being removed for arbitrary reasons.
Game options remaining the same or being further nerfed.
Covenant are dumbed down and made universally evil.
Chief betrays the UNSC for arbitrary reasons.
UNSC betrays Chief for arbitrary reasons.

*Don’t even bother writing some long winded strawman argument. I have not elaborated on this point, you have NOTHING to debate about.

**Yes, I know there’s a reason why, but it’s a -Yoinking!- stupid reason. If a group of minorities killed my family I wouldn’t declare genocide on their entire race. Plus he knew humanity was just running from the flood yet he hates them anyway. He’s simply an irrational (and envious?) bigot, much like every modern warfare villain ever.

**To be fair Bungie didn’t have the best writing either.

Leaving out a local only search option. It’s the reason I didn’t play Halo 4 and I believe it’s the first reason why the majority of players didn’t play Halo 4.

> 1. Halo straying from its definitive gameplay.*
> 2. Sandbox panders to BR dude-bros instead of doing some much needed tweaking.
>
> *Don’t even bother writing some long winded strawman argument. I have not elaborated on this point, you have NOTHING to debate about.

Actually, there is. The two points you made here are mutually inconsistent. You can’t make a Halo game with it’s “defining gameplay” if you don’t have a standard weapon sandbox that caters to the BR and it’s ilk. Every “classic” has had issues with overpowering semi-automatics which has in turn colored just about every other aspect of gameplay. You might be able to bring back the old mechanics, plus balance tweaks, but it just wouldn’t feel the same which is what one ultimately defines Halo by (since absolute quantification is beyond all our scopes.)

Hey, you prodded the monkey. It’s going to fling.

> Leaving out a local only search option. It’s the reason I didn’t play Halo 4 and I believe it’s the first reason why the majority of players didn’t play Halo 4.

I believe the Xbox One has regional search options (and more) on every game’s matchmaking system. You don’t have to worry much on this point. :slight_smile:


Oh, and one more point I don’t want to see. I don’t want the Chief’s story to be sidetracked by Blue Team or any other character set in the main campaign. On the one hand there needs to be some damage control for how…inadequately they were portrayed in SOPS and that likely requires some time and perhaps the work of side-projects (like more windows store games and co-op modes). Secondly, if there’s any themes to Halo at all they center around the master chief. It may be a growing universe but its still his story, and for the campaign to continue striving it needs to maintain its focus on him.

> > [/li]1. As <mark>Stealth</mark> just said, I do not want Cortana to return.
> >
[/quote]
You know what, I was going to complain but let’s give Stealth the credit for this idea anyway. :slight_smile:
[/quote]
As much as I would enjoy that, I’ll let you have it Duncan. :stuck_out_tongue:
> >
> > Another thing I thought of, I don’t want another Halo game that is without volume control, and have main menu music that kills ear drums like the past few Halo games.
> >
> > Either give me the ability to turn down the volume, or mute the music, something to save my ear drums.

> The game being more or less a carbon copy of a past Halo game, and by that I do mean Copy Paste Halo 3’s game/game engine, and then smack some new graphics on, and a different story. I want Halo to be Halo, not COD in the sense of each game being new, and created to stand out among other Halo titles.

Agreed.

> Another thing I thought of, I don’t want another Halo game that is without volume control, and have main menu music that kills ear drums like the past few Halo games.
>
> Either give me the ability to turn down the volume, or mute the music, something to save my ear drums.

Agreed.

The only option right now is to play your own music and then pause it.

While we’re on the talk of missing/neglected features, I’d like to see an option to revert to the second last checkpoint; currently, the only way to go back to a predecessor of a previous checkpoint is to die 5 times in quick succession. First implemented in Halo 2, Bungie never bothered to integrate it.

Also, I’d like to see butterflying return in Campaign, it was a harmless glitch that was collateral damage to Bungie’s TUs (which often unnecessarily affected Campaign).

> There’s two major points I’d like to see NOT happen.
>
> The first is a ditto to Weird stealth, the last thing I’d like to see in Halo 5 is an overly literal game that <mark>sees “Halo” merely as a given set of gameplay mechanics</mark> and does nothing to move beyond them. There’s several games gathering dust right now on my shelf for being “classic Halo.” I don’t need another one, nor does anyone in spite of appearances.

Before the introduction of features (i.e. Theater, Firefight), that was what gave Halo Campaign it’s replay value.

> Early on, the Bungie crew came up with a mantra that would eventually guide all aspects of Halo gameplay: “30 seconds of fun.” <mark>The idea was to have Halo repeatedly immerse players in hectic battles that would last for half a minute</mark> — just long enough to create heart-thumping chaos and the risk of death — before offering a respite. Meanwhile, each level would also include scripted cinematic scenes to push the story forward.
>
> It was a subtle but deeply pleasing balancing act: Halo neither bored people with overly long storytelling animations nor numbed them with pointless fighting.

The bolded portion, doesn’t it ring a bell? Spartan Ops in a nutshell.

But this could have all right… if Halo 4 had included returning features and added more features. But it didn’t. Pretty much everything in the settings is familiar, there’s nothing new or exceptional to be excited about.

As for the highlighted portion, they should expand on this. Such battles should last longer, with more ways to play them out.

I.e. BadCyborgMovies documents a lot of interesting combat scenarios, it should be noted how controlled they are. He employs the use of checkpoints and a variety of manipulation tactics to get the fighting setup he wants. I have reproduced this in subsequent Halo games and it was not easy at all. A feature like Firefight could easily satisfy people like me, but it clings to a set of rules that kills it’s potential. We should have more control over those rules.

> While we’re on the talk of missing/neglected features, I’d like to see an option to revert to the second last checkpoint; currently, the only way to go back to a predecessor of a previous checkpoint is to die 5 times in quick succession. First implemented in Halo 2, Bungie never bothered to integrate it.

Yes, and/or a save option, there are so many times that I’ll hit a point where I die a ton, and have one run where I get damn far into it, get very close to a checkpoint, and then BAM random AI kills me, and I’m back to the endless cycle of dying.

> > While we’re on the talk of missing/neglected features, I’d like to see an option to revert to the second last checkpoint; currently, the only way to go back to a predecessor of a previous checkpoint is to die 5 times in quick succession. First implemented in Halo 2, Bungie never bothered to integrate it.
>
> Yes, and/or a save option, there are so many times that I’ll hit a point where I die a ton, and have one run where I get damn far into it, get very close to a checkpoint, and then BAM random AI kills me, and I’m back to the endless cycle of dying.

Sounds heavenly, though it would probably disrupt speedruns. Fortunately, there’s a simple solution that could be implemented: make a skull that enables the save option in the pause menu and make turning on Iron skull nullify it. Most run categories don’t allow skulls and making Iron skull nullify it would make SLASO still valid.

I would at least want to see the return of repeating/reoccuring checkpoints, which were a prominent feature in CE and Reach. Visiting a certain area every few minutes yielded a checkpoint, but it had the downside of not being able to be delayed forever (Reach increased the checkpoint delay duration).

It’s a shame Halo 4 disregarded it’s predecessor’s innovations. I.e. Buggers were finally made headshottable and had a well-developed caste (unlike those heathens in Halo 3: ODST), and they were thrown away in Halo 4

If Halsey dies, I’m through with Halo.

I just want a complete game that doesn’t have less features than a game that came out 4 years before it. I don’t want a carbon copy of anything, that includes COD.

I play Halo because other shooters have become generic and COD like. Reach and Halo 4 actually put me off Xbox all together because they felt too contemporary and not very much like Halo should feel.

If that repeats then MS have lost me completely, if 343 address this though I may get an Xbox One.

I hope that 343i doesn’t make the flood the main enemy, as much as I would like to fight them at 60 fps, I just don’t think that it would be a wise move on 343’s part to piggy back on the reputation and legacy that Bungie built, they have to do their own thing, become a famous company in their own rights and to do this, they need to make an interesting, frightening and challenging foe/antagonist that keeps the player coming back.