What do you NOT want in Halo?

We always see threads about what we what to see in the next Halo game but what about what we don’t want?

Feel free to tell everyone what you DON’T want in Halo.

Things like:

Money limit in Forge? I think that’d be pretty cool. (XCloud09)
I don’t want ff in match making games (tigertron007)
Bloom (tigertron007)
Soft/Hard kill barriers (The Gvna/ KoD Carnage)
No Falcon, Hornet is better.(Wersonian)
Armor Lock (Time Glitch)

<3 EnigmaBiz

Master Chief is definitely a human being, so no worries about that one.

I don’t want Halo 3’s netcode. But I know that they won’t downgrade from Reach’s, so I’ve got nothing to worry about. :slight_smile:

Death barriers like in Halo 2. So i can have a full custom game lobby of people having a great time and exploring the map. Also with campaign where you could hop ontop of buildings and just keep walking. I miss Halo 2.

<4 <343

Money limit in Forge? I think that’d be pretty cool.

I don’t want ff in match making games, at all. There are definatly some funny betrayal moments but I’d prefer it if it was optional in custom games. I’d like to play without occasionally feeling like I’m treading on eggshells and also disabling ff would sort out the boot system that Reach currently uses.

Also, bloom. Shock horror :stuck_out_tongue:

Soft/Hard kill barriers (Campaign and matchmaking) and bloom (Matchmaking, at minimum). I don’t mind reticule bloom during Reach’s campaign, but I absolutely can’t stand it during MM. Also, I don’t want any AA’s during MM, except for sprint. Campaign AA’s are okay.

i dont want aiming down the sights =P

They should keep bloom, but make it in a way that actually rewards pacing your shots, not just spamming.

No Falcon, Hornet is better.

-Bloom
-Armor Lock

Other than that, I just don’t want anything that makes people un-even off-spawn.

> i dont want aiming down the sights =P

I actually want to aim down the sights, but that it doesn’t slow you down, nor have more accuracy than not aiming. I mean, have you seen the GL in Reach?, it has some pretty neat design, and I think it will be cool if you could see through it.

Basically I want aiming, but not like in CoD, I want it to be the same as not aiming.

No Load-outs. Ever.

> No Load-outs. Ever.

I’d like them in Firefight, but I agree that they should be gone from Multiplayer.

Loadouts in Firefight actually make it more fun :slight_smile:

> > No Load-outs. Ever.
>
> I’d like them in Firefight, but I agree that they should be gone from Multiplayer.
>
> Loadouts in Firefight actually make it more fun :slight_smile:

IMO I don’t like them. I like the way Firefight was on ODST, in Reach it was meh.

> > > No Load-outs. Ever.
> >
> > I’d like them in Firefight, but I agree that they should be gone from Multiplayer.
> >
> > Loadouts in Firefight actually make it more fun :slight_smile:
>
> IMO I don’t like them. I like the way Firefight was on ODST, in Reach it was meh.

Ah, fair enough then. To each their own and all that. :slight_smile:

“Money limit in Forge? I think that’d be pretty cool.”
I agree with this, but I can under stand why there’s a limit, if you spawn too many of some things, it can cause connection issues, FPS issues, and a few other things.

“I don’t want ff in match making games (tigertron007)”
I also agree with this, but I also really don’t agree with this. I hate getting matched with people who die alot, people who TK, and people who pick the worst maps ever. But, I love playing score attack cause it’s solo play, I can pick what map I’m playing on, and I got 10 lives all for my self, and I don’t have to worry about people killing me because I picked up their sniper rifle that they was caring around like a status simble, and can’t get any kills with it. I also get but loads of credits in match making, and if Halo 4 had a Credit system like Reach, none match making fire fight wouldn’t give me very much credits, and repeating the campaign over and over would get boring quick, and normal match making has tons of low lifes who team kill over the stupidest things.

“Soft/Hard kill barriers (The Gvna/ KoD Carnage)”
If you mean the kill barriers that you can’t delete in forge mode, then yes, I agree cause those can get annoying in some areas of the maps that you can get to in forge mode. But if you mean in general, I’d have to say no, cause then if you make a map in a map like forge world, and you don’t want it to be a big room, but open so you can see things, it’s the only way to keep people in the area’s you want them playing in.

“No Falcon, Hornet is better.(Wersonian)”
This I really have to disagree with, the Hornet isn’t much better, the only way it was better was because the Hornet, the pilot could fire weapons, which made it a problem if some one likes to -Yoink!- with it. But the Falcon if they made it a transport falcon like in the campaign so you and stick 5 people in it: 1 pilot, 2 gunners, and 2 passangers, then it’d be great for very large maps.

If there is any thing I don’t want to see back into Halo, is the Concussion Rifle, it’s great for anti vehicles when you’re using it, but the AIs have rapid fire with that thing, I liked the brute shot better. Also, when grunts has the FRG, don’t give them rapid fire with it, that’s really annoying, they should have a slower rate of fire, or give us back the old FRG from Halo 1, it arced like a mortar.

I don’t want anything that was in Halo: Reach and Halo 3 taken away from the game. ONLY IMPROVED. And of course add things. I am being very general. I am basically talking about big things like forge theater multiplay campaign custom games and such. Don’t take away the 4 player theater mode that we had in Halo 3 for example. Weapons, however, I don’t want them to take away the Halo: Reach Magnum. It’s my fave overall.

• Armor Lock
  • Reach Vehicle Health System

Those are the main ones.

Personally, I’d not want bloom, armor lock, and the credits system.

No unreasonably fast enemy AI.
No enemy AI with cheap stuff (i.e. Chieftain armor prevents super combine, grenade sticks. Reach Ultra Grunts have helmet).
No charging friendly AI.

And on a side note, Halo 4 should have a cross difficulty of Normal and Heroic. Normal’s shield, health, and damage combined with Heroic’s AI = realistic

I agree with a mix between Normal and Heroic.